Sign in to follow this  
sean m

Testosterone levels to get benefits

My trt (100mg/week)  has pushed my levels from 10 up to 30 so a good jump . Still just about in the "normal " range. 

I'm definitely getting a bit leaner and have added a couple of kg body weight (73kg)so heading the right way. Only eat around 2000cals a day as have always been skinny fat and still have a little belly.

What aprox testosterone levels would be good to aim for if I start a light test only cycle  ?  And would  200 or 300mg/week be enough.  Quite concerned about aromatisation as even at 100mg I had sensitive nips and use low does Ai. 

200 or 300 a week will definitely see a massive improvement. I’m an old c**t like you and have found that 150 a week is better than natural. If you are long term trt then you don’t need to worry about a 12 week window before 12 week recovery period. Point being is any amount causes total shutdown so if you are going to shut yourself down you might as well do 2 mil per week to make sure you maximise whilst you can in the 12 week cycle window.

I’m going to stick my neck out here for criticism but as you are older/more sensible the way forward if you suffer e2 issues is go with something that doesn’t aromatise or aromatise as much. Maybe try adding nandrolone to your trt dose. 300 npp per week split over 2 jabs. You’d be unfortunate to experience issues with that. Or learn e2 control on higher test doses.

36 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

200 or 300 a week will definitely see a massive improvement. I’m an old c**t like you and have found that 150 a week is better than natural. If you are long term trt then you don’t need to worry about a 12 week window before 12 week recovery period. Point being is any amount causes total shutdown so if you are going to shut yourself down you might as well do 2 mil per week to make sure you maximise whilst you can in the 12 week cycle window.

I’m going to stick my neck out here for criticism but as you are older/more sensible the way forward if you suffer e2 issues is go with something that doesn’t aromatise or aromatise as much. Maybe try adding nandrolone to your trt dose. 300 npp per week split over 2 jabs. You’d be unfortunate to experience issues with that. Or learn e2 control on higher test doses.

I'll have a read through STs  thread about nandrolone as I've never considered anything other than just a bit more testosterone.  

On 15/03/2020 at 10:24 PM, Sasnak said:

Hi @Sasnak   A bit of an old thread i know, but can i ask you a question?  In what way are you feeling better than natural on 150mg test a week?  I know you've written in the past that at your natty levels of around 12ish nmol, you feel fine, no issues etc.  So what extra benefit to life do you personally get from your diy trt?  I'm guessing you'd do it anyway because you also cycle and don't want to pct now, but just curious as i'm still on the fence with regards to my own situation (last test in June was 10.5nmol, LH i think 4.8).  Cheers buddy.

Also, same question for @sean m  Your pre trt levels were the same as mine -has it been 'life changing' for you?  What symptoms were you having that have now gone since starting?

32 minutes ago, Seppuku71 said:

i know, but can i ask you a question?

It’s a bit more complicated than the reasons I give on here. I don’t want people applying my individual circumstances to themselves and potentially giving hypogonadism.

I’ll write up a detailed reply and pm you later.

21 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

It’s a bit more complicated than the reasons I give on here. I don’t want people applying my individual circumstances to themselves and potentially giving hypogonadism.

I’ll write up a detailed reply and pm you later.

Cheers matey, i appreciate that thanks.

On 15/03/2020 at 10:00 PM, sean m said:

My trt (100mg/week)  has pushed my levels from 10 up to 30 so a good jump . Still just about in the "normal " range. 

I'm definitely getting a bit leaner and have added a couple of kg body weight (73kg)so heading the right way. Only eat around 2000cals a day as have always been skinny fat and still have a little belly.

What aprox testosterone levels would be good to aim for if I start a light test only cycle  ?  And would  200 or 300mg/week be enough.  Quite concerned about aromatisation as even at 100mg I had sensitive nips and use low does Ai. 

300-350 imo is the best doseage range to see the best results with little likelihood of side effects or need to use an AI

300test/300mast is a very nice little cycle

Edit...just read properly lol sorry it's early

Just add 20mg nolva to protect against gyno. Easy mate :thumb

12 hours ago, Seppuku71 said:

Hi @Sasnak   A bit of an old thread i know, but can i ask you a question?  In what way are you feeling better than natural on 150mg test a week?  I know you've written in the past that at your natty levels of around 12ish nmol, you feel fine, no issues etc.  So what extra benefit to life do you personally get from your diy trt?  I'm guessing you'd do it anyway because you also cycle and don't want to pct now, but just curious as i'm still on the fence with regards to my own situation (last test in June was 10.5nmol, LH i think 4.8).  Cheers buddy.

Also, same question for @sean m  Your pre trt levels were the same as mine -has it been 'life changing' for you?  What symptoms were you having that have now gone since starting?

Hi.  Not a "life changing " difference for me. Finally seeing some return for the time I spend training and eating right. Still only a small guy but feel my gym time isn't  a total waste of time. 

Various times I'd been put on anti depressants but never found they helped and couldn't live with how they made me feel. But after 6 months of trt no longer felt I needed the drugs. (Tho going through dark days at the moment ).

I have been considering whether the cost of trt  (through TMHC) and the 2 jabs everyday are wort it. 

If you do start trt I'd say also use hcg as if you decide it's not for you it makes it easier to come off again. 

I'm also still on the edge of thinking trt helped a bit but a 300mg cycle would be better for gains and would be cheaper to self medicate than paying for "private " treatment. 

17 hours ago, sean m said:

Hi.  Not a "life changing " difference for me. Finally seeing some return for the time I spend training and eating right. Still only a small guy but feel my gym time isn't  a total waste of time. 

Various times I'd been put on anti depressants but never found they helped and couldn't live with how they made me feel. But after 6 months of trt no longer felt I needed the drugs. (Tho going through dark days at the moment ).

I have been considering whether the cost of trt  (through TMHC) and the 2 jabs everyday are wort it. 

If you do start trt I'd say also use hcg as if you decide it's not for you it makes it easier to come off again. 

I'm also still on the edge of thinking trt helped a bit but a 300mg cycle would be better for gains and would be cheaper to self medicate than paying for "private " treatment. 

@sean m - thanks for replying mate.  I've been on the fence about doing this myself for a long while now. It's helpful for me to hear from people like yourself and @Sasnak as to exactly what longer term life improvents you feel you're getting from the trt.  I'm not sure why i'm so cautious about it, but something always holds me back.  I'll probably one day just think "fcuk it" , do it, then look back and think "i should have done this years years ago".  Either that or my cock will fall off, i'll grow boobs, and i'll think "why'd you do this to yourself you idiot".  Knowing my luck the 2nd scenario's more likely.

22 minutes ago, Seppuku71 said:

exactly what longer term life improvents you feel you're getting from the trt

I covered this in the pm bud. As stated previously I don’t publish my reasoning for self trt on the main forum in case it causes confusion. 

1 hour ago, Sasnak said:

I covered this in the pm bud. As stated previously I don’t publish my reasoning for self trt on the main forum in case it causes confusion. 

No i know that @Sasnak, that comment was directed at sean m as he'd just given me his own reasons.  I tagged you in because, well, i'm just polite like that :), and just wanted to point out that you'd also given  me your advice. I appreciate the pm you sent me, i was going to reply to it earlier after i'd written the above, but i got called away to sort out a conference room where the ceiling had collapsed in with leaked rain water. No offence meant matey. 

Public healthcare on the subject of trt is a joke, ive come to understand that england and my country is equally bad here  both are outdated on this subject and lack knowledge.

i would recommend doing it like ive done it, join some trt forums, read and learn and create a protocol that works good for you and your body. for me 150mg split twice a week subQ is perfect, if youre struggling with high e2 and sensitive nips you could try several injections a week to lower the spikes, luckily for me sensitive nips isnt an issue even at 500mg.

the ideal trt protocol for you specifically is one that doesnt require ai, many people swear by using hcg with their trt, but due to the low availability of it in my country i run without.

i wanted to go the normal route and get a prescription but after seeing the hassle, ignoracy and idiocity of what they wanted to put my father on and the doses i decided not to, especially when they said he would need to come off for Long periods so the body wont be stressed like wtf???

2 hours ago, norwegianhammer said:

Public healthcare on the subject of trt is a joke, ive come to understand that england and my country is equally bad here  both are outdated on this subject and lack knowledge.

i would recommend doing it like ive done it, join some trt forums, read and learn and create a protocol that works good for you and your body. for me 150mg split twice a week subQ is perfect, if youre struggling with high e2 and sensitive nips you could try several injections a week to lower the spikes, luckily for me sensitive nips isnt an issue even at 500mg.

the ideal trt protocol for you specifically is one that doesnt require ai, many people swear by using hcg with their trt, but due to the low availability of it in my country i run without.

i wanted to go the normal route and get a prescription but after seeing the hassle, ignoracy and idiocity of what they wanted to put my father on and the doses i decided not to, especially when they said he would need to come off for Long periods so the body wont be stressed like wtf???

Why doyou say no ai  ? 

Even on under 100mg split eod I need ai. Sensitive /permanent rock hard nips and high e levels on blood tests. 

On 17/08/2020 at 9:21 AM, stuey99 said:

300-350 imo is the best doseage range to see the best results with little likelihood of side effects or need to use an AI

300test/300mast is a very nice little cycle

Edit...just read properly lol sorry it's early

Just add 20mg nolva to protect against gyno. Easy mate :thumb

Nolva  20mg /week ?

11 hours ago, Seppuku71 said:

@sean m - thanks for replying mate.  I've been on the fence about doing this myself for a long while now. It's helpful for me to hear from people like yourself and @Sasnak as to exactly what longer term life improvents you feel you're getting from the trt.  I'm not sure why i'm so cautious about it, but something always holds me back.  I'll probably one day just think "fcuk it" , do it, then look back and think "i should have done this years years ago".  Either that or my cock will fall off, i'll grow boobs, and i'll think "why'd you do this to yourself you idiot".  Knowing my luck the 2nd scenario's more likely.

No worries.  If you have any other questions I might be able to help with just tag or dm me.  

I'm fairly convinced some of the "life changing " results some people get are totally mental /placebo.  But if it works for them it's all good. 

On 15/03/2020 at 10:24 PM, Sasnak said:

This is good advice in my opinion. It’s what I’ve been doing for some time. I am prone to gyno and I rarely get issues now with TRT dose plus Deca at 300mg a week. Well every 6 days as I think that’s the best way to stay stable. I’m 42 and I’ve never noticed any benefit from more regular pinning. 

7-10 time natty production mate you’ll see ridiculous gainz if everything else is on point.

73kg in amateur middle weight at around 10 stone.

Why not keep the test as is and run 300mg of primo per week. No need to worry about estrogen and primo is twice as myogenic as test anyway. Super safe and Conservative cycle that will net nice gains providing you've learnt to eat and train to progress