Sign in to follow this  
PSevens2017

What’s everyone training today?

So, with our gyms closed, how has your re-packaged training routine been going? Aside from amount of weight we can lift (unless we have a home gym) has it been an exciting challenge adapting your normal routine? 

Band work today - Rows (seated/bent over -narrow/wide grip), facepulls alternating concentric/eccentric speed throughout sets.  To failure. 5 sets each 

Fix bands to emulate vertical hand ski machine. All out - 5 sets. 

Standing curls - supinated grip and hammer grip - 5 sets each to failure. 

As we’ve blessed with nice weather this past week, I’ve been out walking more. Avoided any parks as this is where most seem to go. I simply walk to the next town and back, going via shops if I need anything. Quite as on the roads. Fairly brisk walk. Totals 5.5 - 6 miles in one go. Gets me out in the natural Vit D for 2 hours. Will do this after my band workout. 

Done. 

In answer to your question, my "gym" is all makeshift like taking the slide off the kids slide and using the steps and handles as a dip station. Broom across the garden swing for a pull up bar. Paint tins filled with sand.. Actually finding it quite challenging, trying to increase reps each session. A definite pump for sure 

Today I'm going to tie l my resistance band to the wall and do some lying leg curls, real focus on contraction and negatives, high volume. 

Walking lunges with the bar. 

Single leg split squats with bar. 

Thrusters. 

Massive set of goblet squats with the kettle bell, only 8kg as I stupidly sold my 20kg at Xmas.

Lateral raise with the kettle bell. 

Front raise with bar. 

Single arm javelin press with the bar. 

Curls, extensions and pullovers on the raised decking with the bar. 

Got an email to say my weights have been shipped so hopefully they will be here soon. 

Then take the kids for a 3 miler. 

2 hours ago, PSevens2017 said:

So, with our gyms closed, how has your re-packaged training routine been going? Aside from amount of weight we can lift (unless we have a home gym) has it been an exciting challenge adapting your normal routine? 

Band work today - Rows (seated/bent over -narrow/wide grip), facepulls alternating concentric/eccentric speed throughout sets.  To failure. 5 sets each 

Fix bands to emulate vertical hand ski machine. All out - 5 sets. 

Standing curls - supinated grip and hammer grip - 5 sets each to failure. 

As we’ve blessed with nice weather this past week, I’ve been out walking more. Avoided any parks as this is where most seem to go. I simply walk to the next town and back, going via shops if I need anything. Quite as on the roads. Fairly brisk walk. Totals 5.5 - 6 miles in one go. Gets me out in the natural Vit D for 2 hours. Will do this after my band workout. 

Done. 

Just imagining you workout!

Oooooh beads of sweat glistening off your biceps has my knob twitching!! Think I’ll have a wank!!

I've got a set of dumbbells 20kg not much but managed to get a good sweat on.

I did floor chest presses supersetted with floor chest flies 3 sets of amrap on each.

Bent over db row superset with db rdl.

Standing db military press superset with side raises.

Lunges superset with squats.

Calf raises superset with shrugs.

Db curls superset with tricep close grip push ups.

Then finished by doing steps in my house as I live in a 3 story house up and down until knackered.

6pm. 5 mile walk round local fields.

@12 - 20 kB swings and in between 5 press ups and 5 body squats. 5 sets of all that.

15 sumo squats, 15 reverse squats per leg, 15 split squat jumps. 4 sets.

glutes on fire, currently sitting on cushion back at work at home. Gotta be done.

1 hour ago, Flubs said:

6pm. 5 mile walk round local fields.

@12 - 20 kB swings and in between 5 press ups and 5 body squats. 5 sets of all that.

15 sumo squats, 15 reverse squats per leg, 15 split squat jumps. 4 sets.

glutes on fire, currently sitting on cushion back at work at home. Gotta be done.

There’s no stopping winners. :thumb

This morning 21.26 mile bike ride, 1.44.26..... (mountain bike not a roadie) 

20 minutes skipping the a curry,

Push session in the garden tomorrow, hopefully in the sun, might even flex a an workout tomorrow afternoon, that'll be something new....

Just bodyweight exercises and cardio for me guys. Have access to a gym 30mins away for a select few but I cant be arsed to be honest, I'm enjoying doing the absolute basics just to keep my body from rotting away and I'm really pushing my cardio to its limits, 60 miles a day on my pedal bike after a hard day graft is more than I've done for a long time.

By the time the gyms reopen I will be a lean, mean fitness machine. I hope anyway.

Danny

One arm lat pull down

Chin up

Bent over row

Straight arm front pull down 

One arm row 

2 arm hammer curl (tricep bar)

Inclined seated 1 arm curl 

Face pull using band

Shrugs 

All at 5151 tempo 

Get out for a walk every day. Just did first home session with olympic bar and some plates...

bent over row

deadlift

overhead press

incredibly dangerous bench using sofa as back rest

overhead tricep press

bicep curl

elevated and regular press up

I now feel absolutely battered.

I reckoned to have done inverted rows down an alleyway on some bars that stop motorbikes and cars going through. I also scared two people away at the same time. Then I reckoned to do some incline plyo pushups, squats and I almost took a door off in my house doing pull-ps on the door.

5.30 am. 5 mile walk around the fields.

2pm.  Floor Chest presses then Ummmm...the thing where you hold two weights and bring them up from the side and turn your palms up as you bring them in together to squeeze the chest, can’t remember the name, Durrrr.  

Bent over rows,  Straight arm pulllovers,  Arnold’s.

Burpees with a press-up and a jump and squat, just kept going until done, or done in more like,hurrr hurrr.