UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Own up. who's been panic buying?

803 views 34 replies 20 participants last post by  Fattynomore 
#1 ·
I just got 48 loo rolls and 5kg of pasta and rice. Anyone else?

#9 ·
Not yet and I probably won't either.

House is always pretty well stocked up all year round. We shop on a Friday after work and it was bedlam in there yesterday.

No rice or pasta on the shelves and all toiletries and house hold goods were no where to be seen, we're down to our last 5 toilet rolls in the house now and I'm hoping Asda get a delivery next week.

Kitchen anti bacterial wipes have also vanished from the shelves, we use a pack a week and for 50p I've always chucked a few packs a week in anyway but again I'm down to my last couple of packs but have plenty of bleach under the sink so that will do for all the worktops and floors.

I can't imagine what they would of been like had our prime minister said we ARE going to lock down....

Danny.

#12 ·
always have a couple of months worth of food and toiletries on hand.

i only buy what i use regularly and as i use one i buy another.

have a 5 stage water filter at home so don't need bottled water.

presently here in Thailand you can't buy Dettol, hand sanatiser, alcohol, face masks

#17 ·
Nah, being a veggie I've got cupboards full of dried beans and stuff anyway and we buy 10kg sacks of rice from the Indian shop, so have a shed load of that already too.

Did buy a 24 pack of bog roll a couple of weeks back as it was on offer so I'm good for that for a fair while as well.

#31 ·
We're doomed as a species,

The economy is being shut down because of a chesty cold. THOUSANDS of people die from plain old flu every year and no one bats an eye, because its the norm. Governments around the world should be ashamed of what they're doing by running all of this scaremongering nonsense in the news.

"Public Health England estimates that on average 17,000 people have died from the flu in England annually between 2014/15 and 2018/19. However, the yearly deaths vary widely¾from a high of 28,330 in 2014/15 to a low of 1,692 in 2018/19"

I feel sorry for those who will be out of a job in the coming months, as well as the countless smaller restaurants, cafes, etc... that'll have to shut because of this absolute crap.

#34 ·
Yeah we are struggling to find any formula here for my 6 month old, we have a few stocked up bit literally every single shop around here has none, even pharmacies dont have any. Struggling to get nappies and wipes as well, I don't mind going without for a while but when its an innocent baby then it boils my piss. There is no reason to be panic buying anything and the dumb****s who are doing it should have it all taken off them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.