Sign in to follow this  
vetran

Artisan bread ,do you ever treat yourself?

3 minutes ago, vetran said:

@Flubs I have stolen a pic of you ,but what’s the best way to enjoy it 

Some people say tear pieces of and dip it in finest olive oil

8CFDC189-8FB0-446F-8A2A-FD9535BC67E0.jpeg

Vet, I use extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Pour some oil on a plate. Then pour some  balsamic over the top of oil. Dip dip dip :thumbup1:

9 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

Slice very thinly.

Add a light coating of I can’t believe it’s not butter.

Add a selection of freshly fried chips to one half then fold over the other half.

Dip in tomato ketchup to taste.

Thanks for that I was hoping this could be a sophisticated thread

2 minutes ago, vetran said:

Thanks for that I was hoping this could be a sophisticated thread now your gonna fetch all the beans on toast knob heads in 

You want a sophisticated thread? You WANT a sophisticated thread? You couldn’t handle a sophisticated thread! (Imagine that said in a Tom Cruise voice). Stick with your people Vetran. Scum and proud of it!

1 minute ago, Kazza61 said:

You want a sophisticated thread? You WANT a sophisticated thread? You couldn’t handle a sophisticated thread! (Imagine that said in a Tom Cruise voice). Stick with your people Vetran. Scum and proud of it!

Pretty sure you just called Vet scum there bro. :lol:

7 minutes ago, EpicSquats said:

Pretty sure you just called Vet scum there bro. :lol:

I also referred to myself as scum. In fact I also regularly do when out shopping with the missus. When she wants to go in expensive dress or jewellery shops, I say quietly but firmly, this is no place for scum like us love!

A5EA369E-BE09-4EA9-9638-C5EC1FADA70D.thumb.jpeg.067ebe7570c771644bdbbed005758eeb.jpegIMG_0029.thumb.JPG.1f50d4c12adbb949ce3571ead190c69b.JPGHey there Vet, no problem with the pic. Here are more ;), soz, couldn’t resist..... You can eat bread with and however you feel like it on the day, but some are more suited to some things than others. For instance the one You used  is great for toast and sarnies, closed or open as its slightly nutty in taste and a firm texture. I make a brioche loaf which is soft and buttery in taste, good with a dollop of creamy cheese or toasted with lashings of butter.

The soda breads I make have different flavours, plain is great in soup, the ones with seeds and made with beer are fab with a strong cheese and pickles.

Baguettes and the batons you can do whatever you want with, as in Blue.s picnic stop and of course two of my faves to make, focaccia filled with olives, tomatoes, garlic and fresh herbs...yum, and French fougasse which is shaped like a leaf and fab dipped in green peppery olive oil and gloopy balsamic vinegar with fig syrup.

I’m no expert, it’s just one of my hobbies. Bread is bread and I’m at home eating sliced white from the supermarket or the ones I make . No need to be snobby about it at all. Your loaf I would make a bacon buttie with, loads of butter, hot crispy bacon and brown sauce with a giant mug of builders bum tea...yassssss!

I know, too long, didn’t read...hurrr hurrr.... 

13 hours ago, Flubs said:

A5EA369E-BE09-4EA9-9638-C5EC1FADA70D.thumb.jpeg.067ebe7570c771644bdbbed005758eeb.jpegIMG_0029.thumb.JPG.1f50d4c12adbb949ce3571ead190c69b.JPGHey there Vet, no problem with the pic. Here are more ;), soz, couldn’t resist..... You can eat bread with and however you feel like it on the day, but some are more suited to some things than others. For instance the one You used  is great for toast and sarnies, closed or open as its slightly nutty in taste and a firm texture. I make a brioche loaf which is soft and buttery in taste, good with a dollop of creamy cheese or toasted with lashings of butter.

The soda breads I make have different flavours, plain is great in soup, the ones with seeds and made with beer are fab with a strong cheese and pickles.

Baguettes and the batons you can do whatever you want with, as in Blue.s picnic stop and of course two of my faves to make, focaccia filled with olives, tomatoes, garlic and fresh herbs...yum, and French fougasse which is shaped like a leaf and fab dipped in green peppery olive oil and gloopy balsamic vinegar with fig syrup.

I’m no expert, it’s just one of my hobbies. Bread is bread and I’m at home eating sliced white from the supermarket or the ones I make . No need to be snobby about it at all. Your loaf I would make a bacon buttie with, loads of butter, hot crispy bacon and brown sauce with a giant mug of builders bum tea...yassssss!

I know, too long, didn’t read...hurrr hurrr.... 

The two pics were from when I rode through France. 
My current favourite bread is chilli and cheddar bread from Co-Op. if still warm it’s lovely on its own or rip it open and put a pack of bacon in it. 

17 minutes ago, BLUE(UK) said:

The two pics were from when I rode through France. 
My current favourite bread is chilli and cheddar bread from Co-Op. if still warm it’s lovely on its own or rip it open and put a pack of bacon in it. 

Chilli and cheddar you say....hummmmm.... should I manage to find flour, stand by for incoming pic of said bread:sneaky2:....

5 hours ago, PSevens2017 said:

@Flubs just seen a Nigella Lawson post on twitter saying ‘if you’re making bread, keep the water you cook pasta/potatoes in as it helps the breads texture and rise.

Saw it and thought of UKM’s resident chief bread maker! :thumbup1:

I just googled that, very interesting. I usually keep potato water to make veggie soup with but I will try this and see how it goes. Thank you.

5 hours ago, BLUE(UK) said:

@Flubs the wait and suspense is killing me. :)

You might be waiting a while....flour is gold dust right now, however I have a challenge now so it will be done......

3 hours ago, AncientOldBloke said:

Artisan= home made then sold at overinflated price 

@Endomorph84  craft = not home made, then sold at overinflated price

AOB. I find the prices really shocking at times when I see them at the markets. The most expensive thing for me is buying the olives and sun dried tomatoes, but if you buy big jars and only use a few its not that bad, and I grow my own herbs so never buy those.  I also get quite cross when I see supermarkets selling small slices for about a fiver and it’s basically plain bread with a garlic and salt wash over the top. That is really ripping off people.   Ahem....sorry for my rant there. 

inb4 buggeroffto mumsnet or something like that.

On 2020-03-25 at 11:08 PM, vetran said:

@Flubs I have stolen a pic of you ,but what’s the best way to enjoy it 

Some people say tear pieces of and dip it in finest olive oil

8CFDC189-8FB0-446F-8A2A-FD9535BC67E0.jpeg

What have you done to that bread...

Why did you cut it like that ?