MV Owner

Looking perhaps a bit flatter

Hi All,

After coming from a jogging background of 8 miles every 4 days with about 17% bodyfat (down from 28%) I have been working out for 9 weeks now and have been using advise from a very helpful forum member.  I have religously stuck to his suggested routine and all seems to be going well.  I do not want to bombard him with questions  directly via email hence raising the following here on this helpful forum.

Around 3 weeks ago, I started to track my diet using myfitnesspal which was 2200 calories per day with averages of  37% carbs, 27% fat and 36% protein against targets of 46% carbs, 22% fat and 32% protein.  I was consuming 1.1g protein per lb of bodyweight.  I began to increase weight perhaps too quickly but considered this was perhaps a bit fatty weight (perhaps I panicked) as it went on around my hips and waist so dropped down to around 1800 calories per day with averages of 40% carbs, 21% fat and 39% protein against targets of of 45% carbs, 20% fat and 35% protein.

With this decrease in calories, the weight is beginning to fall off at around 0.8kg per week which seems to be v quick but it certainly seems to have just loosened fat at the hips slightly.  Perhaps my redcution from 2200 calories to 1800 calories was too large.  Perhaps it should have been around 2000 calories.

Perhaps crucially, yesterday, like every Friday I ran 4.5 miles (which I was doing once a week and have now decided to cease) but today I seem to look alot 'flatter' than normal.  I would appreciate thoughts on whether my muscles could be depleted in glycogen, the weight is coming off too fast, its just in my head or is something else?!?!?!  If I have understood my good friend correctly, it could be the glycogen but like I said I dont want to hassle him.

Cheers

MV

Any help would be very greatly appreciated people but I think Ie answered by own question.  I am going to go about 2000 calories and cut out my running and perhaps this will make me loose the 'flatened look' I have had since dropping from 2200 calories to 1800.

I believe removing my once a week run of 4.5 miles will also assist

hi mv, I think I replied to another post of yours in which you were concerned about fat gain. 

I can appreciate that you have lost body fat and my be concerned about regaining it and undoing all your hard work, however...you must pick a goal and go with it until it is complete.  be that leaning out or bulking up.  if you plan on building muscle I just don't see how 1800 cals would be enough. I say pick a goal and say screw it, I am seeing this through until the end and then reassess. give yourself time though, if you're gonna cut, give it a few months. gonna bulk? give it atleast 4-6 months (numbers plucked randomly from thin air)

good luck mate

Many thanks for your help Sabbath, very greatly appreciated

Since writing the post above, I have started to maintain a very precise calorie intake of 1980-2000 a day and is around 42 carbs, 38 protein and 20 fat.  With this precise intake I have managed to loose or gain no weight whatsoever, so I am confident that I have managed to identify the maintenance dose so this gives me something firm to go on.  I am going away on holiday soon, but when I return I propose to increase this intake to around 2100 ot maybe 2200 and plug away religously and see what happens but monitoring my progress all the way