Sign in to follow this  
Sasnak

What easing of lock down may look like

13 minutes ago, Smilez said:

I've always thought most office jobs could/should be done from home. A mutual agreement that weekly/monthly face-to-face meetings will be a requirement should be enough in most cases.

The software is well up to it nowadays, and it saves on all the usual workplace bollox. 

Unless there's a few slutty sorts in the office I can see no reason why anyone would want to be there rather than home.

Having worked from home since mid March, I actually miss the office, the social aspect of it actually.

2 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

Did they reply giving the OK to go walk it?

Lol , yes 

you couldn’t leave the house unless you had a confirmation 

2 minutes ago, anna1 said:

Lol , yes 

you couldn’t leave the house unless you had a confirmation 

Should’ve got someone’s contact and changed it to pəˈlēs and got them to reply. :D

30 minutes ago, JohnnySack said:

I think a lot of people are gonna feel the same....and if they have proved they can work from home just as efficiently then it will be difficult for the employer not to allow then to carry on doing so...

Unfortunately, my boss is old school and has been going into the office every day himself since March, even though he just sits at his computer all day and there's no reason he can't do it from home. As soon as they say we can go back, he'll have us back.

2 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

Should’ve got someone’s contact and changed it to pəˈlēs and got them to reply. :D

Do that and with that weird software they were using here , you’d probably be quarantined for a couple of months lol

5 hours ago, Tonysco said:

It seems like finally people are coming to their senses;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52543692

It's only taken weeks, however the studies being done suggest that for most this is basically a bad flu.

I wonder how many people have been ridducluded for suggesting that at the start, and now in hindsight they appear to be correct.

Let the healthy out, protect the vulnerable. It was common sense from the start.

Hence why Sweden refuses to lockdown. It's mainly the elderly who are vulnerable which we all know. Their bodies can't fight a chest infection. 

5 hours ago, Tonysco said:

It seems like finally people are coming to their senses;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52543692

It's only taken weeks, however the studies being done suggest that for most this is basically a bad flu.

I wonder how many people have been ridducluded for suggesting that at the start, and now in hindsight they appear to be correct.

Let the healthy out, protect the vulnerable. It was common sense from the start.

The lockdowns are just for the hospitals really so they don’t get so full because it’s so contagious. It’s frustrating because really us healthy people could just go out there and create herd immunity. Just isolate the old and vulnerable so hospitals don’t get to full that’s what I say 

13 minutes ago, Jackoffblades said:

The lockdowns are just for the hospitals really so they don’t get so full because it’s so contagious. It’s frustrating because really us healthy people could just go out there and create herd immunity. Just isolate the old and vulnerable so hospitals don’t get to full that’s what I say 

Christ don't say that in public, you'll have people  up in arms demanding this goes on until a vaccine is found.

2 hours ago, Varg said:

Unfortunately, my boss is old school and has been going into the office every day himself since March, even though he just sits at his computer all day and there's no reason he can't do it from home. As soon as they say we can go back, he'll have us back.

sounds like a dick...get a new job :-)

Guy that owns our gym is not confident of reopening it until September or even later. Says no chance whatsoever to May, June and July for certain.  Forget gyms for a considerable amount of time. 

4 hours ago, Nara said:

Hence why Sweden refuses to lockdown. It's mainly the elderly who are vulnerable which we all know. Their bodies can't fight a chest infection. 

Some of the highest mortality rates are not age related but obesity related. Even if they ease the restrictions there's still a risk of a 2nd wave and swamping hospitals given the UK is the fattest country in Europe.

2 hours ago, Fletch68 said:

Guy that owns our gym is not confident of reopening it until September or even later. Says no chance whatsoever to May, June and July for certain.  Forget gyms for a considerable amount of time. 

I wouldn't pay any attention to what he says. Owning a gym doesn't mean he knows more than anyone else. 

2 hours ago, godsgifttoearth said:

Some of the highest mortality rates are not age related but obesity related. Even if they ease the restrictions there's still a risk of a 2nd wave and swamping hospitals given the UK is the fattest country in Europe.

Good job they are allowing fast food places to operate again.

This country is so upside down.

2 hours ago, godsgifttoearth said:

There will be a second peak.

There is no way to avoid this.

It's a result of the lockdown itself, we commit to a second peak the moment we started this.

Dreading what's going to be announced Sunday, has our lockdown been extended 3 weeks? Only the Daily Mail reported an extension. 

Scotlands already been extended,

Doesn't really mean anything though since lockdown fatigue has set in to such an amount that most aren't bothering anymore, and seeing it as a holiday. However it still forces thousands of business to stay closed and prevents them generating income. Expect to see the unemployment figure jump a few thousand. 

I think its crazy, its been proven that covid effects poorer areas worse, and yet we're "fighting" it by vastly increasing poverty here, can't just be me that thinks this?

We had one chance at the start to make this lockdown a success, we missed it completely, this half arrsed mickey mouse effort is doing more harm than good.

Cant wait until 3 weeks in the future when they still be saying "We're not sure, lets wait another 3 weeks and see....." Idiots

On 5/7/2020 at 6:18 PM, Fletch68 said:

Agreed.  It's not like Tesco where you can have a line around the block and only let in 5 people at a time following a one way system 2 metres apart.

And what about future lockdowns?

Just start getting your equipment now.  There's gonna be a rush for equipment when people realise gyms are done for.

On 07/05/2020 at 1:55 PM, JohnnySack said:

I think a lot of people are gonna feel the same....and if they have proved they can work from home just as efficiently then it will be difficult for the employer not to allow then to carry on doing so...

Way before lockdown or even COVID, I found out the only reason folk don’t work from home is trust. I was gobsmacked, always assumed it was a matter of needing to be in the office  :confused1:

It would be great if this all changed. 

On 5/7/2020 at 3:07 PM, Jackoffblades said:

this really is the case ^

all these wack jobs saying 'you're lifting the lockdown too early' 

A ) it's going to be extremely incremental with the first phase being pathetic (outdoor markets to open and gardeners to return to work ect) 

B ) you're free to stay locked in your home hiding since the furlough scheme is ending soon anyway so you wont get paid regardless 

C ) the slogan is "stay at home, protect the NHS" not 'stay at home, protect yourself' 

herd immunity has been the objective since day 1, the whole purpose of the lock down (outside of the vulnerable) was to drip feed the NHS patients at a rate it could handle.

Ebola first emerged in 1976 and they have just created a vaccine in 2019
yes the world as a whole is pumping far more resources into finding a vaccine for covid19 than they were Ebola but even 18 months from now would be record breaking time for creating one 

all the while the UK is hemorrhaging £3,000,000,000 a day 

just lol, it's over, stay at home and be scared if want or come out and get back to damage controlling the life time of increased taxes we're now facing.

18 minutes ago, swole troll said:

herd immunity has been the objective since day 1, the whole purpose of the lock down (outside of the vulnerable) was to drip feed the NHS patients at a rate it could handle.

I’m pretty confident the building of Nightingales and training of 1000s of extra care staff is setting the NHS up to open the flood gates fully

1 minute ago, Spieren said:

I’m pretty confident the building of Nightingales and training of 1000s of extra care staff is setting the NHS up to open the flood gates fully

Could be or it could be that the forecast was more severe than the outcome 

I personally feel we're now more than ready to start lifting these restrictions

does that mean open everything from day 1? of course not 
It means incremental lifting of measures to limit further damage to the economy.