MW1

Running Shoes

How do you choose your running shoes?

Last pair I went to a specific running shop but they cost about £110. Looking for a cheaper option now, is there anything to look for?

On 23/04/2020 at 5:25 AM, MW1 said:

Last pair I went to a specific running shop but they cost about £110. Looking for a cheaper option now, is there anything to look for?

You get your running shoes? 

You can buy decent new balance/ASICS from sports direct for £50 that’d be good enough for running imo. If they’re comfy and you like them, that’s all you need. If you’re a serious runner then you may want to pay more but would need to change trainers on a regular basis. 

Training/rest volume  will decide whether your feet and lower limbs like your trainers mate, not the price tag of the trainer. 

Don’t bother with the gait assessment that they offer. They work in sports direct and are not qualified to assess gait. Besides, gait assessment will say nothing about your running style/what trainers you need nor will whether you have a high or low arch. 

Hello dear girls, today I will tell you where you can buy good sports shoes at a low price. Let's start with the backstory of how I ordered these shoes for my girlfriend. My girlfriend is an athlete. And I really wanted to give her a gift on March 8. But since I didn't have enough money, I decided to look for a site where you can buy good shoes at a low price. And I came across a site called tennisshoesdeals and found the best supportive tennis shoes there. This is not an online store, but a service with reviews for a variety of models. I am really very glad that I came across this service and that I found a lot of information about the required models there.

Edited by SamanthaBlakepc4

On 23/04/2020 at 5:25 AM, MW1 said:

I've mainly done it via trial and error, I need a shoe that takes a wider foot as I have flippers for feet so I tend to use Brooks trainers which for me have always outperformed other brands. Saying that @PSevens2017 is right, no point spending loads of money on trainers when a cheaper pair could do the trick. If you are using them a lot then you'll need to replace them at least every year as the cushioning gets wrecked and you'll pick up knee and arch issues. 

Posted (edited)

I think it's a waste of money to spend that much on any shoe, let alone a running one that will get ruined in just a few months. Anything comfortable should work well for your long runs.I used to run more than 10 km every day and my shoes could not keep up with the pace. The pair that I bought was great for rope jumping as well. I never thought after buying with the help of https://inonefit.com/best-shoes-for-jumping-rope-top-5-buying-guide/ that this kind of shoe would work like a charm while running. I knew that they were very comfortable as Reebook and New Balance are generally good brands to choose from, but the one I got exceeded my expectations!

Edited by Bamblebeen

Stay away from anything made by Karrimor

I've ran in 2 different trainers made by them (went cheap, instead of spending £70+) and I immediately regretted it

Both trainers gave me shin splints for the first time in my life

You should look at something with a little bit of "spring" in the soles, this will mitigate damage to your joints, ankles and shins from pounding the pavement over and over

(I'm 34, if you were wondering, so not exactly a spring chicken anymore)

On 21/05/2021 at 11:49 PM, Bamblebeen said:

I think it's a waste of money to spend that much on any shoe, let alone a running one that will get ruined in just a few months. Anything comfortable should work well for your long runs.

Threads nearly a year and a half old mate.

OP will probably be thankful all the same!