Sign in to follow this  
BH17

Francis Diet / Scott Francis Honest Review

Im writing this review on 28th March 2020 on Scott Francis or Francis Diet as he is known on Instagram – the online coach, personal trainer, body transformation etc.

This is a genuine review. Please note this is my personal experience that I feel others should be made aware of, but for others this style of coaching may suit you.

I have gone quite consistently for the last 3-4 years. I have had a coach in the past, Josh McHale who was fantastic – the platform he uses for clients is brilliant, his plans are completely tailored and he listened to everything I said at every check in. I never wanted to have a six pack I just wanted to be slim and Josh created me a plan that was flexible and let me enjoy going out etc but helped me stay in shape. Unfortunately a coach like this comes with a price and although he was worth every penny I just couldn’t afford him so after a year I had to stop my coaching with Josh.

I carried on using his plans and diet plan for a long time after but then felt like I wanted to try something new. I couldn’t afford to go back to Josh’s coaching so through searching Instagram I came across Francis Diet. It was after Christmas and I felt horrendous in myself and his amazing transformations gripped me so I messaged him to query prices.

His prices were much more reasonable than Josh’s and even had ‘50% off’ offer – obviously I wasn’t expecting the level of coaching I got from Josh as 8 weeks with Scott was the same as 1 month with Josh but of course, you get what you pay for. However I was assured all plans were tailored to you and judging from Scotts Instagram page he must be doing something right.

I signed up for 8 weeks, paid £110 and promptly sent my money. I was sent back a questionnaire (via whatsapp) which I completed. It stated my plan would be with me in 4-5 days. This is where the first problem occurred – I sent my questionnaire back on 6th Feb including my payment screenshot however I received my plan on the 17th Feb – over 10 days later.

I messaged Scott on the 14th Feb in the morning to say ‘sorry to bother you, I was wondering when it would be ready’ and he text back straight away to say ‘yes ready now what’s the best email’ – I sent back my email… nothing. I waited as I know he is very busy and lots of clients but still nothing. The next day, 15th Feb I text again and said I hadn’t had anything through and wanted to check if it had sent ok – this text was read and ignored. Then on the 17th Feb I text and said I’m concerned as I have sent my money and had no reply or plan; finally he responded to say it was ready. There was no apology, no explanation as to why this took so long or why he didn’t follow his own ‘rules’ of 4-5 days that he preaches so much about. If I had been notified he was busy I would have happily waited but to be told yes its ready and then be ignored I found incredibly rude. Any way… my plan came through.

Firstly I knew instantly this was not personalised at all however he says the first few weeks are to see how you respond. Essentially you have to work out 7 days a week; circuit training and cardio. Don’t get me wrong, the workouts were good, they were challenging and I was always worn out and tired but 7 days a week? I had fantastic results with Josh and worked out 4 days a week and for the half the time as Scott’s workouts would take AND with half the cardio. 

Food-wise the diet was good; but it is the same meals every day. Again, on my other plans I had different food for different days and this stopped boredom and the risk of coming off plan. 

At week 2 my plan changed, I asked for different food and was sent a new food plan, again clearly not tailored. The workouts then became more intense – on my new plan I was asked to do 45 mins cardio every morning and an ab circuit every morning. Evenings would be weight / circuit training.

Now I wish I had the time to dedicate my mornings and evenings to the gym and working out. Don’t get me wrong I dedicate my mornings, I happily get up at 5am and go to the gym, I understand these things take dedication and time and effort but twice a day, 7 days a week is far too much. I also wish my body could physically cope with this level of workouts. Doing an ab circuit every single day is ridiculous. I even text at one point to say my body was in bits, my muscles were so sore to the point my abs would be spasming when I was sat down doing nothing but I was told to push through the pain.

I hate HATE when coaches and trainers say ‘all it takes is 1 hour a day’ – it does not. Unless you live in a gym it takes much longer, you prep your gym bag, your work clothes, you drive to the gym, you drive home etc all the little tasks it takes to get you to the gym take time and yes if I wanted to have minimal to zero social life then Scott’s plans would be perfect but I wanted a sustainable and enjoyable plan; I was prepared to have a longer ‘journey’ and keep paying for coaching or keep buying 8 week plans if it meant I had a balance. I wasn’t bothered about a quick fix so hammering my body and cardio wasn’t enjoyable for me. 

Anyway, we are now at check in number 4 and I did my best on my plans and saw a good difference in body. 

So, I did my check in first thing this morning. I noted my weight etc and I had gained 2 pounds but I had lost 2 inches off my stomach and 1 off my waist. I also stated I had had a ‘cheat meal’ that week which was a home made chicken curry. Now - as we are currently in the Coronavirus pandemic all the gyms are closed so my workouts were home workouts only and it was time of the month for me also so the fact I had gained 2 pounds didn’t really bother me. I was really pleased with my waist and stomach measurements too but the reply I got back from Scott was this; ‘Ok due to the cheat meal we will have to cease the plan as it says in the funds email no off plan eating as it invalidates my work, ruins my plans and is the opposite to the goal. You will receive a refund for the weeks due first thing Monday. Your start date was 15th Feb 6 weeks gone. Please include bank details below’.

As you can imagine I was extremely shocked. I replied back asking if he was being serious because how can he promote himself as being such a supportive man who is there for all his clients, listens etc when he drops people due to one chicken curry – which may I add I weighed out each element to ensure I didn’t go overboard. I said to him its not as if I had a KFC family bucket but he was adamant that ‘it is not allowed at all, its in the rules, I don’t remotely coach anyone who goes off plan’.

The conversation between myself and Scott proceeded to become quite heated as I was honestly beyond baffled. With previous plans I would note any off plan meals and we would adjust the new week to accommodate these. I was happy with this, yes I wont become shredded to an inch of my life but I do not care, I had a balance and I maintained a figure I was happy with but with Scott.. well, one meal that had possibly 100 calories more than planned and I was dropped.

To avoid the argument going on and on I quickly corrected him of my correct start date due to him taking so long to send my plan and explained I would be writing an online review and would wait for my refund. I will be surprised if I get my refund but I will be alerting my bank to claw the money back.

My conversation ended with Scott when I said I might just post his ‘personalised plans’ online for others to see to which he replied to say this was blackmail and he would take legal proceedings against me (this still makes me laugh whilst I write it).

I have summarised below but what this experience has taught me is you get what you pay for, as is with everything in life. If you pay for a cheap coach you get a ridiculously hard plan that you can do but lets be honest is not practical for the average joe. You do not get anything personalised that works for you and your life. One these plans you work yourself to the bone, 7 days a week two or three times a day and yes you see results, who wouldn’t working out that much but for most people this is not practical. 

In summary some take away points for anyone considering Scott Francis and also for Scott if your reading this…

1.     The plans are not tailored in any way shape or form. I saw him re-post Instagram stories of people eating the same food I was eating, doing the same workouts I was doing. For example, one of my cardio workouts included 10 mins rower, 19 mins treadmill, 20 mins stepper, 20 mins bike – very specific times and I saw several other clients posting this exact session on their story.

2.     Scott gets amazing results yes, you cannot take that away from him but that’s because you are expected to workout twice or three times a day, zero meals off plan (not even a homemade, portion controlled, chicken curry god dam it), and commit everything to his plans. For your average young person who just wants to lose a little weight and enjoy life most cannot physically do his plans. I don’t care what anyone says working out every day for 7 days is hard and I have been going to the gym for 4 years now, I cant even imagine how hard these plans would be for a total beginner.

3.     Unless your Instagram worthy he will not bother with you – don’t expect the supportive texts he posts on his story; when I said I was struggling I got a very short text back saying push through. He is very selective in who he chooses to actually bother with and if you are not a dramatic enough transformation your useless. Don’t expect to be listened to – I wrote in depth check ins and he didn’t even read half of the information in them. He just sends you the next copy and pasted work out plan.

4.     Scott, as I stated in my questionnaire I am a lawyer so firstly I would like you to know that your ‘welcome emails’ are not legally binding contracts as you like to state they are. If they were drafter by lawyer you should get a full refund because not only are they illiterate and so terribly written there is nothing within your contract that can even be considered legally binding in any way shape or form.

5.     Now, as you accused me of blackmail I just wanted to clarify what that means – ‘the action, treated as a criminal offence, of demanding payment or another benefit from someone in return for not revealing compromising or damaging information about them.’ – I hope you can now understand that nowhere in my text messages did I once demand any form of benefit from you once you cancelled my plan, I stated ‘I might’ release your plans online, I did not ask for anything in return. You have provided no copyright agreement for me to sign or acknowledge, therefor as I have paid for this service I own the information I have received and I am free to do what I wish with this information. If you want to pretend you have any legal background at least get your basics right. 

We will see if I get my refund but in essence I hope this helps someone who is considering Scott Francis for a diet plan. As I have said, he gets some fantastic results and the pictures speak for themselves but when you see what you have to do to get those results consider if you can commit in the way you are expected to or if you would prefer a coach who actually listens, provides tailored plans like they say they do and provides you with some gym/life balance and freedom. 

I have evidence of all of the above if anyone would like to see just drop me a message and I will happily provide you with it. Also, Scott if you need someone to write you a legally binding contractual document or copyright agreement then let me know, my prices are reasonable :) 

I have allowed this comment to be posted by approving it, I have done this because everything this member says in this email is 100% correct........No one in their right mind would ever consider working with Scott.

I also agree with what the member has said about Josh Mchale who is a great coach.....

14 minutes ago, jake87 said:

I can't believe he is still around and earning money from personal training 

he is and has not changed how he does things since he was caught copying diets and training from BB.com

thanks for approving - just needed to get something online any way i can to show how he works. He isnt on Facebook for me to review so felt this would be a good platform! I hope it helps people make a more informed decision!!! 

28 minutes ago, Pscarb said:

he is and has not changed how he does things since he was caught copying diets and training from BB.com

Doesn’t he own Tiny Toms gym anymore? And the Range Rover? 
And the.....

TBF I've heard quite a few bad reports about this guy.

But basically what you're saying is he terminated your training program early but has agreed to refund the weeks you have not yet done.(?)

I have no idea what diet/training program he had you doing but perhaps he is confident that its impossible for someone at your stage strictly following his plan to gain 2lb in a week. 

TBH it would be easier for any coach to just keep taking your money even if they think you're cheating the plan. 

And  if you found everything so bad about his methods, surely it's better for you too, to get a refund and find a coach you're better suited to. Providing the refund does materialise.

As I said, I have heard bad reports of this guy but this sounds a bit like sour grapes. 

You've only decided to publicly criticise him after he's told you he doesn't want your business any more.

And I would take what other so called "coaches"say about this with a pinch of salt.

As obviously there is a bit of incentive for them to help disparage the competition.

Hard to believe anyone is fool enough to pay this idiot any money at all despite the long, vocal list of dissatisfied 'customers' he has fcuked over. :confused1:

1 hour ago, BLUE(UK) said:

Doesn’t he own Tiny Toms gym anymore? And the Range Rover? 
And the.....

HA HA yea and the big penthouse apartment in bristol lol

1 hour ago, MickeyE said:

But basically what you're saying is he terminated your training program early but has agreed to refund the weeks you have not yet done.(?)

I have no idea what diet/training program he had you doing but perhaps he is confident that its impossible for someone at your stage strictly following his plan to gain 2lb in a week. 

TBH it would be easier for any coach to just keep taking your money even if they think you're cheating the plan. 

And  if you found everything so bad about his methods, surely it's better for you too, to get a refund and find a coach you're better suited to. Providing the refund does materialise.

As I said, I have heard bad reports of this guy but this sounds a bit like sour grapes. 

You've only decided to publicly criticise him after he's told you he doesn't want your business any more.

And I would take what other so called "coaches"say about this with a pinch of salt.

As obviously there is a bit of incentive for them to help disparage the competition.

Well, I guess I come into the "so-called coaches" group you speak of.......i have seen hundreds of client reviews like this even worse from females......

Completely see your point, i wouldn't say its sour grapes as i have said he does get some great results etc you cant take that away from him however my review was purely to highlight that he does not tailor plans like he says and also for the fact that he promotes himself as this coach who is supportive, will help any body etc be he isn't, he only helps the people who boost his Instagram following and have worthwhile photos to post. I wouldn't say i am criticizing him so much as im writing about my personal experience, if that had a been a positive experience i would have wrote still an honest review but of course it would have been different. 

Was you on this forum when he regularly posted on here? 
Funniest time was when he went on some CH4 programme as someone who wanted to lose muscle and be ‘normal’. He was still taking lots of AAS at the time amongst whatever else, it was well documented. 
Then there were many other forum users who had had dealings with him over his diet plans. 

This is without mentioning the write up someone else did. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/samrobertsrugby.com/2016/04/17/the-unbelievable-world-of-scott-francis/amp/

Just now, BLUE(UK) said:

Was you on this forum when he regularly posted on here? 
Funniest time was when he went on some CH4 programme as someone who wanted to lose muscle and be ‘normal’. He was still taking lots of AAS at the time amongst whatever else, it was well documented. 
Then there were many other forum users who had had dealings with him over his diet plans. 

This is without mentioning the write up someone else did. 

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/samrobertsrugby.com/2016/04/17/the-unbelievable-world-of-scott-francis/amp/

Yeh I watched that program on channel 4.  I've seen a fair bit about him in the past and I think the dude does have a lot of knowledge, but he did come across as being unreliable and a bit of a chancer. 

But It does actually seem quite a principled thing to do to say to a client I'm  not taking your money anymore as I don't think you're sticking to the program. More unscrupulous to keep taking the money and let the client fk around. 

Yeh maybe the dude is still the same as he was. But I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and people do change(not saying he has). But the OP did say that a lot of his clients are getting great results.

Who knows. Just going on how this specific case sounds to me. Whether or not he actually refunds the money obviously makes a big difference. 

9 minutes ago, jake87 said:

He's still hanging off the coat tails of that TV program he was on a few years ago. 

Most folk ain’t got a clue unfortunately 

16 minutes ago, Pscarb said:

Well, I guess I come into the "so-called coaches" group you speak of.......i have seen hundreds of client reviews like this even worse from females...…

Dunno mate. Are you a so called coach? 

1 minute ago, MickeyE said:

Yeh I watched that program on channel 4.  I've seen a fair bit about him in the past and I think the dude does have a lot of knowledge, but he did come across as being unreliable and a bit of a chancer. 

But It does actually seem quite a principled thing to do to say to a client I'm  not taking your money anymore as I don't think you're sticking to the program. More unscrupulous to keep taking the money and let the client fk around. 

Yeh maybe the dude is still the same as he was. But I like to give people the benefit of the doubt and people do change(not saying he has). But the OP did say that a lot of his clients are getting great results.

Who knows. Just going on how this specific case sounds to me. Whether or not he actually refunds the money obviously makes a big difference. 

I agree besides giving chancers benefit of doubt. 
Genetics and stupidity will get you further in this game than knowledge unfortunately. Just look at those who keep searching for easier ways or simply have poor genetics, they ain’t gonna rise to the top nor anywhere near. Yet someone with decent genetics and willing to do whatever it takes regardless of consequences will go far, they may not last long but they’ll do well. 

3 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

I agree besides giving chancers benefit of doubt. 
Genetics and stupidity will get you further in this game than knowledge unfortunately. Just look at those who keep searching for easier ways or simply have poor genetics, they ain’t gonna rise to the top nor anywhere near. Yet someone with decent genetics and willing to do whatever it takes regardless of consequences will go far, they may not last long but they’ll do well. 

TBH it always baffles me why people "need" coaches to get in shape when there is such an abundance of training/nutrition information available for free on the internet on forums like this.

Fair enough for prepping for shows etc. But if the goal is just to gain muscle/stay in shape and they can't work it from the internet and need a coach, the chances are that those people lack the self discipline, initiative and determination that's needed to consistently stay in shape anyway.

2 minutes ago, MickeyE said:

TBH it always baffles me why people "need" coaches to get in shape when there is such an abundance of training/nutrition information available for free on the internet on forums like this.

Fair enough for prepping for shows etc. But if the goal is just to gain muscle/stay in shape and they can't work it from the internet and need a coach, the chances are that those people lack the self discipline, initiative and determination that's needed to consistently stay in shape anyway.

I’ve seen many train since before I started and I’ve been at it for almost 30yrs(Fcuk knows where the time goes!!) and believe me, they barely change since they started. Their genetics just ain’t the best. Perhaps they also don’t wish to do any high end cycles just to look like they go to the gym. So maybe these folk try out a coach to see if they’re doing something wrong. Some folk are successful in other areas of their lives and want the quickest and most efficient way to the end result. To them, time(research) is money so easier to pay to take out the guesswork. 
That said, I’ve never used a coach, heck, I barely diet although I have done twice and the results came in quick but I felt like shite so I just eat what I want and be happy. I enjoy the training aspect by far. 

32 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

I’ve seen many train since before I started and I’ve been at it for almost 30yrs(Fcuk knows where the time goes!!) and believe me, they barely change since they started. Their genetics just ain’t the best. Perhaps they also don’t wish to do any high end cycles just to look like they go to the gym. So maybe these folk try out a coach to see if they’re doing something wrong. Some folk are successful in other areas of their lives and want the quickest and most efficient way to the end result. To them, time(research) is money so easier to pay to take out the guesswork. 
That said, I’ve never used a coach, heck, I barely diet although I have done twice and the results came in quick but I felt like shite so I just eat what I want and be happy. I enjoy the training aspect by far. 

Yeh I'm not knocking anyone for using a coach and I understand the reasons (as you point out) why some people do. But IME the people I've ssen do best with this(long term) thing are those that are prepared to put the time in and figure things out for themselves. That way you really understand what and why you're doing things. 

Getting a coach because you don't have time to do the research to me translates to "I don't want it enough". If you're determined enough and you want it enough, you'll find/make the time to do it. Not suggesting that those people lack initiative, determination or self discipline in other areas of their life. But with this training lark if you lack determination/effort with it you'll never succeed long term. 

None of this is rocket science. You only have 5 muscle groups (arms, legs, shoulders, chest, back) . You want to lose fat, eat less. Do cardio. You want to lose fat at a faster rate eat even less/do more cardio. You want to gain muscle, eat more, lift up and put down heavy stuff. 

OK I know that's greatly over simplifying it. But that is basically what it boils down. And more than enough information RE training/diet is probably available on this forum alone to get you into any shape your genetics will allow. You want to take it to the next level and are prepared to take the health risks, all the info on what to take/what doses etc is all here too. 

Nice to see the bell end is still at it. There have been a few threads over the years that are exactly the same as this.  Shame karma hasn't caught up with him yet.

20 minutes ago, MickeyE said:

Yeh I'm not knocking anyone for using a coach and I understand the reasons (as you point out) why some people do. But IME the people I've ssen do best with this(long term) thing are those that are prepared to put the time in and figure things out for themselves. That way you really understand what and why you're doing things. 

Getting a coach because you don't have time to do the research to me translates to "I don't want it enough". If you're determined enough and you want it enough, you'll find/make the time to do it. Not suggesting that those people lack initiative, determination or self discipline in other areas of their life. But with this training lark if you lack determination/effort with it you'll never succeed long term. 

None of this is rocket science. You only have 5 muscle groups (arms, legs, shoulders, chest, back) . You want to lose fat, eat less. Do cardio. You want to lose fat at a faster rate eat even less/do more cardio. You want to gain muscle, eat more, lift up and put down heavy stuff. 

OK I know that's greatly over simplifying it. But that is basically what it boils down. And more than enough information RE training/diet is probably available on this forum alone to get you into any shape your genetics will allow. You want to take it to the next level and are prepared to take the health risks, all the info on what to take/what doses etc is all here too. 

Yeah pretty much sums it up but if you read any of this forum you’ll find a lot just play computer games, want to look like their selected character but reluctantly go to the gym to do the minimum but will jab as much as it takes to look like a pro. 
Granted there are some who know they need to put the work in but these are likely to have been good at other sports anyway.