UK-Muscle.co.uk Forum banner

Shoulder pain when front raising/OHP

376 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Jordan08 
#1 ·
I've noticed I get a lot of pain in one shoulder when carrying out any kind of front raise and OHP. For this reason I've started to omit them from my programme.

As a beginner would lateral raises, rear delt flyes and Incline bench give enough stimulation for growth or should I open the purse and visit a Dr / shoulder looker atter?

#3 ·
I've noticed I get a lot of pain in one shoulder when carrying out any kind of front raise and OHP. For this reason I've started to omit them from my programme.

As a beginner would lateral raises, rear delt flyes and Incline bench give enough stimulation for growth or should I open the purse and visit a Dr / shoulder looker atter?
I ain't gonna go through it all but basically your shoulders hurt because they're following the wrong plane/ROM.

YouTube shoulder rehab stuff, yes it hurts at first but persevere with it. It'll likely be all rotator cuff(almost like rear delt work).
Drop all front delt stuff. They get hammered enough.
Try TUT for OHP 3-5 secs up, 3-5 sec pause and 3-5 secs down, 3-5secs pause. Obviously next to no weight needed. Do this for 4 weeks then slowly increase the weights. Pull shoulders(delts) back and downwards when pressing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.