Sign in to follow this  
Jamie1986

Will BCAAs help burn fat while I build muscle

28 minutes ago, Jamie1986 said:

So what is the point in them do they help with recovery?

They stave off muscle catabolism during long bouts of endurance based training 

For someone consuming pre and post workout aminos (protein) and only liftinf weights for an hour or two they are useless.

2 hours ago, swole troll said:

They stave off muscle catabolism during long bouts of endurance based training 

For someone consuming pre and post workout aminos (protein) and only liftinf weights for an hour or two they are useless.

They do excel in one other area though that you’ve missed, n00b - they’re exceptionally good at lining the pockets of BCAA manufacturers.

(sorry for calling you a n00b)

Just now, faipdeooiad said:

They do excel in one other area though that you’ve missed, n00b - they’re exceptionally good at lining the pockets of BCAA manufacturers.

(sorry for calling you a n00b)

They also make water taste good 

Tbf that Layne Norton BCAA was delicious (scivation?) I got sent a free sample years back and it was so good I necked the lot pre wo which completely defeated the proposed purpose of BCAAs, so yeah moral of the story... They're useless !

42 minutes ago, swole troll said:

They also make water taste good 

Tbf that Layne Norton BCAA was delicious (scivation?) I got sent a free sample years back and it was so good I necked the lot pre wo which completely defeated the proposed purpose of BCAAs, so yeah moral of the story... They're useless !

Black stone labs did one that had noopept in which is fine on its own (I used to be fond of noopept) but you then had to either neck it for the benefit of the noopept or drink it throughout the day which rendered the noopept pointless.

Well with all that said ppl I had already purchased some and tried it yesterday during wo and it just made me more thirsty lol. I will finish the tub along with my prewo but wont be buying another. Thanks ppl