Sign in to follow this  
bigaldevlin

Cage fight preparation

Alright guys so I'm not sure if I should post this in the training journals or whether that's just for the bodybuilding section. But I have started doing cage fighting recently. Got one fight under my belt already, but have quite a lot of experience as I've done martial arts since I was a child. But mma is deffo another game and a hard one! Anyways my sparring partner broke his hand so he's out for a few weeks but I thought I'd share how my bag work is going that I did this week. Next fight should be November but may try get one sooner. Any thoughts or questions feel free :)

On 26/03/2020 at 3:26 PM, Dadbod2020 said:

Just found this thread, lookin like a beast Al 

Cheers mate getting there!! Was training 3 times a day until the corona got out of hand but been doing my apocolypse style workouts at home haha lifting garden stones etcc. Having a good set of workouts tbh!! The Gym never dies -hope you are well and safe mate :)

On 26/03/2020 at 3:50 PM, Sasnak said:

I’m taking up cage fighting too, we’ll sort of. Mine will be in the living room though. It will start as soon as it rains when me, the Mrs and kids are all confined to said room under the covid lockdown 

Yea the covid lockdown is a good excuse to start stuff up :) I'm having to change my training around a little bit but am having some good workouts. Improvising etc.. I have the training sessions up as videos (in training log section) in case it gives you any ideas :) hope you and your family stay safe and well :)

18 hours ago, bigaldevlin said:

Cheers mate getting there!! Was training 3 times a day until the corona got out of hand but been doing my apocolypse style workouts at home haha lifting garden stones etcc. Having a good set of workouts tbh!! The Gym never dies -hope you are well and safe mate :)

That's the spirit brother.  At least you're staying active, I've got my makeshift garden "gym" setup with paint tins filled with sand for dumbells etc. Going back into work tomorrow behind closed doors going abit stir crazy at home. 

Stay safe brother 

On 28/03/2020 at 4:23 PM, Dadbod2020 said:

That's the spirit brother.  At least you're staying active, I've got my makeshift garden "gym" setup with paint tins filled with sand for dumbells etc. Going back into work tomorrow behind closed doors going abit stir crazy at home. 

Stay safe brother 

You too mate stay safe!

And garden workouts are turning out to be pretty fun haha