Sign in to follow this  
Shortbutstrong

Cv-19 when will it pass

13 minutes ago, LethweiUK said:

No it hasn’t? Lombardi just lost over 500 in the last 24 hours.

People are starting to just die at home in Lombardy now as there aren’t enough beds, so very possible the real deaths is actuslly higher

19 minutes ago, Lowkii said:

And maybe due to climate differences as well... We can only hope that with summer on the horizon it will slow the spread. Look at Africa, hardly any cases.

It’s very possible that climate could influence the spread of the virus and slow it down come summer time, to then see a winter resurgence however as this is a new virus we cannot say this with any degree of certainty.  I think the reason Africa has so few cases so far is so few people go travelling there bar a few places in North Africa and South Africa which both have a fair number of cases so far.    The outbreak is staggered in a sense whereby different countries are at different phases of the pandemic,  the situation we have here in the UK now could be the situation in Africa in 1-2 months time, likewise the UK seems to be very closely following the same pattern as Italy and Spain just about 14 days behind these countries

3 minutes ago, paxman85. said:

People are starting to just die at home in Lombardy now as there aren’t enough beds, so very possible the real deaths is actuslly higher

I think they have generated another 33000 beds here...we’re going to be overwhelmed in 3 weeks time.

4 minutes ago, paxman85. said:

Read that statement from New York governor today

3543C021-6DA2-4A5E-A669-348A2CA4A3F6.png

Yeah I was watching! And that’s just New York.

London does have a lower total population thankfully but it hasn’t exactly been managed very well over the last 20 years.

30 minutes ago, Lowkii said:

And maybe due to climate differences as well... We can only hope that with summer on the horizon it will slow the spread. Look at Africa, hardly any cases.

More than 3000 cases in Australia. I'm not sure climate makes a difference.

So what happens to all the high risk people who are isolating for 12 weeks? 

Assume the lock-down ends, and we resume business as normal, the virus will still be around. 

Sounds like a ticking tine bomb to me. 

39 minutes ago, ThatsLife said:

So what happens to all the high risk people who are isolating for 12 weeks? 

Assume the lock-down ends, and we resume business as normal, the virus will still be around. 

Sounds like a ticking tine bomb to me. 

0 chance this thing is going away in 12 weeks

3 minutes ago, paxman85. said:

0 chance this thing is going away in 12 weeks

That's what I mean, in 12 weeks time when they come out of isolation they'll all end up infected as the virus will still be here

2 minutes ago, ThatsLife said:

That's what I mean, in 12 weeks time when they come out of isolation they'll all end up infected as the virus will still be here

I don’t think this will happen and reckon 3 months sounds about right. It’s already spread exponentially throughout the population. The peak (hospital admissions and deaths) will happen within 6 weeks, then it’ll slide imo. 

2 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

I don’t think this will happen and reckon 3 months sounds about right. It’s already spread exponentially throughout the population. The peak (hospital admissions and deaths) will happen within 6 weeks, then it’ll slide imo. 

I hope you're right, but if everything goes back to normal in 3 months time, there's gonna be a hell of a lot of people who haven't had it, and with no controls over movement etc, surely it will just come back? 

8 minutes ago, ThatsLife said:

I hope you're right, but if everything goes back to normal in 3 months time, there's gonna be a hell of a lot of people who haven't had it, and with no controls over movement etc, surely it will just come back? 

Said earlier on the news it’ll be back next winter. Not very promising outlook is it. Fcuk having to lock down every year. Fear of parents/older relatives potentially dying before their time. 

4 minutes ago, PSevens2017 said:

Said earlier on the news it’ll be back next winter. Not very promising outlook is it. Fcuk having to lock down every year. Fear of parents/older relatives potentially dying before their time. 

Until there's a vaccine it seems to me there's only two options:

1. Continued lockdowns/restrictions every time there's a new outbreak. 

2. Let nature take its course, some will die but eventually we'll get heard immunity. 

16 minutes ago, ThatsLife said:

gonna be a hell of a lot of people who haven't had it

I think it has already run riot through the population. The experts suggest that 80% of those infected are completely asymptotic. We are closer to the end than we think. Just my opinion and I hope it’s right.

4 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

I think it has already run riot through the population. The experts suggest that 80% of those infected are completely asymptotic. We are closer to the end than we think. Just my opinion and I hope it’s right.

I hope your right too. I don't want to be in lockdowns for the summer, I've just started seeing a new gal....:lol:

32 minutes ago, ThatsLife said:

Until there's a vaccine it seems to me there's only two options:

1. Continued lockdowns/restrictions every time there's a new outbreak. 

2. Let nature take its course, some will die but eventually we'll get heard immunity. 

Option 2 is not really an option. People keep saying it's only a small amount that die but some need hospital treatment. If the hospitals fill up then they can't treat everybody and then a lot more die. The idea is to try and control it so everybody does not get sick at once. 

3 hours ago, jake87 said:

Many of the UK population still do not understand. Keep away from ANYONE that is not in your own household. Just yesterday I saw the neighbours son and daughter turn up in different cars and both go inside the house. Behaviour like this will result in proper Italy and China style lock down. I think the government are trying to do it yet give us enough freedom in order to carry out essential tasks, but people see that as a ticket to do what the f**k they like.

Morons

Coronavirus won't be on the menu when the economy crashes, and you can't pay with your patriot points gained from trying to be a model citizen. Many people will be jobless because of this. Can I pay my shopping by getting into a different car as my wife? Nope, sorry. Security! We are heading for an economic crash, and that's precisely the plan mate. The smaller picture is to get you hooked on a distraction while the disaster rolls on behind you. Divide and conquer the population, have people arguing, judging each other for what they do with their kids, how many people they share a car with, whether they share different cars, who they walk down the street with. Get people emotionally blackmailing each other over the conditions of social isolation to get people feeling guilty and forced to comply otherwise their entire family gets wiped out. Meanwhile, the people are effectively becoming the police for an orchestrated economic collapse. And it's happening all across the world.

Turn the people against themselves and you don't need to fight the war for yourself. It's a very typical psychological operation that works very effectively when taking over countries and 'liberating' them without hostile and deadly force. You can get populations to do the fighting for you, and then you can bring in new laws to 'protect' the population from themselves. Much like now. All these laws are to protect each other from each other. To create a divide and

This isn't conjecture either, these methods are used all the time. The economic collapse and the changeover of power, policy and wealth is the main ingredient in this. Watch as new economic reforms and rules come creeping in which hand over more money and power to the people at top while the ones at the bottom, or those who managed to get by and make a living running their own gyms, barbers, nail salons, indepedent shops etc take a tumble and go back down the food chain. All the economic collapses throughout history were planned and executed in order to shake society up and send it in a direction that benefits those that are in control of worldwide economies and the economic systems behind them.

I wish it was different. But even the news are talking about the economic collapse that is inevitable because of this virus. They couldn't have done without the narrative of the virus. Last time they had to bite their tongue and claim responsibility for much of the corruption and foul-play that went on behind the scenes causing the economic crash of 2008. The great depression is in the history books as being a very successful orchestrated collapse that affected MILLIONS of people. You can read a lot on the great depression and how it was fuelled by the powerful.

1 hour ago, Sasnak said:

I don’t think we’re close to the end fella.  We’ve only got 14k cases,  even if there were 20 times as many unreported cases as reported cases that would only be just over 250k, no where near enough for any kind of herd immunity

9 minutes ago, paxman85. said:

I don’t think we’re close to the end fella.  We’ve only got 14k cases,  even if there were 20 times as many unreported cases as reported cases that would only be just over 250k, no where near enough for any kind of herd immunity

Nobody really knows how many have had it. It could be millions but with very mild symptoms, could be higher, could be lower. Without testing we don't know. 

1 hour ago, daringhorse said:

Coronavirus won't be on the menu when the economy crashes, and you can't pay with your patriot points gained from trying to be a model citizen. Many people will be jobless because of this. Can I pay my shopping by getting into a different car as my wife? Nope, sorry. Security! We are heading for an economic crash, and that's precisely the plan mate. The smaller picture is to get you hooked on a distraction while the disaster rolls on behind you. Divide and conquer the population, have people arguing, judging each other for what they do with their kids, how many people they share a car with, whether they share different cars, who they walk down the street with. Get people emotionally blackmailing each other over the conditions of social isolation to get people feeling guilty and forced to comply otherwise their entire family gets wiped out. Meanwhile, the people are effectively becoming the police for an orchestrated economic collapse. And it's happening all across the world.

Turn the people against themselves and you don't need to fight the war for yourself. It's a very typical psychological operation that works very effectively when taking over countries and 'liberating' them without hostile and deadly force. You can get populations to do the fighting for you, and then you can bring in new laws to 'protect' the population from themselves. Much like now. All these laws are to protect each other from each other. To create a divide and

This isn't conjecture either, these methods are used all the time. The economic collapse and the changeover of power, policy and wealth is the main ingredient in this. Watch as new economic reforms and rules come creeping in which hand over more money and power to the people at top while the ones at the bottom, or those who managed to get by and make a living running their own gyms, barbers, nail salons, indepedent shops etc take a tumble and go back down the food chain. All the economic collapses throughout history were planned and executed in order to shake society up and send it in a direction that benefits those that are in control of worldwide economies and the economic systems behind them.

I wish it was different. But even the news are talking about the economic collapse that is inevitable because of this virus. They couldn't have done without the narrative of the virus. Last time they had to bite their tongue and claim responsibility for much of the corruption and foul-play that went on behind the scenes causing the economic crash of 2008. The great depression is in the history books as being a very successful orchestrated collapse that affected MILLIONS of people. You can read a lot on the great depression and how it was fuelled by the powerful.

Any danger of getting this in bullet points? 

I'm self employed and it's affecting us financially more than anything but until it turns into mad max out there and I start putting aris fencing over the windows on my civic with road pins sticking out from the bumper, I will stay at home because for all I know I could have it without knowing, casually go round my old dears house that could have diminishing respitory efficency from years of cleaning with iffy products that are probably banned now, and pass that s**t on to her and she won't be so lucky. 

If I am prepared to do that then so should everyone else. 

35 minutes ago, monkeybiker said:

Nobody really knows how many have had it. It could be millions but with very mild symptoms, could be higher, could be lower. Without testing we don't know. 

You can compare our numbers to countries who’ve done way more testing and than extrapolate using the mortality rate of  1%ish, probaly about 10 times more cases than officially detected in this case 

1 hour ago, daringhorse said:

Well articulated 

But this will go over most people's heads

Vast majority here (and in the UK in general)  will happily trade in their limited freedoms for the perception of security. The invisible enemy is the perfect tool for social manipulation followed by legislative change. I have zero hope anything will be done here to stop it. 

12 minutes ago, jake87 said:

Any danger of getting this in bullet points? 

I'm self employed and it's affecting us financially more than anything but until it turns into mad max out there and I start putting aris fencing over the windows on my civic with road pins sticking out from the bumper, I will stay at home because for all I know I could have it without knowing, casually go round my old dears house that could have diminishing respitory efficency from years of cleaning with iffy products that are probably banned now, and pass that s**t on to her and she won't be so lucky. 

If I am prepared to do that then so should everyone else. 

All the while maintaining your stiff upper lip and respecting your social betters. 

You won't have s car mate soon,  and if you do it will be automated whereby you can journey on pre-selected destinations. 

If people were dumb enough to fall for the "muslamic " terrorism where so many freedoms and liberties were stripped away what do you think is going to happen now

9 minutes ago, Phil_tuggins said:

All the while maintaining your stiff upper lip and respecting your social betters. 

You won't have s car mate soon,  and if you do it will be automated whereby you can journey on pre-selected destinations. 

If people were dumb enough to fall for the "muslamic " terrorism where so many freedoms and liberties were stripped away what do you think is going to happen now

You've watched demolition man and total recall one too many times.