Sign in to follow this  
Weighdownlow

Reboot/recovery, Trt fertility attempt or crash n burn

Hi to all,

43 years old. Was 280lbs now 240lbs 

Using gear off and on for over a decade. Last cycle was high dosages of test and dhb. But have used pretty much everything at some point. 

When coming to end of cycle I was rushed to hospital for surgery for a non related issue. My mind was on the surgery. The pct which  was just about to start was put in the background. Was focusing on healing from the wound.

Surgery was in mid September.... Stress and twice daily visits to hospital as outpatient for weeks. 

Then Mrs says wants a kid....

Realised I had no lebido, had Ed...  Weight suddenly dropped 40 lbs as I realised my whole focus was on my post surgery and nothing else. 

Fsh, estro and test low. prolactin slight raised..  Maybe due to high stress levels last few Months.

Started bloods... 3 months after should have started  pct. 

LH 1.7 (1.7-8.6)
FSH 1.24 (1.50 - 12.40)
E2 5.9 (11.3 - 43.2)
PROLACTIN 25.60 (4.04 - 15.20)
TEST 1.63 (8.64 - 29.00)

System was clear of all hormones. All other bloods glucose, lipids, liver etc were all good and healthy range. 

Started

WK 1-2 HCG 1500iu week. 3 x wk 

Blood tested 

End of week 2 Blood Test Results

LH <0.1 (1.7 - 8.6)
FSH <0.10 (1.50 - 12.40)
E2 19.0 (11.3 - 43.2)
PROLACTIN 17.40 (4.04 - 15.20)
TESTOSTERONE 7.39 (8.64 - 29.00)

Test level went up from 1.63 to 7.39 but still just out of low end.

Week 3/4 due to response increased to 2500iu hcg Mon, Wed, Fri.

After 4 weeks hcg my test went up to 8.9nmol/l (8.64 - 29.00). So bottom of lower range. Lh and fsh had gone to zero due to the hcg.

Felt much better than before. Actually could get wood and sperm. Psychologically much better etc. 

Moved to clomid/nolva.. 

Week 5-8 clomid 50mg/day Nolva 20mg/day

WK 9 clomid 25mg/day Nolva 10mg/day

Wewk 10 clomid 25mg/eod. Nolva 10mg/eod

Now at start of week 7 (day 11 of clomid), did a blood test. My test had dropped back down to 1.7nmol/l. A minute fraction over what I was at start of pct! But I was told this was normal. 
LH had DROPPED TO 1 from 1.7 (1.7 - 8.6) prior and FSH to 0.85 from 1.3 (1.50 - 12.40)
and SHBG had jumped to 70.5nmol/l from 52.2 at end of week 4.

So while starting to feel better on hcg I switch to clomid and feel like crap.with numbers worse than at testing before hcg.

Psychologically very low, low mood, no motivation,  the usual for low T and e. 

Is this the end of the road?  My numbers aren't moving with the clomid and realise the plan made for me doesn't probably fit as I'm very shutdown. 

I've bumped clomid up to 100mg/day with Nolva 20mg which is what I used to do) so don't know if numbers will start to rise. 

Feel terrible. But I'll ride the wave if there's a possibility I can recover at some point.

Was thinking to stay on clomid at 100mg for total of 4 weeks with 20mg Nolva. To try and bring up lh/fsh numbers. Then taper down over couple weeks. And retest bloods 4 weeks post? 

I appreciate the protocol I was given but I think starting low dose has f**ked me. As I'm so shut down with coma cock. 

When being so suppressed should have starterd at 2500i.u. of the bat with hmg. 

Any suggestions on how long I can stay on clomid etc in attempt to try and do a strong pct now? 

Also should this fail after testing is that it and move on to trt or could you do pct again?  If possible I really ant to stay off trt for life.. But I say this knowing how long I've used gear off and on and the risks incurred. 

My conundrum is 2 fold... 

My Mrs is old. 43... So her chance sof pregnancy are very low anyway. 

Im doing a reboot to recover normal hpta but how long if ever will it take and will I have any sperm even.  Year plus if ever maybe.?? 

Or go on trt dose and smash hcg/hmg hope my dick starts working with the test and get some sperm and at least try to conceive after 3 or 4 months 

My fear is even on trt, no pregnancy and then most definetly no chance of recovery to normal hpta with test useage again.

I apologise for such a long winded thread. Anyone who's still here... Thank you.