Sign in to follow this  
alhrona

Pec Muscle Injury Help

Hi everyone, 

After a week holiday with no gym in the first week of January, when I got back to the gym I came across an injury I from Bench pressing.  The injury appeared to be in left shoulder area and I experienced sharp pain when doing any movement or sleeping on it for the first 2 days after. After that it was all fine so I again started to train after a week off but them when I did any kind of push movement it would give sharp pain in the left shoulder. I did lots of dips (surprisingly it didn't hurt) instead of push exercises such as bench and push ups.

Everything was going well so I started to do bodyweight push ups and pushed myself too much which I feel hurt it again. So I let it rest for like 3 weeks

So it was now 2 months since the injury and I decided to go to a physio, she looked at the injury and massaged it to identify it was in fact a pec muscle injury and said it is nothing serious and I should continue training but with little resistance and build it up.

It's been nearly a month since the appointment and nothing has changed, I can do dips and low reps of push ups but when I train pushups properly I get the sharp pain again and it hurts slightly the next day with movement but then goes away the day after. 

Sorry for the long story, has anyone else experience thisor should I visit the physio again? 

Any help would be very appreciated, Thanks. 

Just train around and rest it. Ime these injuries can feel like they’ll never resolve and then one day you wake up and they are gone. I’m currently just about over a shoulder injury I picked up last October playing Rugby. It didn’t really hurt when I actually sustained it. I certainly knew about it on the following day. By January I was about to book an appointment to see a doctor to go about seeing if I may have damaged something that won’t heal but I left it. Fast forward to now and it has more or less completely resolved. From your description it doesn’t sound too bad, it’s just going to take a while.

On 31/03/2020 at 11:24 PM, Sasnak said:

Just train around and rest it. Ime these injuries can feel like they’ll never resolve and then one day you wake up and they are gone. I’m currently just about over a shoulder injury I picked up last October playing Rugby. It didn’t really hurt when I actually sustained it. I certainly knew about it on the following day. By January I was about to book an appointment to see a doctor to go about seeing if I may have damaged something that won’t heal but I left it. Fast forward to now and it has more or less completely resolved. From your description it doesn’t sound too bad, it’s just going to take a while.

Thanks for the response, Did you still train the shoulders/play rugby with the injury or did you stop all heavy movements? Its just I feel when I train I'm potentially making it worse and I don't want to take longer than it should just because I was training it.

44 minutes ago, alhrona said:

Thanks for the response, Did you still train the shoulders/play rugby with the injury or did you stop all heavy movements? Its just I feel when I train I'm potentially making it worse and I don't want to take longer than it should just because I was training it.

Yes, as per my first sentence. I stilled played rugby and trained. Tbh however, this lock down has seen me do f**k all for 16 days and counting. Currently every part of my body feels brand new. I’m not so sure my liver is holding up given how much booze I’ve sank but my joints feel golde:)

55 minutes ago, alhrona said:

Its just I feel when I train I'm potentially making it worse

If it hurts stop. There’s plenty of movements that won’t put too much pressure on it. Spend the time frying your legs. Whatever you do, don’t train on painkillers.