Hi guys,

I've currently been eating 270g of chicken twice a day in a salad wrap for my bulk and as I work in construction I have no canteen or microwave to warm anything up so it's the only way to get my 2 meals in the day while I'm at work to match my macros for the day.

I am now slacking in eating it as I prep it all the night before which includes flavouring it myself with numerous spices and sauces but it's getting too boring at the minute which results in me getting half way through and binning it.

I also eat steak but I have that in the nights after the gym and it's not nice cold in a wrap the following day. 

Ive also tried making it into a sandwich but it's still the same, anyone got any alternative to match the macros for 270g chicken twice a day?

Considering in buying a microwave for my van so I can take packs of rice and warm food up instead so can mix it up abit then

@Endomorph84 you seem to know your diets, any help be appreciated and other members ideas are welcome also

Cheers!

Have you considered pork? You can get a join of ham cheap, slow cook it, and it tastes pretty good sliced up and served in a wrap with salad etc..

It tends to have more sodium however.

You could also cut down on the size of each wrap, and add in a shake during the day to make up for the lost marcos. That way each wrap will be easier to eat, and you can get the shake down in 5 mins.

Unfortunately when it comes to eating meals cold you will get bored at times, i found that myself when i was working on sites, just try to get it down as fast as possible, eat quick. 

If you're getting sick of flavouring chicken mate then try flavoured mayo or Nandos Perinaise in your wrap.

Instead of wraps maybe try Aldis Malted Bloomer, its great. Wraps are dry

Sandwich filling combos I use that are high pro low fat are Cured Sliced Ham and Mustard, Sliced Topside Beef and Mustard. Just open the pack and slap it on lol. Or if you don't fancy any of them then there's always good old Tuna and Mayo.

As above mate, use whey to make up any loss in protein. Maybe even have a shake as an additional snack with a piece of fruit.

2 hours ago, Tonysco said:

Have you considered pork? You can get a join of ham cheap, slow cook it, and it tastes pretty good sliced up and served in a wrap with salad etc..

It tends to have more sodium however.

You could also cut down on the size of each wrap, and add in a shake during the day to make up for the lost marcos. That way each wrap will be easier to eat, and you can get the shake down in 5 mins.

Unfortunately when it comes to eating meals cold you will get bored at times, i found that myself when i was working on sites, just try to get it down as fast as possible, eat quick. 

I'm not to keen on pork mate, never been a fan of it and like you said can be high in sodium.

I think il go with your option of splitting the one chicken into 2 wraps and put a mass gainer shake in. I'm currently using mass gainer shake at the minute too but only half a serving post work out, I try to get my macros from food but if its getting boring I'd rather cut one chicken out and use the other half of the shake in its place.

1 hour ago, Endomorph84 said:

If you're getting sick of flavouring chicken mate then try flavoured mayo or Nandos Perinaise in your wrap.

Instead of wraps maybe try Aldis Malted Bloomer, its great. Wraps are dry

Sandwich filling combos I use that are high pro low fat are Cured Sliced Ham and Mustard, Sliced Topside Beef and Mustard. Just open the pack and slap it on lol. Or if you don't fancy any of them then there's always good old Tuna and Mayo.

As above mate, use whey to make up any loss in protein. Maybe even have a shake as an additional snack with a piece of fruit.

I've tried all the flavours as you can imagine haha and just really fed up, sometimes I cant even for 270g of chicken in a wrap. Il go with Tony's approach and add in another shake as I currently use half a mass gainer serving post work out so il use the other half in its place.

My diet is now

M1 bagel with peanut butter and coffee

M2 135g chicken breast in wrap

M3 same as above

M4 half serving optinum nutrition mass gainer (post work out)

M5 250g lean steak with full pack of rice with broccoli 

M6 other half of the mass gainer to make up for the other chicken I missing during the day which Is the other 270g chicken as I'm splitting one instead of having 270g chicken in 2 meals m1 and m2.

All meats cooked with olive oil, I also snack on alot of fruit during the day too, apples, grapes, strawberries etc.

How does this look?

13 minutes ago, Lloyd H said:

How does this look?

Looks good to me mate.

Im not a fan of drinking m cals tbh, instead of a mass gaining shake in M4 id rather have a Higates Cherry and Coconut flapjack from Home Bargains. They're 29p, have 550 cals and are really nice. The chocolate one is decent too mate.

4 minutes ago, Endomorph84 said:

Looks good to me mate.

Im not a fan of drinking m cals tbh, instead of a mass gaining shake in M4 id rather have a Higates Cherry and Coconut flapjack from Home Bargains. They're 29p, have 550 cals and are really nice. The chocolate one is decent too mate.

Brilliant stuff, il have a look at those as I like flap Jack's.

Thank you guys!

If you have time why not get some eggs and greek yoghurt in the morning with the bagel?

Start the day with a better quality protein, turn on protein synthesis earlier in the day, and take the pressure off of having to eat as much during work.