UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

So who else has decided to stop working?

212 views 42 replies 18 participants last post by  monkeybiker 
#1 ·
I work in construction and decided it was time to stop going in. Seemed stupid to go to work on a building site with a load of other blokes and work in the same building when we're supposed to be doing the whole social distancing/stay 2 metres apart thing.

#11 ·
We've been told, we're working until the government tells us to stop. I'm classed as in a key industry so probably won't get told to stop but do think, we should only be visiting other key work places and not just basing it on the fact, that companies still open, so we'll attend.

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
My company took precautions early due to a case in the skyscraper opposite to us. They sent us to work from home since the 11th March I been self-isolating since the 12th (going out just for necessary things such as groceries and been out only three time since)

I honestly feel very lucky to do something that can be done from home and still be earning while many people (at least here in Spain where the lockdown is real) don't have a choice and now will have to scrape for government help which is equal to almost nothing.

#23 ·
Thing is I'm getting paid risk money for working. If i decided to be off I won't get it. It worries if we go on complete lock down where's we arnt allowed to go to work because I don't want to lose my job because I'm on an alright wage and I'll never get this wage again. Lack of work experience no GCSEs

#29 ·
I'm still doing shifts at Scania but only a couple of us left. My wife works for the crown prosecution and I'm unsure what they are putting in place as she said only the most serious or overnight hearings are taking place now I think but not 100% as we are ships in the night most days.

Danny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.