Jump to content
drwae

Do you pay for premium protein powder?

Recommended Posts

35 minutes ago, feelinfine said:

Do protein shakes even make a difference?  I am not sure it even does anything since I eat plenty of dietary protein anyway.

The only thing that seem to make a difference was pinning test. Imagine all the money wasted on supplements when test is so cheap and it is proven to work.

I think it’s a waste of money. I’ve bulked with and without and results were the same. I’ve never cut using loads of protein power and there’s countless stuff on the internet about how increasing protein on a cut can defend muscle but I’m not convinced about that either. I only ever cut on a trt dose but I reckon a supraphysiological dose of hormones would do far more than protein.

Look at a bull. You don’t see them chugging expensive milk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it must be 6 months now that Iv been protein powder free. After having a balanced diet now not so protein dominant now I’m think how much years Iv wasted eating and focusing on having a high protein diet what a waste of effort and money it was. After all I’m in the best shape of my life with a moderate protein intake. You don’t need protein powder at all 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Tonysco said:

That's not really right though mate, look at the serving size that's meant to be used. The weight gainer has less protein per amount of product, it's mostly carbs.

For me I use whey often, and usually buy from either MP or BP depending on what's cheaper.

Right now I'm going through 5kg of Bps hydrobeef since it was cheap.

A good tip is to buy a cheaper veg based protein like pea isolate and mix it half and half with a decent whey.

It stretches the whey out and sorts any issue with the amino profile.

That’s why I put per serving buddy. Even at larger servings it is still cheaper. 

 

21-25G serving 

35-125g serving 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Me and missus use a mixture of BBW and Yamamoto protein powders. 

At the moment BBW whey is what we're both using, got a mixture of whey con and isolate. Both have great flavours and dont give either of us any digestive issues, unlike some other brands we've used in the past. 

If im on cycle or when im back in the gym training properly again, i personally use Yamamoto Nutrition isolate whey for everything.  I use quite a few of their products TBH, basically Yamamoto is a pharma grade supplement company, so have the highest quality going. 

I also take advantage of both companies discount offers, 50% off own brand BBW is brilliant, stock up on load of stuff, not just protein powder but things like EEAs, L-Glute which we both use a lot of. Plus theres always a 30% off code for theyre own brand on, code Sunny.

Same with Yam offers, usually 25% off on pay weekends but even with just 25% off it brings their whey protein prices under that off the more mainstream brands which are well overpriced, and of poorer quality.

https://www.bodybuildingwarehouse.co.uk

https://www.yamamotonutrition.com/eng/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/05/2020 at 10:08 PM, Tonysco said:

That's not really right though mate, look at the serving size that's meant to be used. The weight gainer has less protein per amount of product, it's mostly carbs.

For me I use whey often, and usually buy from either MP or BP depending on what's cheaper.

Right now I'm going through 5kg of Bps hydrobeef since it was cheap.

A good tip is to buy a cheaper veg based protein like pea isolate and mix it half and half with a decent whey.

It stretches the whey out and sorts any issue with the amino profile.

How you finding the beef protein mate? I got some due to the great macros/price but the mix ability is awful and an expected strange beefy taste which I'm not too fond of lol. Cannot argue with the price and nutrional label though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TRT said:

How you finding the beef protein mate? I got some due to the great macros/price but the mix ability is awful and an expected strange beefy taste which I'm not too fond of lol. Cannot argue with the price and nutrional label though. 

I'm finding it fine, no bloating and the chocolate tastes just like whey imo.

It doesn't mix in a normal shaker for me, you really need a blender. I have a full size one but bought this purely for making shakes;

https://business.currys.co.uk/buy-rent/N111735W?cidp=Froogle&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwOaH3MGh6QIVa4BQBh38YQHNEAYYAiABEgIcfPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Great piece of kit for £20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bodybuilding warehouse whey only for me.

although I’d like to give the mutant iso surge ago purely because the flavours are supposed to be really tasty. Would be good too have a small tub just to use for making deserts etc now n then when bulking 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/05/2020 at 6:50 PM, G-man99 said:

Can't stand bulk/cheap suppliers flavours. Overly sweet and artificial. 

 

I use ON when it's on offer and Mutant whey. 

 

Had this for £45 delivered last week 

IMG_20200429_112138.jpg

Where from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I use musclesport lean whey 

expensive stuff, £65 for 2.2kg

Only pay it as I have a fair bit of spare cash and it doesn’t f**k with my stomach the same way most brands do but if I was on a budget I’d just use my protein which I used for years without many issue other than the slight digestive ones. 

20162AF6-0010-4D8C-B934-DA6688847053.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Towel said:

I use musclesport lean whey 

expensive stuff, £65 for 2.2kg

Only pay it as I have a fair bit of spare cash and it doesn’t f**k with my stomach the same way most brands do but if I was on a budget I’d just use my protein which I used for years without many issue other than the slight digestive ones. 

20162AF6-0010-4D8C-B934-DA6688847053.jpeg

Is that picture just an advert  or does it have huge chunks in it :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Although i'm one of myproteins first customers, and used to buy back in the days when you could make your own blends up (anyone else remember that?), I buy from bulk powders most of the time now because i like their cardboard boxes. Sturdy as f**k, might have to live in one if things get any worse job wise for me. I buy their whey concentrate and their casein - both unflavoured, unsweetened. Can't understand why anyone would care about buying flavoured, just put some cocoa or coffee in, maybe a squirt of honey. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, drwae said:

Is that picture just an advert  or does it have huge chunks in it :huh:

It has actual cookies in it :lol: 

Apparantly it has stuff in it that makes you burn fat but that’s a load of crap, 
 

I just like the taste and my stomach seems to digest it the best of the ones I’ve tried

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/05/2020 at 6:50 PM, G-man99 said:

Can't stand bulk/cheap suppliers flavours. Overly sweet and artificial. 

 

I use ON when it's on offer and Mutant whey. 

 

Had this for £45 delivered last week 

IMG_20200429_112138.jpg

That's what I'm using, it's pretty good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tonysco said:

And whey protein is basically just milk,

It's not a scam, protein is protein at the end of the day.

Milk with 1g of fat and couple grams of carbs if you buy a decent one... not basically just milk 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/05/2020 at 6:50 PM, G-man99 said:

Can't stand bulk/cheap suppliers flavours. Overly sweet and artificial. 

 

I use ON when it's on offer and Mutant whey. 

 

Had this for £45 delivered last week 

IMG_20200429_112138.jpg

I'm the same. BBW  and myprotein are the worst tasting brands I've ever used. I know the hardcore say just get it down you but I dread drinking them if they taste bad. 

I'm using scitec strawberry whey at minute. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/05/2020 at 11:43 AM, Simon90 said:

Bodybuilding warehouse whey only for me.

although I’d like to give the mutant iso surge ago purely because the flavours are supposed to be really tasty. Would be good too have a small tub just to use for making deserts etc now n then when bulking 

Got almost a full tub of their chocolate cheesecake flavour iso surge. It's horrible. :lol:

I prefer wpc over isolate. Just seems to taste better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MrBrightside said:

Got almost a full tub of their chocolate cheesecake flavour iso surge. It's horrible. :lol:

I prefer wpc over isolate. Just seems to taste better. 

Is it yeah? Haha ffs was gonna get that one aswell either that salted caramel or mint choc chip..makin me think twice now lol

would only be using it now n then for a treat 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×