drwae

Death of a pet

Lost my little girl yesterday and my boy is all on his own now, never thought it would hit so hard she was only about 1 1/2, life expectancy of 10+ but the vets were unable to save her and it was all over within 24 hours :( I'm taking her to the crematorium today and I dont know if ill be able to keep it together

rip pal, only people that have never had a pet wont understand. They're family, my rents dog past away last year which I grew up with and she died at 10 years old, it does effect you mentally. 

Before, I used think that people who got really upset when their pets died were overreacting, as any time any of my pets died when I was growing up, I'd get over it pretty quick. 

But when our family dog passed away 3/4 years ago, it hit me like a train. She was fine one day, then all of a sudden she was thrown down and vomiting and very lethargic. Couple of days later it seemed she like was improving. I wasn't living at home at the time, and I remember I was a bit concerned and rang my mother to see how things were, and my mam said she had just passed away, her condition took a bad turn very rapidly. As soon as I heard it, I couldn't stop crying. I think I hardly stopped crying that whole day. 

Tbh even now I feel a lump in my throat coming on. It's weird, never been much of an animal person, but a family dog is like a family member. It was like a part of my childhood had died with her.

49 minutes ago, drwae said:

Lost my little girl yesterday and my boy is all on his own now, never thought it would hit so hard she was only about 1 1/2, life expectancy of 10+ but the vets were unable to save her and it was all over within 24 hours :( I'm taking her to the crematorium today and I dont know if ill be able to keep it together

Always knew you were a bunny boiler :lol:

26 minutes ago, lewdylewd said:

Always knew you were a bunny boiler :lol:

Must admit I thought this was a wind up too. Guess I don't get the pet thing. If it was an expensive rabbit and it died after 1 1/2 years I'd be absolutely hopping mad though. 

1 hour ago, drwae said:

Sorry to hear that mate. Very sad when we lose a pet. No harm in crying either. 

36 minutes ago, monkeybiker said:

If you're not upset if your pet dies you shouldn't really have pets. Why would you have pets if you don't care about them.

Where does that end? Hamster? Guinea pig? Goldfish? I can certainly take very good care of them but would I be upset if they died? Not really. 

20 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

Where does that end? Hamster? Guinea pig? Goldfish? I can certainly take very good care of them but would I be upset if they died? Not really. 

I probably wouldn't be that bothered about a goldfish but if it was a dog or a cat it would be a bit strange if your weren't bothered about them dying 

Anyway, I didn't realise there was going to be follow up questions, I don't fooking know:huh:

When my 9stone rottweiler collapsed and died 3 mile from home carrying it home was horrible. 

And nearly killed me as I only weigh 11 myself 

1 minute ago, sean m said:

When my 9stone rottweiler collapsed and died 3 mile from home carrying it home was horrible. 

And nearly killed me as I only weigh 11 myself 

That’s awful. 

21 minutes ago, JohhnyC said:

[email protected] sake its a rabbit .......

jez people are soft as s**t now . 

does it matter what it is, a pet is a pet, and you get attached to them like they're part of the family .. my  dog is my favourite living being in the entire house haha