As we all know oats are oats right?

But does anyone have a particular favourite brand or company the use?

Ive always used Quaker myself but been offered some Scottish rolled oats quite cheap down the gym this morning 5kg to be exact.

Always have mine cooked with milk for breakfast but I know some like to blend them in shakes or stick them in the fridge over night, how do you guys prefer them?

Danny.

Aldis cheap one for me.

Cooked with half milk, half water. add in frozen blueberries. Sweeten with golden syrup or honey, with a bit of salt.

Jam is also good. 

2 hours ago, Shergar said:

As we all know oats are oats right?

But does anyone have a particular favourite brand or company the use?

Ive always used Quaker myself but been offered some Scottish rolled oats quite cheap down the gym this morning 5kg to be exact.

Always have mine cooked with milk for breakfast but I know some like to blend them in shakes or stick them in the fridge over night, how do you guys prefer them?

Danny.

Oats are oats to me. Saying that, I only used Jumbo (Kavanagh or Quaker preferred). To me Jumbo makes a huge difference in the consistency.

I have over night oats every week day for ease.

• 125g Oats.
  • 200ml Milk.
  • 30g Cinnamon Danish Whey.
  • 50g Blueberries.

Put the Oats and Whey into the container your going to use and mix it up.

Pour on the milk and mix it all up with a fork then put the berries on top and enjoy in the morning.

for 100g Oats use 175ml milk and so on - This wet to dry ratio is optimal for the ultimate consistency and is *500 times more anabolic.

*if taken with Ananvar

4 minutes ago, Endomorph84 said:

Oats are oats to me. Saying that, I only used Jumbo (Kavanagh or Quaker preferred). To me Jumbo makes a huge difference in the consistency.

I have over night oats every week day for ease.

• 125g Oats.
  • 200ml Milk.
  • 30g Cinnamon Danish Whey.
  • 50g Blueberries.

Put the Oats and Whey into the container your going to use and mix it up.

Pour on the milk and mix it all up with a fork then put the berries on top and enjoy in the morning.

for 100g Oats use 175ml milk and so on - This wet to dry ratio is optimal for the ultimate consistency and is *500 times more anabolic.

*if taken with Ananvar

Is it as good as our wet to dry ratio babe? x 

I use Quaker Oats and I have a scoop with blueberries and a scoop of Greek yoghurt, handful of spinach,half a banana and water.  If I feel affluent I buy coconut water and use that. No reason, apart from a slight change of flavour.

I just use grower harvest porridge oats 

not a fan of rolled or jumbo. 

I'll have some frozen blueberries, 100-250g dry oats mixed with some sweetner, cover it in boiling water and wack it in the microwave for 1 minute then pour a bit of golden syrup over it 

Cheap rolled oats, with chopped banana and cold full fat milk .  have eaten the same breakfast most days since i was a kid.  

It's the same breakfast my dad always ate and also the same my son now eats daily.

I have really been enjoying my oats lately, Slow release energy and definitely keeping me full for longer.

Also as above I've been chucking some peanut butter in there some days but also loving some cold blueberries sprinkled on top on other days.

2 minutes in the microwave and that's a lovely quick breakfast before work.

Danny

Any oats, 100g blended, 80g whey, pint of milk and some mixed berries in my blender cold every morning (well 12pm as intermittent fasting) 

3 hours ago, jd said:

Any oats, 100g blended, 80g whey, pint of milk and some mixed berries in my blender cold every morning (well 12pm as intermittent fasting) 

Nice, I've blended them in the past too but I find eating them whole fills me up for longer.

Danny

15 minutes ago, Shergar said:

Nice, I've blended them in the past too but I find eating them whole fills me up for longer.

Danny

I just do it out of ease but this meal seems to keep me full for 4 hours so I can eat at 12 4 and 8 and not snack when dieting at 800-1000k a meal

2 hours ago, jd said:

I just do it out of ease but this meal seems to keep me full for 4 hours so I can eat at 12 4 and 8 and not snack when dieting at 800-1000k a meal

That's not bad at all is it buddy? Are you not clock watching for your 12 o'clock meal no?

Danny

1 minute ago, Shergar said:

That's not bad at all is it buddy? Are you not clock watching for your 12 o'clock meal no?

Danny

For the first week-10 days you are then your body gets used to not eating until 12-1 and you're not really hungry until the first meal.

If I was going on a 25mile plus bike ride I'd probably not stick to the fast and eat while out or before I went, even when I'm on days now and am up at 5.30 I'm not that hungry until 12

I'd rather be a little bit hungry until 12 then full for the rest of the day than be hungry all day when dieting

2 minutes ago, jd said:

For the first week-10 days you are then your body gets used to not eating until 12-1 and you're not really hungry until the first meal.

If I was going on a 25mile plus bike ride I'd probably not stick to the fast and eat while out or before I went, even when I'm on days now and am up at 5.30 I'm not that hungry until 12

I'd rather be a little bit hungry until 12 then full for the rest of the day than be hungry all day when dieting

Oh right think I’ve got you now buddy, so you have the oats upon waking? Then eat at those set times?

I have mine around 6am and then don’t eat until 10am but I could easily go a bit later than that if I wanted.

Danny

I've used a few different brands, but my favourite at the moment is MyProtein rolled oats. Great consistency to them. They stay whole rather than going to a paste like some.

100g oats

30g chocolate whey (mixed with 50ml cold water separately and added once the oats are cooked - back in the microwave for 1min)

1 banana

250ml whole milk

1tbsp cinnamon 

31 minutes ago, Shergar said:

Oh right think I’ve got you now buddy, so you have the oats upon waking? Then eat at those set times?

I have mine around 6am and then don’t eat until 10am but I could easily go a bit later than that if I wanted.

Danny

no sorry mate, I don’t eat at all until 12-1pm and after 7-10 days of doing this you aren’t hungry before 12 your body adapts to it quite quickly, makes dieting loads easier I only eat between 12-8 or 1-9 

14 hours ago, invisiblekid said:

I've used a few different brands, but my favourite at the moment is MyProtein rolled oats. Great consistency to them. They stay whole rather than going to a paste like some.

100g oats

30g chocolate whey (mixed with 50ml cold water separately and added once the oats are cooked - back in the microwave for 1min)

1 banana

250ml whole milk

1tbsp cinnamon 

I was going to try something similar, mix a scoop of whey in water/skimmed milk and mix that in once cooked and then another quick blast in the microwave.

I cant stand the oats thick and concrete like so hopefully with the addition of more liquid it will be just right?

Also bought a shaker of cinnamon which is quite nice but you only need a little bit as too much can be overpowering which is fine if you like it that way but then you wouldn't taste the other ingredients would you?

Danny

Use Quaker as well.

If I don't train in the morning then just put hot water, steal them and eat. If I train I blend them raw with protein and take before my training.

Massive oat fan!

Flahavans jumbo oats for me - fantastic stuff.

My recipe...

80g - 100g oats

300g egg whites

200ml milk

Teaspoon of vanilla essence.

Nuke in the microwave for 5 minutes then add the following...

30g raisins

1 banana mashed

Tablespoon of Maple syrup

Absolute food of the Gods!