sitries

Best joint supplement

As the title suggests.... I’m 37 now and shoulder joints are an issue for me. I’m looking for a premium joint supplement. Any recommendations? I would rather take an all in one supplement if possible rather than popping 3 or 4 different pills 

agreed on the Strom Joint Max, made a massive difference to my dry painful knees.

it contains high levels of anti-flams like curcumin, more than ive seen in other joint products.

https://www.stromsports.com/collections/strom/products/supportmax-joint-capsules

I also take a 1000mg Collagen tablet too and 2000mg ish of fish oils ED.

https://www.yamamotonutrition.com/eng/effortex_pr31203

17 hours ago, Ironman TS said:

Still yet to find anything truly effective for tendinitis.

Going to give the Strom Joint Max a go I think.

Im always have trouble with what im sure is my tendon and/or ligament below my knee.

Ive used Strom Joint Max in the past but from last Monday ive switched over to Trained by JP 'Join-In'. Its very similar to Stroms but has Boswellia, which like Curcumin is a strong anti-inflam.

On top of the Join-In im still taking loads of fish oils, use Nordic Fish oils, the lemon tasting one, off Amazon, and continuing to take Curcumin and Collagen Type II. 

Ive also started on AAKG from last Monday as well, as not only is this good for training, pump, stamina etc, its also great for Collagen synthesis, so will/could help with my joints too.

The Join-In tastes like crap, but i suppose good things taste bad lol. The Strom Joint Max powder is great tasting tho.

7 hours ago, Clubber Lang said:

Im always have trouble with what im sure is my tendon and/or ligament below my knee.

Ive used Strom Joint Max in the past but from last Monday ive switched over to Trained by JP 'Join-In'. Its very similar to Stroms but has Boswellia, which like Curcumin is a strong anti-inflam.

On top of the Join-In im still taking loads of fish oils, use Nordic Fish oils, the lemon tasting one, off Amazon, and continuing to take Curcumin and Collagen Type II. 

Ive also started on AAKG from last Monday as well, as not only is this good for training, pump, stamina etc, its also great for Collagen synthesis, so will/could help with my joints too.

The Join-In tastes like crap, but i suppose good things taste bad lol. The Strom Joint Max powder is great tasting tho.

Tendinitis in my elbows completely derailed my ability to train consistently for years - got to the point where just lifting up my kids or throwing a stick for the dogs to chase was agony.

Since getting back into training this year it’s still there but nowhere near as bad and I avoid certain exercises that I believe caused the problem like heavy rack pulls, lock outs and preacher curls.

Been advised deep tissue massage might help and alleviate so looking into that and have been whacking on the Tiger Balm pre workout and icing when i get a flare up.

Would love to find a supplement that helps - think the only things I’ve not tried listed above are Collagen (type 2) and Boswella.  Definitely going to try increasing the fish oils and move away from softgels (have been looking at the Nordic as it goes) and was hoping that the Curcumin in the Stromm Joint Max might have a better effect than the BP Curcumin/D3 I’ve been using.

Let me know how you get on with the Join-in as sounds interesting.

I think I’m going to try the following regimen next...

- Strom Joint Max (on reputation)

- Nordic Fish Oils

- Boswellia (Now Foods 500mg caps)

On 18/05/2020 at 7:43 AM, Ironman TS said:

I think I’m going to try the following regimen next...

- Strom Joint Max (on reputation)

- Nordic Fish Oils

- Boswellia (Now Foods 500mg caps)

Yeah Strom are a great brand, my coach is sponsored by them. Ive used the Joint Max in powder and capsule form. The Raspberry powder i thought was quite tasty, just the powder itself stains your fingers and shakers. JP's Join-In tastes like crap compared to Strom, but i suppose good things dont always taste nice.

Been on the Join-In for about a week and a half now. Last week my knees were suffering, but these last 3 days my knee pain has near all but gone, its bizarre. Sunday they were aching, Monday morning, nothing, weird. Unsure if its the new product, JPs, or the combination of that and other supplements ive now included like AAKG, but these last 3 days ive had hardly any discomfort, and i did squats yesterday. Early days still, but im staying positive.

The Nordic Fish Oils i swear by, its pharma grade, so cant get any better quality than that. I get the 500ml lemon tasting bottle, i do 15ml ED so lasts me 33 days.

Boswellia acid, Supplement Needs do it, on offer at the moment too 

https://www.supplementneeds.co.uk/products/supplement-needs-boswellia-serrata-60-capsules?_pos=1&_sid=d9887acc6&_ss=r

6 hours ago, Clubber Lang said:

Yeah Strom are a great brand, my coach is sponsored by them. Ive used the Joint Max in powder and capsule form. The Raspberry powder i thought was quite tasty, just the powder itself stains your fingers and shakers. JP's Join-In tastes like crap compared to Strom, but i suppose good things dont always taste nice.

Been on the Join-In for about a week and a half now. Last week my knees were suffering, but these last 3 days my knee pain has near all but gone, its bizarre. Sunday they were aching, Monday morning, nothing, weird. Unsure if its the new product, JPs, or the combination of that and other supplements ive now included like AAKG, but these last 3 days ive had hardly any discomfort, and i did squats yesterday. Early days still, but im staying positive.

The Nordic Fish Oils i swear by, its pharma grade, so cant get any better quality than that. I get the 500ml lemon tasting bottle, i do 15ml ED so lasts me 33 days.

Boswellia acid, Supplement Needs do it, on offer at the moment too 

https://www.supplementneeds.co.uk/products/supplement-needs-boswellia-serrata-60-capsules?_pos=1&_sid=d9887acc6&_ss=r

Looks good cheers and hope the knee holds out for you mate. 

12 hours ago, Ironman TS said:

Decided to go with...

Strom Joint Max (4 caps per day)

Supp Needs Boswellia (2 caps, 900mg)

Nordic Fish Oils (15ml per day)

Will give it a month and report back.

looks perfect bud.

if you havent tried the lemon tasting Nordic oil you'll be surprised how nice tasting it is.

let me know how you get on with that combo. Its been about two weeks with my JP Join-In plus other bits and touch wood ive only had to take some iburprofen once this week. The discomfort im getting from my knees has really dropped off. 

once supplement i do rate is the AAKG. I seem to train better on it, at home, gives a better pump too. Fairly cheap as well off bulk suppliers. Im waiting on a 50% off BBW own brand code and will grab another bag of them. Missus even uses them on her training days now.

1 hour ago, Clubber Lang said:

looks perfect bud.

if you havent tried the lemon tasting Nordic oil you'll be surprised how nice tasting it is.

let me know how you get on with that combo. Its been about two weeks with my JP Join-In plus other bits and touch wood ive only had to take some iburprofen once this week. The discomfort im getting from my knees has really dropped off. 

once supplement i do rate is the AAKG. I seem to train better on it, at home, gives a better pump too. Fairly cheap as well off bulk suppliers. Im waiting on a 50% off BBW own brand code and will grab another bag of them. Missus even uses them on her training days now.

I’ve used AAKG in the past and like it although I’d never considered it for joint purposes - will have a read into that too :thumbup1:

51 minutes ago, Ironman TS said:

I’ve used AAKG in the past and like it although I’d never considered it for joint purposes - will have a read into that too :thumbup1:

AAKG  is great for collagen synthesis, as well as training performance. 

On 5/16/2020 at 8:50 PM, Ironman TS said:

Still yet to find anything truly effective for tendinitis.

Going to give the Strom Joint Max a go I think.

don't waste your money. glucosamine has been proven to do absolutely nothing.

On 23/05/2020 at 7:25 PM, Ironman TS said:

Decided to go with...

Ive just finished my first tub of JP's Join-In with some AAKG on the side.

1st week didnt notice anything, which was expected as nothing works that quick.

2nd week i started to notice less discomfort

3rd week, brilliant. My tendon just below my knee cap thats being causing me so much trouble, massive reduction in pain. Can press into it without any discomfort.

4th week, same as above. Compared to before using these products the difference, for me at least, is nothing short of amazing. Really chuffed with it. Even got the missus on it now.

1 hour ago, Clubber Lang said:

Ive just finished my first tub of JP's Join-In with some AAKG on the side.

1st week didnt notice anything, which was expected as nothing works that quick.

2nd week i started to notice less discomfort

3rd week, brilliant. My tendon just below my knee cap thats being causing me so much trouble, massive reduction in pain. Can press into it without any discomfort.

4th week, same as above. Compared to before using these products the difference, for me at least, is nothing short of amazing. Really chuffed with it. Even got the missus on it now.

I’m midway through the Strom/Boswellia/Nordic oils regime and noticing improvements in inflammation.

I’ve already got a tub of the Join In to try next along with some Supplement Needs Curcumin.  Will see how that goes and look to add the AAKG at some stage too cheers mate.

Light swimming

Physio

Lifting lighter, deloads

Compression supports

Those are the only real treatments that i've found effective for joint pain, i've never felt better from just taking a basic tablet.

22 hours ago, Ironman TS said:

By the way...  how good are the Nordic Oils eh?  Lovely product, tastes amazing too.  Really pleased with it.

yeah i was very surprised at the Nordic OIl taste. Did you get the hint of lemon one? I was expecting to gag but its actually quite tasty.

AAKG i just use a bulk supplier, BBW. You get 30% off from BBW on their own brands, or if you catch it right on pay weekend they usually always do a 50% off.  I stock up then. 

AAKG is pretty good for training too. Increased pump an performance.

On 23/05/2020 at 7:25 PM, Ironman TS said:

Decided to go with...

Solgar curcumin capsules are working well for me mate I honestly thought curcumin was a fad! But after 60 days of using it I definitely feel any type of inflammation I had before has diminished!

11 hours ago, KETONES said:

Solgar curcumin capsules are working well for me mate I honestly thought curcumin was a fad! But after 60 days of using it I definitely feel any type of inflammation I had before has diminished!

yeah you have to give it time. Im very happy with how my knees are at the moment compared to the past. But, lets see how they are after doing some proper leg sessions now the gyms are open. Im hoping they'll be fine. Should be with the amount of stuff im taking for joints lol

3 minutes ago, Clubber Lang said:

yeah you have to give it time. Im very happy with how my knees are at the moment compared to the past. But, lets see how they are after doing some proper leg sessions now the gyms are open. Im hoping they'll be fine. Should be with the amount of stuff im taking for joints lol

Big lifts are a concerning factor mate especially when you’re an old fart like me! Lol

I tend to do more time under tension stuff now as squatting heavy results in my hips hand knees flaring up!