Sign in to follow this  
Jackoffblades

Benching without gloves

Anyone always wear gloves for bench press and when you don’t have gloves your hands and wrists kill whiles benching? All that weight feels like it’s crushing into my palm and feels like my wrists are going to snap it’s fricking grim 

2 minutes ago, Jackoffblades said:

They keep flopping back I want my wrists hard and erect

You have to tilt your hand forward so the bar is tucked at the base of your thumb. It takes practise rather than it being a lack of strength 

As a teenager I really struggled with bad wrists from bench pressing. But then I started not putting my thumb right around the bar and keeping it on the same side as my fingers . That way the weight rests on the pads of the hands and your wrists stay straight. These days they call it a suicide grip but I've done it all my life and never had a problem with it. 

55 minutes ago, Kazza61 said:

As a teenager I really struggled with bad wrists from bench pressing. But then I started not putting my thumb right around the bar and keeping it on the same side as my fingers . That way the weight rests on the pads of the hands and your wrists stay straight. These days they call it a suicide grip but I've done it all my life and never had a problem with it. 

100% agree with this. It's exactly how I bench and I very rarely have any wrist issues.

2 hours ago, Jackoffblades said:

Anyone always wear gloves for bench press and when you don’t have gloves your hands and wrists kill whiles benching? All that weight feels like it’s crushing into my palm and feels like my wrists are going to snap it’s fricking grim 

Gloves don’t prevent wrists from snapping, cuz. Need to wank less and start strengthening grip. 

2 hours ago, Jackoffblades said:

Also my arms are doing the splits because my hands are slipping right across the bar 

Give up lifting. It’s not for you. Start dominos instead. Thanks i

1 hour ago, Jackoffblades said:

C696F599-20AD-4671-89AC-5662046BDDA4.jpeg

Where’s the thick, pulsating, protruding  roider veins?? Tattoo looks like it belongs on someone at The Blue Oyster Bar. No wonder you’re struggling with grip.

8 hours ago, PSevens2017 said:

Gloves don’t prevent wrists from snapping, cuz. Need to wank less and start strengthening grip. 

Give up lifting. It’s not for you. Start dominos instead. Thanks i

Where’s the thick, pulsating, protruding  roider veins?? Tattoo looks like it belongs on someone at The Blue Oyster Bar. No wonder you’re struggling with grip.

I’m not a roider. And I doubt it because my tattoo is a sword stabbing through a baby kitten 

Can't believe nobody's said it already unless this is a troll thread. If you need gloves because your hands hurt and you can't keep hold of the bar. Gloves ain't going to help, learning to bench is what's needed, as something's clearly going wrong with your form.