Sign in to follow this  
EpicSquats

So who else has decided to stop working?

I work in construction and decided it was time to stop going in. Seemed stupid to go to work on a building site with a load of other blokes and work in the same building when we're supposed to be doing the whole social distancing/stay 2 metres apart thing.

We've been told, we're working until the government tells us to stop. I'm classed as in a key industry so probably won't get told to stop but do think, we should only be visiting other key work places and not just basing it on the fact, that companies still open, so we'll attend.

2 hours ago, EpicSquats said:

I work in construction and decided it was time to stop going in. Seemed stupid to go to work on a building site with a load of other blokes and work in the same building when we're supposed to be doing the whole social distancing/stay 2 metres apart thing.

I’d like to be working but I’m no longer allowed to ask people to remove their clothing and then start touching them..... 

14 minutes ago, Denied said:

We've been told, we're working until the government tells us to stop. I'm classed as in a key industry so probably won't get told to stop but do think, we should only be visiting other key work places and not just basing it on the fact, that companies still open, so we'll attend.

Fluffer? 

3 minutes ago, EpicSquats said:

Mate you worked as a traffic warden. No wonder you got sacked.

I know;  wrong job for me. Used to turn up in nothing but Black leather chaps, crocodile skin Cuban heels  and a velvet top hat! The perfect outfit if you ask me. 

13 minutes ago, LethweiUK said:

Main sites I’m on in London have been closed today so we’re in it now!

Petrol stations will close soon I got a heads up from a friend in the military so fill up today.

Bollocks how will key workers etc fill up their cars

1 minute ago, LethweiUK said:

You’ll see...don’t shoot the messenger.

No country in Europe has shut down petrol stations and we always seem to be about 2 weeks behind them in all these measures... we’ve still got building sites n about Half the offices in the country open.. can’t see it happening anytime soon personally 

My company took precautions early due to a case in the skyscraper opposite to us. They sent us to work from home since the 11th March I been self-isolating since the 12th (going out just for necessary things such as groceries and been out only three time since)

I honestly feel very lucky to do something that can be done from home and still be earning while many people (at least here in Spain where the lockdown is real) don’t have a choice and now will have to scrape for government help which is equal to almost nothing.

Thing is I’m getting paid risk money for working. If i decided to be off I won’t get it. It worries if we go on complete lock down where’s we arnt allowed to go to work because I don’t want to lose my job because I’m on an alright wage and I’ll never get this wage again. Lack of work experience no GCSEs 

3 minutes ago, Jackoffblades said:

Thing is I’m getting paid risk money for working. If i decided to be off I won’t get it. It worries if we go on complete lock down where’s we arnt allowed to go to work because I don’t want to lose my job because I’m on an alright wage and I’ll never get this wage again. Lack of work experience no GCSEs 

Work as a labourer on a building site. 11 quid an hour. Happy days.