Sign in to follow this  
JohnnySack

Gyms ordered to close by Government

Yep it's happening - get your last session in ASAP. Full body smash the f**k out of it. Be careful out there.

"Government was today actively discussing a new clampdown on London with pubs, cinemas and gyms being ordered to close to stop the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. An announcement could be made in hours, with concern among crisis planners rising that too many people are continuing to ignore social distancing advice - making the spread of the virus more likely."

EDIT: OK it's just London but government only cares about London.

It’s not just London, pure gym in Dundee has had the machines and weights closed off for a week , just a big yoga mat at this point with 2m distance between people

heading to decathlon today anyway to get some bands, kettlebells and a pull up bar maybe boxing bag as well 

1 hour ago, drwae said:

It’s not just London, pure gym in Dundee has had the machines and weights closed off for a week , just a big yoga mat at this point with 2m distance between people

heading to decathlon today anyway to get some bands, kettlebells and a pull up bar maybe boxing bag as well 

Dundee is UK?

4 hours ago, jjtreml said:

Good, should of been closed weeks ago.

Folk still going to gyms,pubs and clubs and any other social gathering are nothing but selfish a-holes.

And after this is over and done with I'm never leaving the house incase I get run over by a bus 

People often use exercise as a means of managing their addictive personality 
the very fact many current 'exercise junkies' are ex drug, food or alcohol abusers is example enough of this 

and boy does the internet not half bolster this 

'I NEED the gym' 
'They CAN'T do this' 

heaven forbid any of you end up with a debilitating injury.

Yes it's a crap situation but there is no use whipping yourself into a fluster over it.

Come off cycle, focus on your health, do what you can with some body weight exercises or whatever gym equipment you have access to and just try to enjoy something else instead of worrying about the slabs of meat under your skin reducing in size.

46 minutes ago, Savv said:

This is bullshit, i just heard the speech he never specified london so i guess he means everywhere! I need my gym open ffs

You think this government is going to foot the bill for most peoples wages and let us saunter about as if nothing is wrong! A full lock down will be on the cards.