Kazza61

What are we watching?

So, many of us have got a bit more time on our hands just now and it’s a chance to get a bit of telly in. Anyone got any out of the ordinary recommendations?

Freesports (channel 64 on Freeview) has been showing the 2019 Strongman Champions League World Series (a new one every Saturday repeated through the week)

The UKTV streaming app has some Ultimate Strongman competitions from 2016

The All5 streaming app has both Giants Live and Strongman Champions League shows from previous years (lots of them). 

Amazon Prime has a few bodybuilding documentaries 

And my non-muscle recommendation is Jett on Sky boxsets - crime, violence, sex and great story to keep you hooked. It’s brilliant. 

1 minute ago, Kazza61 said:

So, many of us have got a bit more time on our hands just now and it’s a chance to get a bit of telly in. Anyone got any out of the ordinary recommendations?

Freesports (channel 64 on Freeview) has been showing the 2019 Strongman Champions League World Series (a new one every Saturday repeated through the week)

The UKTV streaming app has some Ultimate Strongman competitions from 2016

The All5 streaming app has both Giants Live and Strongman Champions League shows from previous years (lots of them). 

Amazon Prime has a few bodybuilding documentaries 

And my non-muscle recommendation is Jett on Sky boxsets - crime, violence, sex and great story to keep you hooked. It’s brilliant. 

I’ve been saving Homeland to catch up on. It’s the final season. Been a solid show throughout. Currently got 5 episodes to catch up on. 

Netflix are now showing Ozark season 3. Watched the other 2 seasons. Great show. 

I have a NOW tv box which means I can subscribe to a sky film Channels or Entertainment package pay as you go monthly. I usually stay off it for 8-9 months and then pay for the movies. They’ve usually added a load of new ones so block watch. Then unsubscribe. £8-£9 for 10-12 new movies. 

The entertainment package is well worth it. Loads of box sets. Defo get your moneys worth. If you can’t afford sky, the now tv box is VFM. Plus you get great tv to binge watch. 

BT sport rugby are showing classic cup games with up to date commentary by a player who played in the game they’re showing. Only started last weekend. They’re planning for more. Great if you like rugby. They’re also showing old MMA (UFC) matches. 

18 minutes ago, PSevens2017 said:

I’ve been saving Homeland to catch up on. It’s the final season. Been a solid show throughout. Currently got 5 episodes to catch up on. 

Totally agree on this - excellent throughout. I like to wait until I have the entire series before I start on it. 

Watched The Stranger on Netflix yesterday - thought it was great. Had a bit of a Dr Foster feel about it (also great if you haven't seen it). 

Mate recommended a series called Safe on Netflix so gonna give that a watch this evening. 

1 hour ago, PSevens2017 said:

Netflix are now showing Ozark season 3. Watched the other 2 seasons. Great show. 

I have a NOW tv box which means I can subscribe to a sky film Channels or Entertainment package pay as you go monthly. I usually stay off it for 8-9 months and then pay for the movies. They’ve usually added a load of new ones so block watch. Then unsubscribe. £8-£9 for 10-12 new movies. 

The entertainment package is well worth it. Loads of box sets. Defo get your moneys worth. If you can’t afford sky, the now tv box is VFM. Plus you get great tv to binge watch. 

BT sport rugby are showing classic cup games with up to date commentary by a player who played in the game they’re showing. Only started last weekend. They’re planning for more. Great if you like rugby. They’re also showing old MMA (UFC) matches. 

I thought homeland was good until matey boy from the first few seasons 'went'. I can't stand the blonde sort in it, her face reminds me of jigsaw from the saw films and her frantic mental state makes me anxious. Shame really because it's a good story line 

14 minutes ago, MrBrightside said:

Have you watched narcos mexico? Some of the Colombians appear in it from the original narcos. 

No it’s planned for tomorrow 

57 minutes ago, MrBrightside said:

Have you watched narcos mexico? Some of the Colombians appear in it from the original narcos. 

2nd season of Narcos Mexico came out not long ago. Can't wait to make a start on that.