Sign in to follow this  
Adam123

Test E subQ PIP/abcess advice

Hello all, hope everyone is healthy and enjoying life.

I have been on TRT for about 3 month now (self prescribed due to low T levels)

I basically get swelling of the area where i pin test e sub Q for a few days, once it gets fully absorbed it leaves a dark mark on the injection site.

I have tried rubbing the area which reduces the swelling but doesn't completely stop it, also I've tried test prop high and low concentration preparations and tren ace at one point which all did the same thing.

I'm probably just having an allergic reaction to something in the solution but wanted to know if anyone here has experience or advice on this?

Could be a reaction to the ingredients in the oil. Try different labs. Some people report this with sub q shots so try im instead. You can get im with an insulin needle in the deltoid. Back fill the insulin needle by drawing as normal and pulling the plunger out and filling the insulin needle, or use an orange 

8 hours ago, Adam123 said:

Hello all, hope everyone is healthy and enjoying life.

I have been on TRT for about 3 month now (self prescribed due to low T levels)

I basically get swelling of the area where i pin test e sub Q for a few days, once it gets fully absorbed it leaves a dark mark on the injection site.

I have tried rubbing the area which reduces the swelling but doesn't completely stop it, also I've tried test prop high and low concentration preparations and tren ace at one point which all did the same thing.

I'm probably just having an allergic reaction to something in the solution but wanted to know if anyone here has experience or advice on this?

Be interested to hear what your diy trt has done for you - how low were your test levels  before?  And now?  What has it done for your symptoms?  Any regrets, or best decision ever? Do you inject once a week or twice (if once, maybe splitting it up to every 3.5 days might help with the pip/swelling)?

How many ml per jab ? And how fast do you inject  ? 

I'm subq  only 0.2ml /jab . Takes about 10 seconds to inject much faster and it leaves a bump for the rest of the day. 

On 2/25/2020 at 11:08 PM, Sasnak said:

Could be a reaction to the ingredients in the oil. Try different labs. Some people report this with sub q shots so try im instead. You can get im with an insulin needle in the deltoid. Back fill the insulin needle by drawing as normal and pulling the plunger out and filling the insulin needle, or use an orange 

I will try test cypionate next to see if that helps and also get a lower concentration per ml preparation as I've currently got test e 300mg per ml so it could be the concentration but not too sure about this as i seem to react to whatever i inject.

As for I.M shots i'm using UG labs so don't feel safe injecting into muscle in-case an abscess forms the way its currently doing subQ but it's something i will definitely do if i cant get a solution here but will only do it after i've filtered it and heated it in an oven.

On 2/26/2020 at 7:28 AM, Seppuku71 said:

Be interested to hear what your diy trt has done for you - how low were your test levels  before?  And now?  What has it done for your symptoms?  Any regrets, or best decision ever? Do you inject once a week or twice (if once, maybe splitting it up to every 3.5 days might help with the pip/swelling)?

Multiple blood test shows natty T around 8ng/dl but doc says that's a normal part of life. Not yet taken a blood test as im still trying to find my E2 sweet spot, currently taking 1mg anastrozole on Mondays and not getting gyno or painful joints (reduced from 2mg a week as knees were hurting) Symptoms wise libido went up for while which was awesome as i had painful erections like i did in my teens, i'm 33 by the way. Before it was impossible to make any gains in the gym and overtime i was losing muscle mass which was being replaced by fat so was getting very unhealthy and now i'm basically doing the opposite and slowly losing fat while gaining some muscle. TRT for me was definitely  a good move as i now feel like the original me whereas before i was getting smaller, weaker, less confident, lost interest in sex, less aggressive and overall just felt like i was going down hill but now feel recharged and back to normal. unfortunately libido wise I'm not fully there yet as i don't know what is off until i do a full blood test as it could be my E2 or free T ect so any help here would be appreciated.  I inject 3.5ml (105mg)  mon and thu and did switch to m/w/f and i simply got a smaller lump so switched back as i didn't want smaller lumps all over the place.

23 hours ago, sean m said:

How many ml per jab ? And how fast do you inject  ? 

I'm subq  only 0.2ml /jab . Takes about 10 seconds to inject much faster and it leaves a bump for the rest of the day. 

3.5iu per (105mg)  jab through a 30g needle which takes about 10 seconds. I don't feel a lump after injection, it starts to swell maybe 3 to 4 hours later and gets hot so its definitely a reaction but hopefully not an abscess as it always goes down after about 4 days.

Do you use an A.I? what's your weekly TRT dose?

300mg/ml   x 3.5 ml  per jab ... seriously 

That's 1050mg  not 105mg .

That could be your problem. 

My  (Dr prescribed ) trt is just 100mg /week. 

I meant to write 3.5iu or units on a 1ml syringe which equals 105mg per shot 2 times a week so a total of 210mg per week.

20 hours ago, Adam123 said:

I've currently got test e 300mg per ml so it could be the concentration but not too sure about this as i seem to react to whatever i inject.

Swapping to a lower solvent like 250mg/ml would be a good idea mate, as would dropping your dose to 100-125mg a week.

Starting today i will inject 1iu (30mg) Test E ed and see if that helps, wont be dropping the dose as I'm trying to recover lost muscle from years of low T as it's messing with my confidence as i look crap at the moment, 200lbs, maybe 28% fat? and have a belly.

After some research i believe it's the high amount of benzyl alcohol that's the main culprit for the inflammation as reducing the concentration and the compound did not work.

Anyone know why libido is low at 210mg Test E a week with 1mg anastrozole?

x.jpg

On 2/26/2020 at 5:06 PM, Adam123 said:

As for I.M shots i'm using UG labs so don't feel safe injecting into muscle in-case an abscess forms the way its currently doing subQ

What, an actual abscess? or a bit of a sore spot. Sub q shots are known for doing this. If you are getting abscesses that need antibiotics your gear is probably contaminated or injection technique poor.

As stated previously, go im in the delt. I doubt you’ll look back.

Gear at 300mg/mil can be lively with post injection pain. 250 is an optimum concentration in my opinion. Test cyp at 200/mil should be really smooth. If it’s not you are either reacting to one of the solvents used or it’s rubbish gear. 

On 2/27/2020 at 5:38 PM, Adam123 said:

Anyone know why libido is low at 210mg Test E a week with 1mg anastrozole?

Possibly too much ai. Only bloods will tell.

I’ve said this time and time again. People’s expectations of libido on gear isn’t usually what they’d hoped for. I’ve never encountered this massive increase in libido that some reckon they get. It’s largely placebo imo. If you want to believe/feel your libido being sky high then that’s probably how you’ll feel. If you want to believe that your libido is tanked for some reason will probably feel that way

6 hours ago, Sasnak said:

Possibly too much ai. Only bloods will tell.

I’ve said this time and time again. People’s expectations of libido on gear isn’t usually what they’d hoped for. I’ve never encountered this massive increase in libido that some reckon they get. It’s largely placebo imo. If you want to believe/feel your libido being sky high then that’s probably how you’ll feel. If you want to believe that your libido is tanked for some reason will probably feel that way

As @Sasnak has said you probably won't notice a big increase in libido on 210mg of test. However, at 500mg I can get hard ons that won't't go down for about 40 minutes and I have sexual fantasy day dreams and I knock one out twice / three times a day.  It's kinda like being 16 again and I'm in my mid 50s. :thumb

Thanks for the help everyone.

@Sasnak Post injection the area swells, gets hot n painful which seems like an abscess but it always goes down within a few days which is why i say it might be an abscess but likely just inflammation.  I'll try I.M just to see how i react.   Libido did massively increase a day after i took the A.I which definitely wasn't a placebo effect as i wasn't expecting it and it was the type as @MBR says "it's kinda like being 16 again" so i think there's a sweetspot that i need to find and right now I've either got too much E2 or too little but somewhere in-between it's just right for me which luckily can be found on TRT doses but like you say I'll only know after a blood test which is in a month time.

You like to create a lot of hassle for yourself. Just pin IM once a week or even once every two weeks. Millions of people are using UG gear and no one's limbs are falling off. I haven't had a single abscess from a jab of UG gear.

Update: I decided to stop being a little b**** and started pinning I.M.

At first i got PIP due to virgin muscles and volume of oil so i switched to pinning smaller amounts EOD,  4 weeks in and i no longer get PIP when injecting into muscles I've previously used so virgin muscle is a thing, libido is up which means the test i pinned subQ was being absorbed very slowly or possibly rejected.

As the TE is absorbed much quicker it is probably converting to E2 much faster so i require an A.I e5d instead or e7d.

My scalp is itchier and some hair falls out which indicates i now have a good amount of DHT in the system (using Nizoral daily completely stops this)

Conclusion: SubQ worked for a while for me but caused scar tissue/necrosis buildup as i was reacting to the oil, BA, BB ect which further slowed the absorption which increased scarring/necrosis so only pin Subq if its from the pharmacy or if you dont react to it.

Thank you all for helping me get to the bottom of this.:thumb