Sign in to follow this  
faangs

Protein Juice?

My diet to maintain looks like this roughly: 

(1) liquid egg whites + whole eggs + oats + impact whey protein (chocolate) + fish oil + vitamins 

(2) water + ginger ale for digestion *** 

(3) some healthy carb meal + a protein source

(4) whole eggs + coconut oil + impact whey protein (chocolate) + more vitamins

This is working well for my metabolism / strength / goals, so I am keen not to throw in mass shakes or the kind as I am leaning out but keeping my mass. 

I don't eat meat/fish/chicken therefore looking to 'drink' something to get in some extra protein. With mass shakes, or even homemade mass shakes with dairy, I find my stomach bloats and I store more fat around my waist despite training / cardio etc. I think the lower sugar in the diet is also helping a lot. 

*** instead of just water, is there something I can use that basically make an orange or berry juice, but is basically protein. I don't want another 'shake' (i.e. whey/casein) because it becomes a 'milkshake' and back on the sweet side. But am struggling to find another protein source that I can just 'keep out' and sip during the gap. 

1 hour ago, faangs said:

bulk powders have just been fined for misleading health claims on some of their products so do some independent research on what you wish to achieve form a particular item.

casein is from milk and may well cause you  bloating. only experience will tell you this. above suggests you may be lactose intolerant.

test for a few days by avoiding anything containing dairy and see how you go.

personally i use trade ingredients soy isolate  24.95 for 5kg

Edited by unclezillion
i posted bad info

19 minutes ago, unclezillion said:

bulk powders have just been fined for cheating on protein content so i'd steer clear for now.

casein is from milk and may well cause you  bloating. only experience will tell you this. above suggests you may be lactose intolerant.

test for a few days by avoiding anything containing dairy and see how you go.

personally i use trade ingredients soy isolate  24.95 for 5kg

No, they haven’t - they were done for unsubstantiated health claims on some products, namely those containing nut butters. There was no sanctions re the actual products, just the claims made on the labels & in advertising.

58 minutes ago, faipdeooiad said:

No, they haven’t - they were done for unsubstantiated health claims on some products, namely those containing nut butters. There was no sanctions re the actual products, just the claims made on the labels & in advertising.

thanks for putting me straight. checked it out and changed my post :)

13 hours ago, faipdeooiad said:

Have you tried what I linked?

On 2/22/2020 at 10:14 AM, faangs said:

I use peptopro post workout and have never had any issues, its engineered to quickly move through the digestion system and be absorbed quickly.

Milk usually wrecks my stomach but I can use whey products as long as I don't use them all the time, you can try essential amino acids with some highly branched cyclic dextrin, carbs and protein in a shake which shouldnt cause any problems.

I've had a fruit flavours protein drink that was just like fruit squash.  Picked it up in Asda   . Not sure of brand maybe "clear protein " . Was on a deal for a pound a bottle. Think it was about 20gr protein. 

14 hours ago, sean m said:

I've had a fruit flavours protein drink that was just like fruit squash.  Picked it up in Asda   . Not sure of brand maybe "clear protein " . Was on a deal for a pound a bottle. Think it was about 20gr protein. 

I've tried a few bottle of this

https://groceries.asda.com/product/protein-drinks/asda-sports-nutrition-protein-water-tropical-flavour/910002954804

My gym was selling a similar product a while back too. It was derived from a beef protein I'm sure.

Yep, just googled it

https://gymstop.co.uk/products/nxt-nutrition-beef-protein-isolate-12-x-500ml-1?variant=31593612804193&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google Shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQiAtOjyBRC0ARIsAIpJyGMvhf6xSKhoMA2OLjyOEW8dugFy6uwRHFtLANwhlEgcvClk-o7FkGAaAqNtEALw_wcB

It wasn't this stuff but it was similar. I was amazed they made something that drank like a fruit juice, made out of beef protein.

Both go down easier that shakes but not as hydrating/refreshing as juice/water.