Sign in to follow this  
EpicSquats

CoronaVirus - predicted death toll on UK

The main worry is for the elderly and ill. The precautions should be made solely for those people, and resources should be prioritised for this group. They make the up the vast bulk of deaths. Nearly everyone else will just suffer a nasty flu. 

Am I worried? Not for myself no, but we all have elderly or ill people we're close to.

6 hours ago, JLawson90 said:

only 3k have died worldwide so far, 90% of those in china .. I'm not worried.

Looks like 3000 / 7bn or  0.00004% of the population . Suppose you got a point 

And how many of those would have died pretty soon anyway given their age.

Not being a dick,just putting it into perspective. 

2 hours ago, JohhnyC said:

Looks like 3000 / 7bn or  0.00004% of the population . Suppose you got a point 

And how many of those would have died pretty soon anyway given their age.

Not being a dick,just putting it into perspective. 

Are people this stupid? 

Figures of silly comments  like this are obsolete ffs. It’s only been around for 2 months, and only starting to spread throughout EU, UK and US - not even got to Africa India etc. 

Let’s see in a year (when a vaccine MAY be around), or two, or five years. 

Guess what. On day 1 of a world war only 200 people died.  That’s 200/6bn....I’m not worried! 

Either Absolute wind up merchants or we as a human race have really reached the pinnacle and most are now mentally declining. 

1 hour ago, Devil said:

Are people this stupid? 

Figures of silly comments  like this are obsolete ffs. It’s only been around for 2 months, and only starting to spread throughout EU, UK and US - not even got to Africa India etc. 

Guess what. On day 1 of a world war only 200 people died.  That’s 200/6bn....I’m not worried! 

Either Absolute wind up merchants or we as a human race have really reached the pinnacle and most are now mentally declining. 

To be honest I think most people have veered way too much to the opposite side - being far too worried. Those who are playing it down are in the minority. 

Ultimately, the vast majority who have it have only come down with a nasty flu, more or less. Those who have succumbed to it are the elederly and those of fragile health. Mass hysteria of the general public is a disproportionate response, in my opinion. The media hasn't said much about how nearly all are recovering from it on their own.

The best option is to pool resources for those who risk dying from it, i.e the old and those with pre existing health conditions, as most of us who get it will just come down with a bad flu. 

13 hours ago, Devil said:

Are people this stupid? 

there's been over 100k infected, only 3k dead, most of those elderly or already sick with something else .. again, not worried

I'm in West Sussex and the Mrs is getting emails saying the kids schools "could" be closed as a precaution as some of the poshos have come back from skiing in Italy. 

I think the media is scaremongering and bigging it up wayyyy more than they should. The flu causes thousands of deaths every year but we don't seem to give a monkeys about that but somehow this flu is going to be the end of us. 

Just watching BBC London news and saw a Chinese student (male) was walking along Oxford street last Monday when some guys shouted ‘We don’t want corona virus in our country’ and proceeded the beat the poor lad up. He needed surgery to repair his eye socket. 

That’s fcuking pathetic that a group of men did that to a young lad (20ish but small). 

5 minutes ago, Dannylets said:

If you see a P sign to the side of the thread you know its full of bollox, thank me later.

Lol. You learnt how to use slin pins yet or has the ongoing struggle trying to bench 20kg still your priority? 

10 hours ago, PSevens2017 said:

Just watching BBC London news and saw a Chinese student (male) was walking along Oxford street last Monday when some guys shouted ‘We don’t want corona virus in our country’ and proceeded the beat the poor lad up. He needed surgery to repair his eye socket. 

That’s fcuking pathetic that a group of men did that to a young lad (20ish but small). 

Yeah but how else are we going to stop the Corona virus if we dont beat up Asians? You got a better idea?

12 hours ago, PSevens2017 said:

That's ridiculous - they exposed themselves to the disease by touching him.

Srlsly, I hope they do catch it.

3 minutes ago, Varg said:

That's ridiculous - they exposed themselves to the disease by touching him.

Srlsly, I hope they do catch it.

It’s the sort of thing guests from a Jeremy Kyle programme would do. Thick, inbred fcuks! 

On 3/1/2020 at 3:25 PM, Test-e said:

People are prepared to wear protective masks with a few thousand global deaths of one particular virus.

Yet far fewer are willing to wear penile protection for a virus that kills circa 30 million every year. 

:confused1: The Human race.

If they won't put a condom on just tell them to leave

13 hours ago, PSevens2017 said:

Think he was from Singapore wasn't he? Do you think it was the same group of men that sprayed "Paedo" all over that Paediatrician's house?

11 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

Think he was from Singapore wasn't he? Do you think it was the same group of men that sprayed "Paedo" all over that Paediatrician's house?

He may have been. Long day yesterday. 

Hmm, could well have been 

90 people confirmed publicly now although one would suspect many many more unofficially due to the nature of the virus

Very odd How the msm  is telling the public not to wear protective masks when you've had the Korean and Japanese governments saying p100 or similar masks are essential. You would think that they want it to spread, coupled with keeping airports to effected countries e.g. China, open. Hopefully for everyone it is not severe has now serious detrimental long term effects 

2 hours ago, Phil_tuggins said:

90 people confirmed publicly now although one would suspect many many more unofficially due to the nature of the virus

Very odd How the msm  is telling the public not to wear protective masks when you've had the Korean and Japanese governments saying p100 or similar masks are essential. You would think that they want it to spread, coupled with keeping airports to effected countries e.g. China, open. Hopefully for everyone it is not severe has now serious detrimental long term effects 

I think the masks are better used by infected people to limit them spreading it. Bit of tissue paper isn’t going to stop a virus.

19 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

I think the masks are better used by infected people to limit them spreading it. Bit of tissue paper isn’t going to stop a virus.

:rolleyes:

Did you not read the mask type I mentioned ? So why would doctors examining patients  with coronovirus have masks.  On LBC a Dr basically admitted that people shouldn't be using these 95+% masks because they may run out of them for Drs.  So, regular John Smith can be unprotected on his way to work is alright? 

27 minutes ago, Phil_tuggins said:

:rolleyes:

Did you not read the mask type I mentioned ? So why would doctors examining patients  with coronovirus have masks.  On LBC a Dr basically admitted that people shouldn't be using these 95+% masks because they may run out of them for Drs.  So, regular John Smith can be unprotected on his way to work is alright? 

Every fvcker is wearing them in Asia and yet it’s still spread like wildfire. Why? Coronavirus can enter the body through the mucus surrounding your eyeballs. Also people don’t know how to wear them and how often to change them. I doubt it’d make much difference whether you wore one on your way to work or not.

19 minutes ago, Jackoffblades said:

Anyone know where to get hand sanatizer from

Don’t know your market there but surely every supermarket or pharmacy offers them 

haven’t you ever bought one before?

11 minutes ago, anna1 said:

Don’t know your market there but surely every supermarket or pharmacy offers them 

haven’t you ever bought one before?

Everyone has bulk bought. :lol: