Sign in to follow this  
Abc987

Should we take this time to drop all gear and rest our bodies?

I am gonna struggle without going to the gym. I have a bit of an addictive personality and go almost every day. Only days I don’t go are if I’m hungover (which isn’t often) or completely knackered and need an extra few hours in bed. 
gym is part of my daily routine. I’m up at the crack of dawn and go before work

I’m trying to decide whether to clear my garage a bit and do what I can do in there 

or 

drop my cruise dose and give it all up for a month (which I actually think I might benefit from) 

what do you guys think and what are your plans 

I've had a home gym for years and it really suits me. When I go to gyms I get to preoccupied with others using bad form or fvcking about or hogging equipment. Training at home absolutely nothing can take your focus or interfere with your plan. 

I started with a multi-use bench, a bar, couple of dumbbells and a few weights - now I have this:

IMG_20190302_113646634.jpg

IMG_20190302_113805187.jpg

IMG_20190302_113706606.jpg

16 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

I've had a home gym for years and it really suits me. When I go to gyms I get to preoccupied with others using bad form or fvcking about or hogging equipment. Training at home absolutely nothing can take your focus or interfere with your plan. 

I started with a multi-use bench, a bar, couple of dumbbells and a few weights - now I have this:

Lovely looking set up, Kazza! No lost gainz for you mate :beer:

Training for me is as much mental as physical. I’m sure I can replace the physical aspect with something else,  but the mental side, the escape, the challenge, nothing I’ve ever done comes close to lifting. 

If I thought it would be just a month, I’d take the opportunity to recover and have some downtime. Sadly, it’s going to be much longer I suspect. If kids are away from school for 12-16 weeks, surely gym closures will be a similar time frame. Guess we just have to wait and see.

If you have space and the cash, I’d get a home set up.

31 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

Erm that is your Home Gym?? 

That is superb, you have a Leg press Machine! 

Can I come round and Train? I'll even pay. 

I too am gonna struggle without a Gym, I have 2 12.5kg Dumbells and Resitence bands, that's it and I know it's better then nothing but it isn't the same and I can't Deadlift, Squat or anything compound Heavy! 

35 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

Can we come round?!!!!

33 minutes ago, PSevens2017 said:

Lovely looking set up, Kazza! No lost gainz for you mate :beer:

15 minutes ago, wylde99 said:

Erm that is your Home Gym?? 

That is superb, you have a Leg press Machine! 

Can I come round and Train? I'll even pay. 

I too am gonna struggle without a Gym, I have 2 12.5kg Dumbells and Resitence bands, that's it and I know it's better then nothing but it isn't the same and I can't Deadlift, Squat or anything compound Heavy! 

14 minutes ago, Mrmotivator said:

Can we come round?!!!!

How cool if all the UK-M members trained at the same gym!!

you could probably sell that home gym and buy another house in the current climate 

my mate was quoted 300 quid for some of those shitty york sand filled plates with a 4 foot barbell and a 100kg max load bench press 

what's funny is half this stuff is being sold by fat slobs that used it once, didn't look like Arnold and then used it as a clothes rack for 18 months. 

OP yes come off cycle unless you can self isolate and have access to a decent bit of kit (barbell, bench, power rack and plenty of weights as a minimum) 

1 hour ago, JohnnySack said:

If you live in a nice provincial town then get out on your push bike if you want some social distancing exercise. Hit some hills and feel the burn. Enjoy.

That's what plan to do. 

This "don't be selfish" lark is a bit annoying. You cannot expect a city full of people in pubs and clubs to keep social distance so the advice absolutely make sense. But if you have a private gym, you clean stuff down, you don't sneeze over one another, wash your hands, and don't put your hands in your mouth - then you should all be fine. It's not floating around in the ether.

But if you've drunk the kool-aid and want to self-isolate for the next six months you go right ahead. I'll crack on thanks - ensuring that I keep social distance and be respectful whilst doing so.

1 hour ago, Test-e said:

Nowhere on par with @Kazza61 but managed to scrummage some stuff last night.  Rack doubles as a squat rack and weights reach 140kg

Btw how much was that set up bud?

No idea to be honest. Some bits are new, some donated and plenty are second hand (got the pec deck of Gumtree for £60!). It's been a project I have added to and upgraded as the years have gone along. Had a home gym in every house I have ever had - this is the best one though!

27 minutes ago, JohnnySack said:

This "don't be selfish" lark is a bit annoying. You cannot expect a city full of people in pubs and clubs to keep social distance so the advice absolutely make sense. But if you have a private gym, you clean stuff down, you don't sneeze over one another, wash your hands, and don't put your hands in your mouth - then you should all be fine. It's not floating around in the ether.

But if you've drunk the kool-aid and want to self-isolate for the next six months you go right ahead. I'll crack on thanks - ensuring that I keep social distance and be respectful whilst doing so.

same.

and while the gym is shut will workout at home , have bench, squat stands, bbs and dbs , might invest in some dip bars and will try to do some chins , maybe at the park if I have to. Will probably do some walking and maybe some running for cardio. 

59 minutes ago, AncientOldBloke said:

There'd be fights over who is the prettiest 

And there's a very unhealthy interest in each others arseholes at the moment. UK-M going to be changing its name soon if some don't get a grip (er, no homo).