Sign in to follow this  
Glacial

Problem with nebido after three years

Hello guys, i been having trouble with nebido. Been losing energy and gaining fat the last 6-7 months. I thought maybe the dose was too weak I been injecting every 9-11 weeks depending on how i feel. And gym has not been going well, with constant joint pains or lack of energy. 

Since i started i gained about 6 kg or around 15 pounds in fat. 

At December i thought now I'm gonna do a real blast and injected after 4 weeks and was gonna go real serious with diet and gym. And i think i trained for 1 week before i went to hell.

Got deep anxiety and felt extremely low and wanted to avoid social interaction, got muscle and joint pain, felt like constant flue. After almost 11 weeks i to my next injection and felt a bit better every week it got out of my system. 

My theory is estrogen f**ked up big time. 

I have a really bad experience with doctors i got it to increase libido but also to get more energy being very tired a lot of the time, im over 40 so the doc said ok. But now in 3 years i never done a blood test and when i been to doc because other reasons they question why I took testosterone, I don't look like a bodybuilder more skinny fat, so I said I wanna f**k my wife a bit straight to shut her up. Cause I hate being questioned by a doctor who don't know s**t about me and especially not about testosterone since its a bit tabu. 

So now i have to fix this, is there any way without Ai ?  I am 194 pounds and I should be closer 160 pounds consider my body.  I'm a bit over 6 feet. 

Is it true my fat also converts to estrogen making it harder to lose weight and interact with testosterone in a negative way?

So if my estrogen is high and get high when it spikes how can i counter it? 

I asume when my fat is lower i will feel better and also be easier to gain muscle and not gain fat?

Body fat will turn some of the testosterone into estrogen.  Injecting bigger doses of test will cause bigger spikes in estrogen as your body will try to get the balance back down. 

Get a full blood check done  (medicheck ) .

Do down the local bodybuilding gym (not one of the commercial type ones) and ask someone for some nolva. They'll have some

is this prescribed therapy?

sounds to me like you are pissing about with self admin and have messed it up

your shots should be spaced according to your levels at set weeks (not 9-11 weeks)

you will be confusing your system by doing what you are doing (having shots whenever you feel like it rather than going on your trough numbers)

without doing bloodwork all you are doing is messing about

what you need to do is stop messing about and stay on the protocol that was prescribed by your endo - because you dont know what you are doing by yourself.

Hi and thank you for all answers, yes it's on prescription, i am not a fit guy more skinny fat, and actually trained more before trt. I am above 40 and thought maybe trt would fix my energy and help me build muscles and lose fat. But I been having a lot of ups and downs.

Since my wife is a nurse she do the injections, I don't like it to care center get some nurse who is not used to this and showing my butt :)

It wasn't an endocrinologist who prescribed it, it was a general practitioner or what is it called in English. He was also retired working extra so he's not there anymore.

I feel that im questioned and looked weirdly at for taking this by doctors since they have little knowledge about it. 

I feel like Mr assface said some nolva or ai could work, but i want it legally then, not messing about. I don't want to break the law to get something that might work i rather wish i could fix this without ai since everywhere i read it is hard to dose correctly and many shut down their estrogen and its a difficult balance. 

If i could use ai and loose my annoying fat and lose 25 pounds or so, maybe my body can handle testosterone better and not having this problem when fat percent is lower.

Since I'm in Sweden medicine may differ, but any suggestion what i could ask for, and also what can I expect to see. I have been very tired last months and barely horny before I would jump the wife as often as I could. It starts to feel like i was before treatment.

1/ TRT is precribed for people with low testosterone (primary or secondary hypogoadism ) , its not prescribed to ' build muscle and lose fat '

2/ yes A.I's will work if you know via bloods that you actually have high E2

3/  im 6'1 and 16 stone 8 (235ibs) and 50 yrs old (with a belly) - my body handles TRT fine

if you dont have a true hypogonadism diagnosis you should not be on TRT - end of  , its not some cure all you can play about with (which is what you are doing) -you will do more damage than good.

Sounds like whatever problems you're having is unrelated to your test levels. But then we will never know as you've never had bloods done. Ridiculous.

Hi all and thanks for the answers, i have now booked a telephone apointmen to the Doctor, will have to wait till middle or april unfortunly. I did also talk to the only mens clinic in Sweden i have found and discussed my problems. They said most likely i need an ai to get estrogen down. 

I did not get trt because of muscle or fat issue, i got it because of libido which it has helped with till now when it seem to have gotten worse. I just want to work optimal and my sudden weight gain is weird since i weight the same for about 10 years. 

When i got trt they found nothing wrong with my brain or explanation why it was low, my SHBG was almost 100 and testosteron around 25 which ment my free test was very low. So i got Nebido right after this which helped alot. But now my body seem not to be in balance.

I understand your citicism and its difficult or impossible to make a real judgement without blood. So when i get my blood i will post them here. 

I also wonder by your experience if ai will help me ? I always had fat around love handles and on my back making my figure look weird. And i always been skinny fat despite working out alot before i got kids. 

Im a bit tired of this and just want to get my energy back and work out without getting no result, or joint ache.

On 2020-03-10 at 9:11 AM, aqualung said:

is this prescribed therapy?

sounds to me like you are pissing about with self admin and have messed it up

your shots should be spaced according to your levels at set weeks (not 9-11 weeks)

you will be confusing your system by doing what you are doing (having shots whenever you feel like it rather than going on your trough numbers)

without doing bloodwork all you are doing is messing about

what you need to do is stop messing about and stay on the protocol that was prescribed by your endo - because you dont know what you are doing by yourself.

Hi yes prescribed therapy, i see no reason to use it illegaly, im no athlet and never been. Symtoms was extremly tired, lethargic, bad libido, no result in gym which doesnt matter for the doc. 

First they gave me levythyroxin because i was tired and TSH was sligtly elevated, this did nothing and i used 75mg in the end with no result. So 9 months with this they checked my testosterone and SHBG which was low every time. But i never got any answers what is wrong with me. Just that SHBG is high and nobody knows why except the test show my hypofys is normal.  But the doctors have never done any follow up, except 3 months after saying my testosterone is now within normal values.

Steroids or Nolva / Clomid etc aren't illegal. They're prescription only. 

Prescription only just means you need a prescription to get them in a chemist. This doesn't mean it's illegal to have it without prescription.

An illegal drug to possess will be a Class A, Class B or Class C controlled drug, those are illegal. POM medicines are not illegal, even if you don't have a prescription.

It's important to make that distinction!

Also, TRT doesn't necessarily help you to lose fat and gain muscle (more than any average Joe)  because it's only designed to put you at "normal" levels of T. It;s not going to be anywhere near what someone who takes 500mg or more a week of test for mega gains.

1 hour ago, Glacial said:

Hi yes prescribed therapy, i see no reason to use it illegaly, im no athlet and never been. Symtoms was extremly tired, lethargic, bad libido, no result in gym which doesnt matter for the doc. 

First they gave me levythyroxin because i was tired and TSH was sligtly elevated, this did nothing and i used 75mg in the end with no result. So 9 months with this they checked my testosterone and SHBG which was low every time. But i never got any answers what is wrong with me. Just that SHBG is high and nobody knows why except the test show my hypofys is normal.  But the doctors have never done any follow up, except 3 months after saying my testosterone is now within normal values.

if it prescribed why are your shot frequency's changing? , they should check your trough level then set a timescale based on that- i.e every 8 weeks, every 10 weeks, every 12 weeks , you should not be getting shots 'between 9-12 weeks' .

once its been set they just need to check it once or twice a year and then change the frequency if it high or low.

nebido shots overlap and build up very slowly , for instance for the first  few shots i was sub 10nmol and the frequency was changed to 8 weeks (from 12) , after about 3 years @ 8 weeks my trough came back at around 30nmol and i changed the frequency to every 10 weeks (which keeps me in low 20's ).

most bodybuilders dont/wont use nebido for bodybuilding purposes , it just too slow and as a very long ester any problems you encounter are going to be around a long time.

stay on a proper protocol and dont mess with it yourself , if your test is in range then any problems you have are not down to low test , anyone taking TRT should not need to take anti estrogen medication (TRT is to mimic normal levels, normal people dont need to take anti estrogens )

TRT is not some magic cure all , 99% of peoples problems are not down to low testosterone (we dont have a low testosterone worldwide epidemic last time i looked )

Thanks for information, i thought maybe cause i had lovehandles my whole life, even when i was like 62kg as young and same height as now i was still "fat" then i trained kickboxing a few times per week for a couple of years. That as soon as testosterone flood thrue my system and get my body working optimal i would start looking like a "man" and working ouyt would give me some gains as well as loose fat. Well the doc just said 8 weeks, we never had any discussion about interval. Me changing it is because i didnt feel well and felt better when it was longer in between. 

I mean i should listen to my body as much i could right ? Its not that the doctor will ask or care how i feel or even do any follow up. He feels more like a pharma guy not caring about the patient. 

So how are you with estrogen Aqualung ? I if i take it every 8 weeks can my estrogen normalise as well then ? I know it build up slowly, what about 4 years or 10 years ? 8 week interval and then it will be extremly hight ? Or will you increase interval on doctors order after blood i supose. 

Just find it weird my libido is being affected :(

but i will keep going 8 weeks till doc say otherwise, i wish i could get the great result i see some get.

looking like a 'man' is mostly genetic

theres a hell of a lot more to libido problems than just testosterone

i keep telling you (and others) that you cant just guess things, you need bloods to check testosterone and estrogen and work from them -not guess or think that you can just change things by taking more drugs for no known reason - you are just going to damage yourself even more.

my estrogen is over range for about 2 weeks after my shot (over 200 )  -  this does not affect me in any way shape or form and i dont take any anti estrogens (you need estrogen )

this is my last post as you dont seem to comprehend the basic concept of what TRT is for and how to run it properly - i get the impression you are also trying to use it for the wrong reason (which is not going to work)

good luck with trying to get things sorted, though i think you are looking in the wrong place.

On 11/03/2020 at 9:20 AM, Glacial said:

Hi all and thanks for the answers, i have now booked a telephone apointmen to the Doctor, will have to wait till middle or april unfortunly. I did also talk to the only mens clinic in Sweden i have found and discussed my problems. They said most likely i need an ai to get estrogen down. 

I did not get trt because of muscle or fat issue, i got it because of libido which it has helped with till now when it seem to have gotten worse. I just want to work optimal and my sudden weight gain is weird since i weight the same for about 10 years. 

When i got trt they found nothing wrong with my brain or explanation why it was low, my SHBG was almost 100 and testosteron around 25 which ment my free test was very low. So i got Nebido right after this which helped alot. But now my body seem not to be in balance.

I understand your citicism and its difficult or impossible to make a real judgement without blood. So when i get my blood i will post them here. 

I also wonder by your experience if ai will help me ? I always had fat around love handles and on my back making my figure look weird. And i always been skinny fat despite working out alot before i got kids. 

Im a bit tired of this and just want to get my energy back and work out without getting no result, or joint ache.

You need blood work but I can confirm that I am on self trt and when I get my eostrogen right my libido is much better.