boutye911

Thor 501kg deadlift

I'm totally going to watch it but it's a gym lift not a worlds strong man competition lift. That's not to say it won't be cool to watch. 

i think you will find that its Rogue pushing things along thus keeping them and the sport in the headlines.

the record was due to be attempted in a competition which was cancelled due to current circumstances.

Thor pulled a 480, comfortably, in the build up to the Arnolds this year & last week did a set of 3 at 470.  Last year he bled from his forehead attempting 501 so its not a foregone conclusion he will do it. 

Eddie Hall is all about keeping his brand in the public eye! other than that he is a self obsessed ego maniac!

Pretty similar to the vast majority of those at the forefront of their sports or pushing to remain relevant post sporting career.  The confusing thing is that anyone is surprised.

3 minutes ago, JohnnySack said:

How does that s**t they sniff help ? Always wondered...

They're smelling salts. It's basically ammonia that stimulates a fight or flight response and triggers an adrenaline release. I've used them before. Once you get used to the sensation and response, they're pretty effective for energy, aggression and concentration. 

8 hours ago, unclezillion said:

i think you will find that its Rogue pushing things along thus keeping them and the sport in the headlines.

the record was due to be attempted in a competition which was cancelled due to current circumstances.

Thor pulled a 480, comfortably, in the build up to the Arnolds this year & last week did a set of 3 at 470.  Last year he bled from his forehead attempting 501 so its not a foregone conclusion he will do it. 

Eddie Hall is all about keeping his brand in the public eye! other than that he is a self obsessed ego maniac!

Pretty similar to the vast majority of those at the forefront of their sports or pushing to remain relevant post sporting career.  The confusing thing is that anyone is surprised.

I thought he did 440 x 3 and 470 x 1, but I could be wrong. Don't think anyone has pulled 470 x 3 have they?! 

Rogue and Ultimate Strongman are definitely pushing this along. The attempt is going live on ESPN too. Great days for strongman as a sport.

Completely agree about Eddie from everything I've read and been told. I've never met him, but know a few who have and their recollections are all very similar when he's not at public events.

st

On 4/23/2020 at 2:56 PM, invisiblekid said:

I thought he did 440 x 3 and 470 x 1, but I could be wrong. Don't think anyone has pulled 470 x 3 have they?! 

Rogue and Ultimate Strongman are definitely pushing this along. The attempt is going live on ESPN too. Great days for strongman as a sport.

Completely agree about Eddie from everything I've read and been told. I've never met him, but know a few who have and their recollections are all very similar when he's not at public events.

you may well be right can't be arsed to watch it again :) 

On 24/04/2020 at 12:47 PM, JohnnySack said:

THE GLOVES ARE OFF !!!

Check out 1:04, comparison side by side of Eddie pulling 465 and Thor pulling 470.

Thor has to put a lot more work in than Eddie to get that lift.

Eddie had to nearly kill himself to pull 500, I cannot see Thor pulling this in his own gym, never mind a proper comp. Maybe sometime in the future perhaps.