Sign in to follow this  
Jackoffblades

Anyone do trap bar deadlifts

Been doing trap bar deadlifts a lot lately. Iv always switch between barbell deadlifts and trap bar deadlifts. Did a whopping 250kg deadlift with the trap bar today. Think I’m going ditch barbell deadlifts altogether. Trap bar is much superior than using barbel only maybe your recruiting less back muscles using trap bar but everything ells including your traps is more so than using a barbell. No one else do trap bar deadlifts and think they are king? 

22 minutes ago, Jackoffblades said:

Been doing trap bar deadlifts a lot lately. Iv always switch between barbell deadlifts and trap bar deadlifts. Did a whopping 250kg deadlift with the trap bar today. Think I’m going ditch barbell deadlifts altogether. Trap bar is much superior than using barbel only maybe your recruiting less back muscles using trap bar but everything ells including your traps is more so than using a barbell. No one else do trap bar deadlifts and think they are king? 

they have their place and can be useful, but they're certainly not king over BB, not even close .. what are you basing this off, just being able to pull more weight? everyone can pull more with a trap bar

12 minutes ago, JLawson90 said:

they have their place and can be useful, but they're certainly not king over BB, not even close .. what are you basing this off, just being able to pull more weight? everyone can pull more with a trap bar

It just feels like it recruits more muscles other than like I say back 

36 minutes ago, Jackoffblades said:

It just feels like it recruits more muscles other than like I say back 

it does recruit different muscles, but I wouldnt say more .. trap bar is more quad dominant and you may feel it more in the upper traps due to being more upright .. but done properly the BB deadlift is more hamstring/glute dominant, but also includes almost every muscle in your back as well as your core