Sign in to follow this  
hmgs

Is this wages 'thing' really fair?

Why 80% of wages upto £2500/month... Give 'em all 40hrs @ minimum wage & they'll have to cut their cloth accordingly; 'cos, I dare say, it'll be the low paid that will feel the economic fallout in the long run.

2 minutes ago, hmgs said:

Why 80% of wages upto £2500/month... Give 'em all 40hrs @ minimum wage & they'll have to cut their cloth accordingly; 'cos, I dare say, it'll be the low paid that will feel the economic fallout in the long run.

It's the self employed who'll suffer the most, but not the honest ones; those who've been declaring a lot less than they should will be getting 80% of that, so I bet they're not too happy B)

Why give them any cash. It's only going to get people in debt and hardship when they need to pay it back. Force banks to freeze mortgage payments for few months and rents, bills and so on, then dish out food vouchers if they need them.

Not like you need much money if you're locked in ur house. Might also be a good lesson for people to stop living month to month and put some cash away for harder times.

Wont happen tho as if people don't spend the gov don't receive any tax revenue.  Out of the grants they give out they will get a nice chunk of it straight back in tax on goods and then the whole amount back when the loan is repaid. 

Not as stupid as they look!!

14 minutes ago, hmgs said:

I think a lot of businesses that pay the low paid are suffering right not or worse closing, lots of pubs I know have closed already and it looks like Carlucios Chain is closing None of which is on the news.

You introduce more money and then all the money is worth less. The machine of finances needs every cog to work and at the moment several of them are missing. What do you do? If you need the bare minimum ie utilities and food - that costs money, we can't pay for it and the government are already in massive debt so the only thing is to make more money, give it to the general public so they can survive. Trouble is that money will either cause massive inflation or more likely, we will be paying it back for years either by taxation or vat hikes. 

1st December 2008 vat was dropped to 15% for 12 months.

jan 2010 to jan 2011 back up to 17.5% then ever since then 20% so we’re still paying for the 12 months we had a vat drop by 2.5% 

As a country we need to be more financially savvy, people whinging there struggling on 80 percent of there wage with massive houses and nice cars on the drive. 

Where's everyone's savings I understand people on low incomes living pay cheque to paycheques but iv seen people who earn 3.5k a month after taxes whinging there struggling 

I refuse to make this situation worse by claiming benefits that will ultimately have to be paid back by the taxpayer. 

I start my new career as a burglar tonight. And I won't need to pay for anything ever again. ;)

8 hours ago, Smilez said:

It's the self employed who'll suffer the most, but not the honest ones; those who've been declaring a lot less than they should will be getting 80% of that, so I bet they're not too happy B)

No it's the ones on zero hours contracts who will suffer the most 

3 hours ago, Dadbod2020 said:

No it's the ones on zero hours contracts who will suffer the most 

Yes my partner had to lay a couple of people off last week (as a manager not business owner) which was bloody awful for everyone involved.

3 minutes ago, Smilez said:

Yes my partner had to lay a couple of people off last week (as a manager not business owner) which was bloody awful for everyone involved.

I can imagine. Puts your partner in an awkward situation. Hopefully once things get back to normal those people layed off will get first dibs if there's any vacancies