Sign in to follow this  
neverminder

Bojo announces the lockdown

"One form of exercise a day – for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household"

How the f**k is he gonna keep track on how many times a day we go for a jog? This is getting fu**ing ridiculous.

Fcuk. What about our deliveries then? Will I ever see my bench that I've ordered from Fitness Superstore or is it now considered "not essential"?

He knows it's impossible to police but he's trying to convey the sense of urgency and hopefully get a critical mass on board and slow down the pace of the spread on the disease. It's a worthy cause and I hope to Christ people don't fvck it up because we've only got one chance before this gets out of hand. 

Its just like speeding fines, spitting on the floor, chucking litter ececec its not aloud but people still do it and most get away with it lol

yeah I mean don't take it as 'I wonder if I can get away with that' but rather 'I wonder if I could get away with not doing that' 

as above this is to stress the severity 

it's 3 weeks, this has been thought and decided by more informed minds than that you will find on social media and forums and determined this is the best possible chance to not overload the NHS.

what ever bullshit reasons people may think it is the facts remain that the NHS was overstretched before this virus even got here so just don't be an asshole and sit at home for 3 weeks. 

I wish I could stay at home for 3 weeks with next to no chance of catching it but I have to go to work and interact with people, I’d quite happily take it unpaid too

Boris's exact words: "People will only be allowed to leave their home for the following purposes"..... "Travelling to and from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary, and cannot be done from home" 

Does this mean travelling to and from work but only if your work is absolutely necessary or if you have to travel to work for any job? 

I work on a building site. I'm not sure what he means by how he has worded it. 

My work said they expected me on site all this week, unless of course the government tells us we can't come in. 

I'm seriously not sure what he means. Cheers.

23 minutes ago, EpicSquats said:

Boris's exact words: "People will only be allowed to leave their home for the following purposes"..... "Travelling to and from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary, and cannot be done from home" 

Does this mean travelling to and from work but only if your work is absolutely necessary or if you have to travel to work for any job? 

My work said they expected me on site all this week, unless of course the government tells us we can't come in. 

He means if you can work at home, do. If you MUST go to a site, office, whatever because you can't do it from home, then you're free to do so. Right now, it's any job for a business that remains open.

You'll still be expected to enforce social distancing when you're on site/at work.

32 minutes ago, swole troll said:

yeah I mean don't take it as 'I wonder if I can get away with that' but rather 'I wonder if I could get away with not doing that' 

as above this is to stress the severity 

it's 3 weeks, this has been thought and decided by more informed minds than that you will find on social media and forums and determined this is the best possible chance to not overload the NHS.

what ever bullshit reasons people may think it is the facts remain that the NHS was overstretched before this virus even got here so just don't be an asshole and sit at home for 3 weeks. 

as always the voice of reason 

55 minutes ago, neverminder said:

"One form of exercise a day – for example a run, walk, or cycle - alone or with members of your household"

How the f**k is he gonna keep track on how many times a day we go for a jog? This is getting fu**ing ridiculous.

Fcuk. What about our deliveries then? Will I ever see my bench that I've ordered from Fitness Superstore or is it now considered "not essential"?

Online stores remain open. Therefore staff will be expected to go in if they cannot work from home. If the online retailer decides to close, then obviously staff won't be expected to travel to work. 

I'm in the same position re: deliveries. I've ordered some kit and have no idea if it'll turn up. But saving lives is a much bigger deal and if they shut everything down, so be it...

What is social distancing?

Social distancing measures are steps you can take to reduce social interaction between people. This will help reduce the transmission of coronavirus (COVID-19).

They are to:

1. Avoid contact with someone who is displaying symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19). These symptoms include high temperature and/or new and continuous cough
  2. Avoid non-essential use of public transport when possible
  3. Work from home, where possible. Your employer should support you to do this. Please refer to employer guidance for more information
  4. Avoid large and small gatherings in public spaces, noting that pubs, restaurants, leisure centres and similar venues are currently shut as infections spread easily in closed spaces where people gather together.
  5. Avoid gatherings with friends and family. Keep in touch using remote technology such as phone, internet, and social media
  6. Use telephone or online services to contact your GP or other essential services

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-guidance-on-social-distancing-and-for-vulnerable-people/guidance-on-social-distancing-for-everyone-in-the-uk-and-protecting-older-people-and-vulnerable-adults

Posted (edited)

Morning; go out, turn left - walk

Afternoon; go out turn right - walk

Evening; essential shopping

In-between; shopping for the olds

Else, home workout/back garden archery...

Unless, like me, you're a "key worker"

Spare a thought for those with SEN & LD, who don't quite have the capacity to comprehend, let alone understand what is happening.

Edited by hmgs
Why does 'the' autocorrect to 'three'?

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/pm-address-to-the-nation-on-coronavirus-23-march-2020
This is the actual transcript of his speech if anyone wants to read it.

Plus the website for the News & Communications section for all of government if everyone wants up-to-date news from the belly of the beast itself;
https://www.gov.uk/search/news-and-communications

1 minute ago, EpicSquats said:

I cant imagine an actual forced lockdown, to where the police/army are about. How can they fund this?

Now all the cuts the government made are finally showing. Mainly the NHS, they can’t cope. They were struggling before and now it’s too much. So that’s why they’re needing to somewhat scare people to stay in, hoping to reduce  the stress on the NHS

Guy at work reckons if this worsens,  they’ll mess around with gas prices, causing those who drive unable to afford to drive about. (Not impacting the needed vehicles like police/nhs etc) reduce public transport more, maybe stop it all together. And continue to reduce store opening hours, so leaving the house would be pointless.

I work an office/desk job, so everyone’s working from home for 2 weeks min.

As I’ve got a few months left on my SIA badge, so got security work. Currently doing a 12h shift at a closed site, that’s 5 min walk from home... whilst doing my usual work on laptop hehe

2 minutes ago, aLadNamedAsh said:

I cant imagine an actual forced lockdown, to where the police/army are about. How can they fund this?

Now all the cuts the government made are finally showing. Mainly the NHS, they can’t cope. They were struggling before and now it’s too much. So that’s why they’re needing to somewhat scare people to stay in, hoping to reduce  the stress on the NHS

The army gets paid regardless. If it comes to it, they'll be on the streets. Likewise the police. It will happen if people don't listen. But let's be really fu**ing frank; you'd have to be a thick, selfish c**t to ignore these pleas. 

The cuts have very little to do with this. No health service, regardless how how well funded, could sustain a pandemic, especially during flu season. 

13 minutes ago, aLadNamedAsh said:

Guy at work reckons if this worsens,  they’ll mess around with gas prices, causing those who drive unable to afford to drive about. (Not impacting the needed vehicles like police/nhs etc) reduce public transport more, maybe stop it all together. And continue to reduce store opening hours, so leaving the house would be pointless.

I work an office/desk job, so everyone’s working from home for 2 weeks min.

As I’ve got a few months left on my SIA badge, so got security work. Currently doing a 12h shift at a closed site, that’s 5 min walk from home... whilst doing my usual work on laptop hehe

If what you're speculating actually happens, there will be no office jobs, because economy will be down the toilet, it's a domino effect that will be next to impossible to stop. The real question which will be forced really soon the way I see it is "Can we afford this lockdown?".

Moral dilemma aside, this is all about that 1% or whatever that percentage is that is in high risk of dying from coronavirus. But if this is taken too far and people go hungry, they will not give a flying fcuk.

“Every society is three meals away from chaos” - Vladimir Lenin

"You see, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these... these civilized people, they'll eat each other." - The Joker

enjoy the time off. when in your life time do these things come around?

do some of that DIY youve been putting of for yonks. ive recently tiled my kitchen floor.

gardening,

throwing out all that shite you have stacked up in your back garden next to the trampoline.

15 minutes ago, Scooter said:

enjoy the time off. when in your life time do these things come around?

do some of that DIY youve been putting of for yonks. ive recently tiled my kitchen floor.

gardening,

throwing out all that shite you have stacked up in your back garden next to the trampoline.

I'm going to wank myself silly and eat way too much nutella.

Nice.

1 hour ago, invisiblekid said:

The army gets paid regardless. If it comes to it, they'll be on the streets. Likewise the police. It will happen if people don't listen. But let's be really fu**ing frank; you'd have to be a thick, selfish c**t to ignore these pleas. 

The cuts have very little to do with this. No health service, regardless how how well funded, could sustain a pandemic, especially during flu season. 

The Army have be briefed and are on standby...if any looting takes place or rioting they have the go ahead to go in.

1 hour ago, hmgs said:

Morning; go out, turn left - walk

Afternoon; go out turn right - walk

Evening; essential shopping

In-between; shopping for the olds

So that's 4 trips out in one day when we're in lockdown :rolleyes: