Sign in to follow this  
Savv

Say goodbye to meals like this

250g home cooked chicken breast with roosters peri peri sauce

shops out of stock of meat, tried about 4 yesterday.

tried online, after waiting in que of 2000 people at ocado once i did get on site there wasent even any delivery slots even in the next 3 months.

tesco the same

we are all going to starve to death, make use of whats in the freezer!!

8DD4478A-569D-4C85-BDC8-05FA10F07020.jpeg

2 minutes ago, faipdeooiad said:

Where the meal? You appear to have posted a photo from a few hours after you’ve eaten it

Lol just a snack man thats what i meant, im already on 3000k and shes only 4:45pm

29 minutes ago, Savv said:

250g home cooked chicken breast with roosters peri peri sauce

shops out of stock of meat, tried about 4 yesterday.

tried online, after waiting in que of 2000 people at ocado once i did get on site there wasent even any delivery slots even in the next 3 months.

tesco the same

we are all going to starve to death, make use of whats in the freezer!!

8DD4478A-569D-4C85-BDC8-05FA10F07020.jpeg

Ahhhh the joys of having a butcher as a neighbor! 

People are fu**ing dense. We can ride this thing out with limited disruption to supply chains if people don't panic buy. 

Our politicians knew this well in advance btw. 

11 minutes ago, FatOld said:

People are fu**ing dense. We can ride this thing out with limited disruption to supply chains if people don't panic buy. 

Our politicians knew this well in advance btw. 

Because people are selfish little sh*t's... All the Nurses on long duty shifts can't even buy any food. Same goes for the elderly because they can't get out.

What’s all this Ocado online bollox. And forget about the big 4 supermarkets that have been rinsed by the panicking herds. I took a walk down to the halal butchers yesterday. Enough meat in stock to sink a corona virus laden cruise ship. 

I might be an infidel but they were more than happy to sell me 2kg of chicken, kilo of beef steak and a kilo of tilapia. Jobs a goodun. 

16 minutes ago, Lowkii said:

Because people are selfish little sh*t's... All the Nurses on long duty shifts can't even buy any food. Same goes for the elderly because they can't get out.

Yep it’s older isolated people with limited mobility I’m worried for. I’d like to see supermarkets open exclusively for the elderly until say 11.30am.

40 minutes ago, Mike Gunnz said:

What’s all this Ocado online bollox. And forget about the big 4 supermarkets that have been rinsed by the panicking herds. I took a walk down to the halal butchers yesterday. Enough meat in stock to sink a corona virus laden cruise ship. 

I might be an infidel but they were more than happy to sell me 2kg of chicken, kilo of beef steak and a kilo of tilapia. Jobs a goodun. 

Strange, i thought the same thing until i run out then realised what everyone was on about, dont know why meat/toilet roll and bread  is so popular. 3 large supermarkets and there was none in all three!! Maybe the odd one fillet of £50 beef thats it.

i thought oh well il just order online but that is just as bad, no delivery days avaliable, wtf, lucky iv got “”””some””””” food in the fridge!!!! But decent quality food that we all need is very hard to find at the moment.

iv got enough meat to probably last me a week then im f**ked!! Atleast i do have protein powder to last me a lifetime but then delivery is as usual for that lol!!!!!

16 minutes ago, Savv said:

Strange, i thought the same thing until i run out then realised what everyone was on about, dont know why meat/toilet roll and bread  is so popular. 3 large supermarkets and there was none in all three!! Maybe the odd one fillet of £50 beef thats it.

i thought oh well il just order online but that is just as bad, no delivery days avaliable, wtf, lucky iv got “”””some””””” food in the fridge!!!! But decent quality food that we all need is very hard to find at the moment.

iv got enough meat to probably last me a week then im f**ked!! Atleast i do have protein powder to last me a lifetime but then delivery is as usual for that lol!!!!!

Smaller shops seem to be faring a little better in terms of stock, maybe because people can’t park out front and fill their 4x4’s boot the way they can at the big stores. I found plenty of tuna in Heron foods yesterday. 

Also try your local ethnic shops assuming you have any nearby. they carry lots of quality fresh ingredients.

4 hours ago, Mike Gunnz said:

jobs a goodun lol. should have got atleast 5kg, who are you feeding a couple of sparrows 

6 hours ago, Savv said:

jobs a goodun lol. should have got atleast 5kg, who are you feeding a couple of sparrows 

Lol they were limiting customer purchases so as to manage the panic merchants hence why they still had stock. 

The couple in front of me at the supermarket yesterday didn't struggle to get meat.

They had two whole chickens, two packs of mince, two bits of leg and some other things I didn't recognise. All fresh, not frozen or processed.

They didn't have any fruit or veg though.

4 hours ago, Varg said:

The couple in front of me at the supermarket yesterday didn't struggle to get meat.

They had two whole chickens, two packs of mince, two bits of leg and some other things I didn't recognise. All fresh, not frozen or processed.

They didn't have any fruit or veg though.

Bloody Paleo freaks.

Send em back!

Oh, we can't. Cos there was never a  true Paleo era.

21 hours ago, Mike Gunnz said:

Bloody moozlamix

Coming over here.

Opening shops 

Selling meat

The other type of clipped dick butchers were closed?

I'm sure the shelves will be fine soon, theres plenty of "meat" on the shelves in my local shops.

No plain chicken breasts or mince, but pork joints, packs of ribs, ham etc...

Plus some milk, and finally some eggs.

Its a non-issue. 

1 hour ago, Tonysco said:

I'm sure the shelves will be fine soon, theres plenty of "meat" on the shelves in my local shops.

No plain chicken breasts or mince, but pork joints, packs of ribs, ham etc...

Plus some milk, and finally some eggs.

Its a non-issue. 

Not an issue here either. Sure there's been no chicken. But red meat and pork, bacon seem to be still available which is good enough for me.

Iv'e not been able to buy everything i buy. But buying different stuff has been a good challenge for some new receipies ive come up with :)

Every cloud and all that!

14 hours ago, strawberry123 said:

Pro tip: if in London go to tower hamlets and to the pork section in supermarkets. Fully stocked as the locals don’t eat it

Sounds more like a Viz magazine “Top Tip” than a pro-tip but I take your point.