Sign in to follow this  
Shergar

Cnp, as good as the old days?

Thinking of going back to a pre bed shake. Used to love pro peptide from the guys at cnp amongst many of their other products.

Prices look quite cheap as well to be honest considering they are or were? A premium brand.

Will place an order shortly for a tub and see how it goes, heard a few people say since they sold the company a few years back that they changed some of the original formulas and ingredient etc.

Can anybody shed any light on this please? Or are they still a solid brand?

Danny.

About a decade ago, maybe longer,  when it was still Chemical Nutrition the ProPeptide was gorgeous. But then they brought production over from the States to the UK and it never tasted the same again. I find the new/latest ProPeptide sits heavy on my stomach and tastes poor compared to before and other products out there. I tried their Isolate whey in chocolate, tasted crap and very lumpy when mixed in a shaker.

Also i dont think theres much point in a protein blend like that. Just use either whey concentrate or isolate. Or use a regular whey product that has a mixture of the two.

Still a solid brand, but i wouldnt use their protein products anymore. 

On 18/03/2020 at 3:02 PM, Clubber Lang said:

About a decade ago, maybe longer,  when it was still Chemical Nutrition the ProPeptide was gorgeous. But then they brought production over from the States to the UK and it never tasted the same again. I find the new/latest ProPeptide sits heavy on my stomach and tastes poor compared to before and other products out there. I tried their Isolate whey in chocolate, tasted crap and very lumpy when mixed in a shaker.

Also i dont think theres much point in a protein blend like that. Just use either whey concentrate or isolate. Or use a regular whey product that has a mixture of the two.

Still a solid brand, but i wouldnt use their protein products anymore. 

Bang on. ProPeptide used to be so easy to drink. It was almost like a probiotic! 

2 hours ago, invisiblekid said:

Bang on. ProPeptide used to be so easy to drink. It was almost like a probiotic! 

yeah the Chocolate Malt with the blue tubs and yellow tops, Dorian Yates Approved logo lol.

choc malt was gorgeous, and with some peanut butter blended in.....heaven. Then they changed supplies to the UK and the formula was never the same, was wank lol.

On 20/03/2020 at 6:29 PM, invisiblekid said:

God I wish they did the old Chocolate Malt flavoured Pro-Peptide with Dorian on the front! Amazing product.

Stuff was amazing as was the Pro-Mass with some ice cold skimmed milk.

On 20/03/2020 at 9:07 PM, Clubber Lang said:

yeah the Chocolate Malt with the blue tubs and yellow tops, Dorian Yates Approved logo lol.

choc malt was gorgeous, and with some peanut butter blended in.....heaven. Then they changed supplies to the UK and the formula was never the same, was wank lol.

Wait the stuff Dorian endorsed wasn't produced in the UK? I always assumed it was made in Denton or Manchester by Kerry Kays or whatever his name was? Maybe this would explain the changes in taste/formula?

Danny.

11 hours ago, faipdeooiad said:

Their original factory is a 2 minute walk from my house in denton

Yes this is where I always thought it was produced mate even in the Dorian endorsed days?

I used to train at the gym also in the hitman's days when I would visit my grandmother in Haughton green.

I hope you didn't attend the famous surgery in Hyde though mate?

Danny

1 hour ago, Shergar said:

Yes this is where I always thought it was produced mate even in the Dorian endorsed days?

I used to train at the gym also in the hitman's days when I would visit my grandmother in Haughton green.

I hope you didn't attend the famous surgery in Hyde though mate?

Danny

Too young for Big Harold to have a pop at me, he preferred bumping off old people. The Coronavirus of his day.

58 minutes ago, Robbie said:

I wouldn't buy anything that's a blend without ratios.  How much of that protein per 100g comes from the glutamine peptides?

Yes I think it was stated what ratios it was years ago? Like reflex fusion I think it was a 33% split. I’ve purchased a tub anyway and it arrived yesterday, wild strawberry and is quite nice, better than nothing I suppose.

Danny.

21 hours ago, Shergar said:

Stuff was amazing as was the Pro-Mass with some ice cold skimmed milk.

Wait the stuff Dorian endorsed wasn't produced in the UK? I always assumed it was made in Denton or Manchester by Kerry Kays or whatever his name was? Maybe this would explain the changes in taste/formula?

Danny.

Pro-Peptide, original, was US made and imported over. 

They changed everything when they started production over in the UK. Wasnt the same after that. Using European whey instead of US.

18 minutes ago, Shergar said:

How come buddy?

Danny

i think its the quality side of things. Arent US cows corn fed or something, and European's grass fed, so makes the milk better quality to produce whey. Sure its something like that.

plus i think US animals are given hormones, more so than Euros?

As above - US cows are pumped full of hormones which you don’t get in the UK. I don’t eat meat any more but when I did, if we ever ate in places that advertised that they used ‘USDA Beef’ (a few burger places in and around Manchester do) then I’d eat the veggie options. 

awful gear.