Sign in to follow this  
DORIAN

Bicep ez curl v hammer bar curl ?

really is much of a muchness 

if you want some more brachialis then hammer curls but likely at the cost of a bit of bicep 

I think if pushed just to pick one I'd say a supinating dumbbell curl whereby the dumbbell starts at your side in a hammer grip position and you slowly curl the weight up so that the end of the dumbbell that was facing toward your back in the hammer position is now facing toward the front of your neck in the contracted position. 

3 minutes ago, swole troll said:

a supinating dumbbell curl whereby the dumbbell starts at your side in a hammer grip position and you slowly curl the weight up so that the end of the dumbbell that was facing toward your back in the hammer position is now facing toward the front of your neck in the contracted position. 

This is pretty much all I've used for biceps for many years now.

3 best exercises for biceps imo;

EZ bar preacher

Sitting dumbell curl with the bench back a bit

Sitting concentration curl

With those i can use less weight and still get a great stretch and pump. Heavy straight bar curls are a thing of the past now for me due to several injuries and issues but the above works fine for me.

21 minutes ago, Mingster said:

This is pretty much all I've used for biceps for many years now.

Likewise, It causes me the least elbow issues (none) whilst getting a decent mind to muscle connection and working all functions of the bicep.

Conversely IMO straight barbell curls, elbow pain, crappy rom, bigger tendency to cheat the rep and only works flexion.