Sign in to follow this  
james90

Coronavius Furlough leave?

I am still working as I work for a company who are classed as essential as we provide materials for companies such as Tesco and Sainsbury's. 

From today my company has put half of us on Furlough leave until May 1st at least and the other half are expected to stay working like normal. 

I am expected to stay working normal hours but kind of feel cheated that I am working full time now covering work of those who will be at home doing nothing yet still receiving 80% of their pay. 

Doesn't seem right to me, working my normal 40 hour weeks only to get 20% more then those not working at all for the next month or so. 

Anyone else in similar situation? Hopefully we can go into proper lockdown so all of us can go on this leave and stop risking ourselves and others of this virus. 

29 minutes ago, james90 said:

I am still working as I work for a company who are classed as essential as we provide materials for companies such as Tesco and Sainsbury's. 

From today my company has put half of us on Furlough leave until May 1st at least and the other half are expected to stay working like normal. 

I am expected to stay working normal hours but kind of feel cheated that I am working full time now covering work of those who will be at home doing nothing yet still receiving 80% of their pay. 

Doesn't seem right to me, working my normal 40 hour weeks only to get 20% more then those not working at all for the next month or so. 

Anyone else in similar situation? Hopefully we can go into proper lockdown so all of us can go on this leave and stop risking ourselves and others of this virus. 

If it makes any difference I can claim......£0, nothing, nappo, nada, zilch!

No JSA, no HB no nothing.

If I don’t get any work I don’t get paid.

18 minutes ago, LethweiUK said:

If it makes any difference I can claim......£0, nothing, nappo, nada, zilch!

No JSA, no HB no nothing.

If I don’t get any work I don’t get paid.

Why’s that bro?

1 hour ago, mrwright said:

Your better off than my wife

She still has to work but only gets 80% 

Well thats not right either, I thought you would only be getting 80% if you were still employed but couldn't work at the moment. Doesn't seem fair to continue to work normally and have your wage cut. 

We are all in different positions at the moment and it sucks for a lot of people, hopefully it doesn't last too long but not looking good after the last few days and the increase in deaths. 

7 hours ago, LethweiUK said:

Because I own a business and pay myself dividends.

Most will be in the same boat...it’s only a select few that can claim anything.

Can’t you put yourself on  furlough ?? 

Do you take at wage as well as dividends?? 

Sit at home one your own or with the misses for 12 weeks. Can't go out or do anything with your time, there's only so much wanking one person can do. Or carry on as normal going to work. I'd say after a few weeks, you'd want to be the ones working.

I'm guessing after this, they'll be a lot less self employed dodging taxes.

19 minutes ago, Will2309 said:

Can’t you put yourself on  furlough ?? 

Do you take at wage as well as dividends?? 

Yes I pay myself a monthly wage but my wife er I mean my husband is employed with a large firm and works full time from home so I still can’t claim anything all I can do is take out a loan which I’d never do as the apr% is extortionate.

9 hours ago, james90 said:

You don't want to sit at home. I was sent home, they thought it was going to be 12 weeks as they didn't understand the rules properly now it's 2 weeks so back next week. I'm glad about it. 

It's alright for a few days but seriously, week after week after week. At least if you are working you get to go somewhere. 

8 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

From what I’ve read it’s a minimum of 3 weeks. I don’t see why your employer can not rotate staff on Furlough leave. 

As far as isolation is concerned it would make more sense for the ones sent home to stay home and the ones working to keep working. 

I'd rather be one of the working group anyway. You get 25% more pay than the guys sat at home and you get to go somewhere other than the house each day. 

2 minutes ago, monkeybiker said:

As far as isolation is concerned it would make more sense for the ones sent home to stay home and the ones working to keep working.

Ahh, hadn’t thought of that. Same here. I’d sooner be at work even though my bosses attitude to us has been appalling since it started. At least the garden will look nice this summer 

3 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

Ahh, hadn’t thought of that. Same here. I’d sooner be at work even though my bosses attitude to us has been appalling since it started. At least the garden will look nice this summer 

That's the one good thing, at least the weather has been good so you can sit in the garden. 

2 hours ago, mrwright said:

Your better off than my wife

She still has to work but only gets 80% 

Exactly the situation I and anyone else who hasn’t been furloughed find ourselves in at our company.  80% salary and expected to cover those furloughed.

9 minutes ago, monkeybiker said:

That's the one good thing, at least the weather has been good so you can sit in the garden. 

Ha ha. Or maybe “could” sit in the garden. Opening the bathroom window is as near as I’ve got to going outside so far today and as soon as I felt the chill I shut it again :smoke:

Why are people who are still in work getting 80% of there wage? Surly if there's enough work for you, you should still be on full pay.

As for the OP, I'm guessing there will be lots of redundancies after this, guess which group of workers are going first?

2 hours ago, LethweiUK said:

Yes I pay myself a monthly wage but my wife er I mean my husband is employed with a large firm and works full time from home so I still can’t claim anything all I can do is take out a loan which I’d never do as the apr% is extortionate.

SO YOU'RE NOT GAY THEN YOU MADE A MISTAKE THERE YOU WALLY !!

56 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

Go on? I’d have a punt but I’ve guessed just about everything wrong about this virus

Was meaning the group sat at home would be made redundant, those asked to work, will be safe from redundancy but probably not the virus 

12 hours ago, LethweiUK said:

Because I own a business and pay myself dividends.

Most will be in the same boat...it’s only a select few that can claim anything.

Well you've had the benifits of working the tax system for years now your seeing the downside.