Sign in to follow this  
Jackoffblades

Will covid 19 go away

4 hours ago, Kazza61 said:

I was having a quick look to see whether Sweden has done any significant antibody testing to back up the claim of being well on the way to achieving herd immunity. Before I got anywhere this article caught my eye as giving a rather different view. I haven't checked it out in any depth and am only posting it for casual interest so do feel entirely free to counter it! ?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/04/opinion/coronavirus-sweden-herd-immunity.html

Even if heard immunity isn't turning out to be a 100% deterrence to re-infection, we cant deny that Sweden have coped with this far better than most countries. 

They accepted the inevitable early on, that this virus isn't going to go away, no matter how much we all try and hide. 

21 minutes ago, Fattynomore said:

The guy is a mongo! Smokes weed every day and goes to work every day(in normal circumstances) like the rest of us, but unlike normal people can't realise his life is s**t because he does fcuk all about it!! Not because of elite pedos, can't believe I'm even arguing with this idiot!!!!!!

Yep - no point calling everyone slaves to the system if you're working a normal job and spending your free time monged off your nut.

8 hours ago, Tonysco said:

Even if heard immunity isn't turning out to be a 100% deterrence to re-infection, we cant deny that Sweden have coped with this far better than most countries. 

They accepted the inevitable early on, that this virus isn't going to go away, no matter how much we all try and hide. 

You’re right to an extent, but many Swedes took the decision to self impose lockdown, which isn’t often reported. 

Also, in terms of death per million, Sweden is much higher than other Nordic nations, who did lockdown. And much lower population density than say Denmark. That’s perhaps a much better comparison than the UK for if their strategy is being successful and could be applied elsewhere.

I suspect a lot comes down to general health, the low population density and the sensible approach of the Swedish, well Nordic, people.

On a per head basis, Sweden’s death rate is around 4 times that of the other Nordic nations.

15 hours ago, Kazza61 said:

I was having a quick look to see whether Sweden has done any significant antibody testing to back up the claim of being well on the way to achieving herd immunity. Before I got anywhere this article caught my eye as giving a rather different view. I haven't checked it out in any depth and am only posting it for casual interest so do feel entirely free to counter it! ?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/04/opinion/coronavirus-sweden-herd-immunity.html

TBH Sweden has been attacked by most western MSM outlets for weeks. 6 weeks or so ago they were accused of being "crazy" "playing Russian roulette with people's lives" "heading for catastrophe" . Since none of thats really panned out, the narrative has changed to more straw clutching. "They're doing much worse than their neighbours" "it would never work here" "its only working in Sweden because it's not very densely populated" etc etc.

Here's a quite well written article that probably sums up quite well why the MSM is going after Sweden

"The resentment aimed at Sweden reflects an uneasy sense that the rest of us may be condemning ourselves to years of needless poverty. Sweden is like the control in an experiment. If it succeeds, the lockdown enthusiasts will never be able to claim that, but for their measures, things would have been even worse. No wonder they sound so tetchy."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/04/25/sweden-succeeds-lockdownswill-have-nothing/

10 hours ago, Tonysco said:

Here's the thing though. If antibodies obtained from getting the virus don't protect from future infection, then we're all screwed. As that would mean any vaccine would be useless. All a vaccine is is antibodies of the disease.

2 hours ago, invisiblekid said:

You’re right to an extent, but many Swedes took the decision to self impose lockdown, which isn’t often reported. 

Also, in terms of death per million, Sweden is much higher than other Nordic nations, who did lockdown. And much lower population density than say Denmark. That’s perhaps a much better comparison than the UK for if their strategy is being successful and could be applied elsewhere.

I suspect a lot comes down to general health, the low population density and the sensible approach of the Swedish, well Nordic, people.

On a per head basis, Sweden’s death rate is around 4 times that of the other Nordic nations.

Sweden does have more deaths per million than its immediate neighbours but overall in Europe is doing way better in terms of limiting deaths than many, including the UK.

If comparing Norway and Denmark with Sweden leads to an assumption that lock downs work. Then what if we look at Germany which has 4 or 5 times less deaths per million than France and Spain , is a lot more densely populated than both yet Germany had a way shorter lockdown than both. So by the same token can we assume that short lockdowns save more lives than long one's.

54 minutes ago, MickeyE said:

So by the same token can we assume that short lockdowns save more lives than long one's.

That might actually be correct. Aggressive, short lockdowns that involve contact tracing, surveillance and strict enforcement of stay at home messages. I believe that's exactly what South Korea did.

Or you look at it another way, short lockdowns are possible if everyone adheres to the lockdown measures.

There are so many ways at looking at it and interpreting the data, isn't there? I guess we'll never know really. 

I do wonder how closely the age and health of the population fit in to all this. It might be interesting to see what Sweden's & Germany's heart disease figures are, compared to the UK's for example.

1 hour ago, MickeyE said:

TBH Sweden has been attacked by most western MSM outlets for weeks. 6 weeks or so ago they were accused of being "crazy" "playing Russian roulette with people's lives" "heading for catastrophe" . Since none of thats really panned out, the narrative has changed to more straw clutching. "They're doing much worse than their neighbours" "it would never work here" "its only working in Sweden because it's not very densely populated" etc etc.

Here's a quite well written article that probably sums up quite well why the MSM is going after Sweden

"The resentment aimed at Sweden reflects an uneasy sense that the rest of us may be condemning ourselves to years of needless poverty. Sweden is like the control in an experiment. If it succeeds, the lockdown enthusiasts will never be able to claim that, but for their measures, things would have been even worse. No wonder they sound so tetchy."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/04/25/sweden-succeeds-lockdownswill-have-nothing/

Here's the thing though. If antibodies obtained from getting the virus don't protect from future infection, then we're all screwed. As that would mean any vaccine would be useless. All a vaccine is is antibodies of the disease .

Sweden does have more deaths per million than its immediate neighbours but overall in Europe is doing way better in terms of limiting deaths than many, including the UK.

If comparing Norway and Denmark with Sweden leads to an assumption that lock downs work. Then what if we look at Germany which has 4 or 5 times less deaths per million than France and Spain , is a lot more densely populated than both yet Germany had a way shorter lockdown than both. So by the same token can we assume that short lockdowns save more lives than long one's.

Not entirely true, there’s many different kinds of vaccines

1 hour ago, MickeyE said:

Here's the thing though. If antibodies obtained from getting the virus don't protect from future infection, then we're all screwed. As that would mean any vaccine would be useless. All a vaccine is is antibodies of the disease.

Possibly, 

I believe it'll be similar to a flu, after you fight it off your body continues to produce anti-bodies for a set amount of time, usually a few months. After they die out you have a chance to catch it again.

Pretty much like the flu jab, you need a new one every year since the immunity doesn't last, what we have to hope that that the ratio of those with immunity is higher than those who don't.

Either way, with the stuff that's coming out on the news about the cost of all of this to the taxpayer, we're going to open soon, nothing at all can be done about it. 

13 hours ago, Fattynomore said:

Mate, fcuk off with that shite, bored with it now.

Don't t come into this thread then you wont be bored will you. 

Anyway.. 

The British Public are in this situation because of this lockdown created by the Parasites in Parliament who want to Vaccinate the people of the UK. Matt Hancock as 75% Shares in Vaccines. Can you not see that your own Government are the problem. Time to rise up people of the UK, This lockdown is 100% illegal and everything the MP's have said are all lies. And if you haven't read the new Corona Virus legislation act here it is

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2020/7/contents/enacted/data.htm.

18 minutes ago, Tonysco said:

Possibly, 

I believe it'll be similar to a flu, after you fight it off your body continues to produce anti-bodies for a set amount of time, usually a few months. After they die out you have a chance to catch it again.

Pretty much like the flu jab, you need a new one every year since the immunity doesn't last, what we have to hope that that the ratio of those with immunity is higher than those who don't.

Either way, with the stuff that's coming out on the news about the cost of all of this to the taxpayer, we're going to open soon, nothing at all can be done about it. 

From my understanding , flu antibodies may last some time however there are dozen different strains of the flu and antibodies for one strain may not protect you against another strain.   The flu jab is different every season because different strains may be more prevalent in different years, scientists spend a lot of time researching what strains are more prevalent/ lethal in a certain year (they do yearly trials called ‘ flu camp’ you can sign up and be paid quite handsomely for participating, 2-3 grand for a couple of weeks work).   So basically you could be infected by one strain of the flu, get antibodies for it, but then next year you’re hit by a different strain that those antibodies don’t protect against.   Obviously the flu has been around for millennia, how long exactly we don’t know but certainly all of modern human history, so it’s had a long time to develop all these different strains etc.  Covid 19 had only existed for a fraction of that time, and as far as we know so far it hasn’t mutated substantially so that it can re infect people multiple times, of course over the coming years, or even decades it’s likely to mutate more and perhaps there will be different strains, some of which you may not be protected from if you’ve been previously infected.  

1 hour ago, paxman85. said:

Not entirely true, there’s many different kinds of vaccines

Can you expand further on that ? as all the reading I've done previously suggests that vaccines introduce the body to a mild dose or close immitation of an infection which allows the body to build antibodies that protect against future exposure to said infection.

You may well have more knowledge than me of the science(?)

21 minutes ago, wylde99 said:

Don't t come into this thread then you wont be bored will you. 

Anyway.. 

The British Public are in this situation because of this lockdown created by the Parasites in Parliament who want to Vaccinate the people of the UK. Matt Hancock as 75% Shares in Vaccines. Can you not see that your own Government are the problem. Time to rise up people of the UK, This lockdown is 100% illegal and everything the MP's have said are all lies. And if you haven't read the new Corona Virus legislation act here it is

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2020/7/contents/enacted/data.htm.

"Matt Hancock as 75% Shares in Vaccines" what does that even mean? I can tell you didn't copy & paste this one.

You do know that most of the rest of the world is in lockdown too and Matt Hancock doesn't rule the world? Actually, Matt Hancock doesn't even rule Britain...

Owning shares in a pharmaceutical company the produces vaccines is hardly a smoking gun. If you have a pension, it's probable that you also, by proxy, own shares in Big Pharma. 

What particular part of that legislation link is important? Gimme the lowdown, assuming you've read it all.

On 02/05/2020 at 1:31 AM, Jackoffblades said:

What are your thoughts will coronavirus go away? Getting really fed up with it to be honest and depressed. Will life go back to normal even if we dont get a vaccine for it? 

No, we already have 4 circulating coronaviruses that have been around for donkey years, this is just another one to add to the list, hopefully there will be a vaccine soon.

@Paxman85

"Vaccines offer a solution to this problem. They help you develop immunity without getting sick first.

Vaccines are made from the same germs (or parts of them) that cause disease; for example, polio vaccine is made from polio virus. But the germs in vaccines are either killed or weakened so they won’t make you sick.

Vaccines containing these weakened or killed germs are introduced into your body, usually by injection. Your immune system reacts to the vaccine in a similar way that it would if it were being invaded by the disease — by making antibodies. The antibodies destroy the vaccine germs just as they would the disease germs — like a training exercise. Then they stay in your body, giving you immunity. If you are ever exposed to the real disease, the antibodies are there to protect you."

https://vaccineinformation.org/how-vaccines-work/

Pretty sure if antibodies from getting the infection don't protect against future infection, the implication of that is that's  it's pretty unlikely any vaccine (if and when developed) will work.

TBH from what I've heard and read the general consensus seems to be that its probable that antibodies will offer some level of protection from future infection. But it's more uncertain as to what level of protection and for how long. It could be that antibodies protect for many years or life or that they only protect for a very short period of time if they work at all.

14 hours ago, Jackoffblades said:

Yikes be careful with your saying. Iv heard of people being arrested with the words you’ve used on the internet even if it’s a joke or sarcasm 

True. 

Just pointing out that Wylde ain't really committed deeply to any cause.

Fat bloke: Ìm fat and have cholesterol and BP and ED problems.

GP: Eat less. Move around more.

Fat bloke: Nah. I just wanna moan 

1 hour ago, wylde99 said:

Can you not see that your own Government are the problem. Time to rise up people of the UK, This lockdown is 100% illegal and everything the MP's have said are all lies.

So please tell us how exactly you're planning to rise up.

39 minutes ago, MickeyE said:

@Paxman85

"Vaccines offer a solution to this problem. They help you develop immunity without getting sick first.

Vaccines are made from the same germs (or parts of them) that cause disease; for example, polio vaccine is made from polio virus. But the germs in vaccines are either killed or weakened so they won’t make you sick.

Vaccines containing these weakened or killed germs are introduced into your body, usually by injection. Your immune system reacts to the vaccine in a similar way that it would if it were being invaded by the disease — by making antibodies. The antibodies destroy the vaccine germs just as they would the disease germs — like a training exercise. Then they stay in your body, giving you immunity. If you are ever exposed to the real disease, the antibodies are there to protect you."

https://vaccineinformation.org/how-vaccines-work/

Pretty sure if antibodies from getting the infection don't protect against future infection, the implication of that is that's  it's pretty unlikely any vaccine (if and when developed) will work.

TBH from what I've heard and read the general consensus seems to be that its probable that antibodies will offer some level of protection from future infection. But it's more uncertain as to what level of protection and for how long. It could be that antibodies protect for many years or life or that they only protect for a very short period of time if they work at all.

Yeah this isn’t correct my point was merely that different vaccines offer different degrees of protection in terms of time, like some stuff you get one shot you’re sorted for life, others you need yearly, some you need 2 or 3 shots and some just only offer a low level of protection and aren’t that effective at all.   Referring specifically to covid it’s an RNA virus and apparently that means it should theoretically be possible to offer lifelong protection for rather than requiring mutiple shots or yearly updates

2 hours ago, invisiblekid said:

"Matt Hancock as 75% Shares in Vaccines" what does that even mean? I can tell you didn't copy & paste this one.

You do know that most of the rest of the world is in lockdown too and Matt Hancock doesn't rule the world? Actually, Matt Hancock doesn't even rule Britain...

Owning shares in a pharmaceutical company the produces vaccines is hardly a smoking gun. If you have a pension, it's probable that you also, by proxy, own shares in Big Pharma. 

What particular part of that legislation link is important? Gimme the lowdown, assuming you've read it all.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN2291FM

Unlike wylde to make unsubstantiated claims.

1 hour ago, paxman85. said:

Yeah this isn’t correct my point was merely that different vaccines offer different degrees of protection in terms of time, like some stuff you get one shot you’re sorted for life, others you need yearly, some you need 2 or 3 shots and some just only offer a low level of protection and aren’t that effective at all.   Referring specifically to covid it’s an RNA virus and apparently that means it should theoretically be possible to offer lifelong protection for rather than requiring mutiple shots or yearly updates

Yeh. Thinking logically, I would imagine that how long naturally acquired antibodies protect against a specific infection would also determine how long any vaccine would likely work for.

I.e illnesses like common flu strains that you can catch year after year, need a yearly vaccine. Things like measles or polio that after you've had them naturally you're very unlikely to get them again anytime soon, the vaccine for these will also protects long term.

An article I found from a quick search suggests that may be the case.

"An important caveat about these data is that immunity from natural infection may last longer than immunity from vaccination. As an example, individuals born before 1957, who grew up in a time when measles was “as inevitable as death and taxes,” may have more durable protection against measles than those who were born later and got the measles vaccine, which became widely available starting in 1963.

This hypothesis is supported by recent outbreaks of mumps. More than 6,000 cases of mumps were reported in the United States in 2016. Most occurred in young people who had been vaccinated as opposed to older people who were born before the introduction of mumps vaccine in 1967."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/09/21/well/live/immunity-vaccines-measles-mumps-tetanus-vaccination.amp.html

So if they do eventually come up with a vaccine for this virus it's only likely to be as effective as antibodies built from naturally being infected. 

Apparently this thing is supposed to be similar in structure to the HIV and after 5 decades I don't think they're anywhere close to finding a vaccine for that.

So hanging all our hopes on developing a successful vaccine is probably not the smartest approach. 

16 minutes ago, MickeyE said:

Yeh. Thinking logically, I would imagine that how long naturally acquired antibodies protect against a specific infection would also determine how long any vaccine would likely work for.

I.e illnesses like common flu strains that you can catch year after year, need a yearly vaccine. Things like measles or polio that after you've had them naturally you're very unlikely to get them again anytime soon, the vaccine for these will also protects long term.

An article I found from a quick search suggests that may be the case.

"An important caveat about these data is that immunity from natural infection may last longer than immunity from vaccination. As an example, individuals born before 1957, who grew up in a time when measles was “as inevitable as death and taxes,” may have more durable protection against measles than those who were born later and got the measles vaccine, which became widely available starting in 1963.

This hypothesis is supported by recent outbreaks of mumps. More than 6,000 cases of mumps were reported in the United States in 2016. Most occurred in young people who had been vaccinated as opposed to older people who were born before the introduction of mumps vaccine in 1967."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/09/21/well/live/immunity-vaccines-measles-mumps-tetanus-vaccination.amp.html

So if they do eventually come up with a vaccine for this virus it's only likely to be as effective as antibodies built from naturally being infected. 

Apparently this thing is supposed to be similar in structure to the HIV and after 5 decades I don't think they're anywhere close to finding a vaccine for that.

So hanging all our hopes on developing a successful vaccine is probably not the smartest approach. 

Wha exactly is similar about it structure wise to HIV.   I think there probably will be a vaccine at some point in 2021, the scientists ive heard talking about it on TV and such say this should be a virus that’s fairly straightforward to vaccinate against, but of course the trials will take the best part of a year nonetheless

40 minutes ago, invisiblekid said:

It came from Facebook though, Bro. It must be true.

Bottom line, you lot know even deep down that the system os corrupt the people running have no Empathy to care for other Human beings, you just go along with it because its easier. 

At least stop attacking me and being do triggered by my comments even defending the Pedophile Parasites. 

1 minute ago, wylde99 said:

Bottom line, you lot know even deep down that the system os corrupt the people running have no Empathy to care for other Human beings, you just go along with it because its easier. 

At least stop attacking me and being do triggered by my comments even defending the Pedophile Parasites. 

AGAIN I ask you:

What are you, YOU PERSONALLY doing about it?

Either s**t or get off the pot.