Sign in to follow this  
Lovelyjubly

Brexit views still the same?

As an ardent re-moaner I was concerned about the hit leaving the euro zone would have on the U.K. economy. I cannot even remember what the general worst case scenario was but it was maybe about a 7% contraction. 

U.K. economy has just shrunk 35% in 3 weeks and it isn’t just going to bounce back.

Brexit is the least of our worries now.

57 minutes ago, spod said:

I’ve never agreed with you as you are aware spod but you along with selected others are amongst the few who have ever put valid arguments for leaving forward iirc.

I sincerely hope you are right 

30 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

As an ardent re-moaner I was concerned about the hit leaving the euro zone would have on the U.K. economy. I cannot even remember what the general worst case scenario was but it was maybe about a 7% contraction. 

U.K. economy has just shrunk 35% in 3 weeks and it isn’t just going to bounce back.

It's the same everywhere though.

Not like the UK is in that situation alone.

29 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

Aren’t the rest of the EU economies shrinking too? Imagine us trying to prop up Italy and Spain as well as a shrunken economy. :jaw:

4 minutes ago, simonboyle said:

3 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

Aren’t the rest of the EU economies shrinking too?

True. That wasn’t my point though. My point was brexit wrong or right is the least of our problems. 

survive? yes, yes we can.
thrive? no, not for a long time. Even withouth the virus our economy would take a massive hit.

21 hours ago, simonboyle said:

Not like the UK is in that situation alone.

That’s what I’m thinking it evens out it doesn’t  mean we are going to be a poor economy in comparison. I think America will have a harder hit than us 

On 17/04/2020 at 7:43 PM, Jackoffblades said:

That’s what I’m thinking it evens out it doesn’t  mean we are going to be a poor economy in comparison. I think America will have a harder hit than us 

Guessing is a bit pointless. We've never had this situation before. Not this way, not in this market, not in the way the world is now (international trade the way it it, technology etc)

Need to see.

On 16/04/2020 at 9:33 PM, Sasnak said:

I’ve never agreed with you as you are aware spod but you along with selected others are amongst the few who have ever put valid arguments for leaving forward iirc.

I sincerely hope you are right 

Well that horse has bolted already, estimated cost of brexit to the UK economy even before covid 19 was £130bn, which is more than half of the UK’s net contribution to the EU between 1973 and 2018, so another thick leavers' argument falls flat

On 4/16/2020 at 8:31 PM, Lovelyjubly said:

Where would we get masks from ?

I have lost count of the amount of business owners who have rang LBC saying they can get tones of PPE, have offered it to the Government, but have been ignroed.

Don't believe everything the mainstream media feed you

49 minutes ago, USERNAME said:

I have lost count of the amount of business owners who have rang LBC saying they can get tones of PPE, have offered it to the Government, but have been ignroed.

Don't believe everything the mainstream media feed you

Okay there Captain Spock! 

Don't trust reputable news websites, instead trust a random guy off the internet. 

With that in mind, the UK economy will soar to new heights following the covid virus, and the cost of Brexit, as Britain finds a $1000 trillion oil field buried beneath the centre of Bradford. You heard it here first folks. Bradford is the new Abu Dhabi. 

Did Trump not tell the UK to basically sod off a while back....hmm. Yup. Stil a remainer here.

I doubt the conservatives will ever be forgiven nor forgotten for the hit the economy is going to take by both Brexit and COVID.

Also voting Labour was apperantly the right choice, a properly funded NHS would have been good to have right about now.

So let's get this right.... 2 schools of thought...

1) conservatives have underfunded the NHS so badly over the last 10 odd years.lt  has made the situation worse and made us one of the worse countries in the world in terms of mortality rates from Covid 

2) there is enough PPEs in the UK according to the random guy on the internet and the link posted above. But the Conservatives are refusing to take them anf rather the NHS  staff re-use PPEs  and endanger their lives.

Either way the Conservatives will not and should  not be forgiven 

On 20/04/2020 at 6:35 PM, Malin said:

Well that horse has bolted already, estimated cost of brexit to the UK economy even before covid 19 was £130bn, which is more than half of the UK’s net contribution to the EU between 1973 and 2018, so another thick leavers' argument falls flat

Still people like you name calling because people gave different opinions. 

Go live in a dictatorship 

23 minutes ago, simonboyle said:

Still people like you name calling because people gave different opinions. 

Go live in a dictatorship 

lol, people thinking their opinions are worth as much as the educated, researched and clinically tested conclusions of people smarter than them is an absolute cancer of our time.

"It's just a matter of opinion" - no it isn't. Facts and opinions aren't the same thing.

19 hours ago, alphafit said:

Did Trump not tell the UK to basically sod off a while back....hmm. Yup. Stil a remainer here.

I doubt the conservatives will ever be forgiven nor forgotten for the hit the economy is going to take by both Brexit and COVID.

Also voting Labour was apperantly the right choice, a properly funded NHS would have been good to have right about now.

No Labour just give everyone massive pay increases and waste money. That doesn't make the NHS any more prepared than it already was.

They'd also have spent an extra 1/2 trillion before covid 19 can you imagine how much debt we'd be in by now?