croc1234

Blood work, Elevated Prolactin

So I just got some recent blood work and my Prolactin is elevated double the reference range

This is full natty as I'm not on any supplements or cycling anything. Other hormones look good, FSH seems on the low side to me. I could get some caber but I've used this in the past and although it crushed my prolactin to almost undetectable levels,  in the process it increased estrogen to high levels and I suffered emotional sides.  Any ideas what could be going on? Could this mean a tumour or is it just a natural base? my previous prolactin blood work before I dosed with caber was in the 500 range, so its bounced back to that, usually high prolactin means low LH and test.

I have no lactation headaches or vision issues. I'm happy with my test and free test at 30 years old. Always had a higher then average test level, it was the same on previous blood work. 

20200215_101936.thumb.jpg.d39b46e820e6a1171624dabcdebe92ce.jpg 

I’ve seen plenty of bloods posted in here like yours, mine included. Prolactin can be elevated by so many different things, the food you eat, otc medication, stress, possibly even pollution. Your bloods are only a snapshot. Whilst it may seem high it’s no cause for concern unless it’s in the thousands, which can indicate conditions such as prolactinoma as you suggest which despite being a condition that includes the word “tumour” isn’t a serious life threatening condition that’s easily treated.

I certainly wouldn’t be taking caber. Forget about it and re-test in a few months.

Thanks for the swift reply, much appreciated, my mind is more at rest. I did read stress physical and mental can effect reading too, but its nice to have an outside input. 

Cheers

Mine are the same buddy, been to the GP this morning for a NHS blood test and to see what he recommends. Will update after he’s phoned me back tomorrow.  I’m 27 and suffer from low T for my age, maybe this could be the missing link!

Mine are up at 900... might start my own milk business ?F808717E-B1CA-428C-80E8-3EC76CD31DE3.thumb.jpeg.d4d518a8f7fcdf99b5aebc42123d7cbb.jpeg

Had a re test a week later. My prolactin has dropped from 900 to 198.. @Sasnak is right, only a snap shot in time! Noting to worry about! Stop tweaking or playing with your nipples!

1 hour ago, Mujlos said:

Had a re test a week later. My prolactin has dropped from 900 to 198.. @Sasnak is right, only a snap shot in time! Noting to worry about! Stop tweaking or playing with your nipples!

What was your free test? Your total test is fine. Again, it’s only a snapshot but free test is the figure you are looking for. Your total test is low-ish normal but that doesn’t mean it’s not normal. There’s millions of men walking around with the same. If you are around 30 or older elevated shbg reduces free test. What was that figure. This is normal as we age. There isn’t anyway of reducing shbg afaik. You’d be mad to go on trt on those figures.

22 minutes ago, Sasnak said:

What was your free test? Your total test is fine. Again, it’s only a snapshot but free test is the figure you are looking for. Your total test is low-ish normal but that doesn’t mean it’s not normal. There’s millions of men walking around with the same. If you are around 30 or older elevated shbg reduces free test. What was that figure. This is normal as we age. There isn’t anyway of reducing shbg afaik. You’d be mad to go on trt on those figures.

@Sasnak Latest test below:
Free test with Medichecks on 27/02/20 showed 0.288nmol/l.

Had to guess using a calculator based on SHBG & Albumin from last time for NHS test on 3/03/20, this came to 0.303.

I’m 27 and have been tracking it for a number of years. See what you think:

49B8312A-DE63-4D39-9FFC-0051C2169CC5.thumb.jpeg.b97fa17add20b587abc0723dd8afe12c.jpeg

Hope you lads are coping with the lockdown. Interesting stuff to see prolactin can drop from high to low in a week or two. I haven't touched caber and feel pretty damn good so I'm not looking at the numbers too much. 

Mate I will echo what sunak said, 17.3 isn't a bad number at all. When I was heavy into boxing training and competing, training many times a day on a stricted diet my test was the same. Sex drive was okay, but once I stopped after my last fight and put the natural weight back on, test shot back up to what they are now. Test can also vary in time as well as prolactin.

Sasnak you can lower SHBG with aromasin. I have blood work to prove this. I dropped my from mid 40s to low 20's a few year back. It increases your free test to from doing that. I wouldn't recommend it but it can be done.

I also had a crazy high prolactin level on my last blood test. Was worried about it.  Turned out for me it was Caused by esomeprazole tablets that I take (for heartburn), so lowered their dose of that and back to a normal range.

Gp did say it could be caused by stress and even the anxiety of taking a blood test (if that’s a thing), can cause it to rise. . 

At those prolactin levels I wouldn't take anything except that there were symptoms like galactorrhea.

You have very high testosterone ? 

Before using medications to lower prolactin there are certain natural remedies:

-Vit B6: 300-600mg / day

-Vit E: 300-400mg / day

-SAM-e: 400-1200mg / day

-Mucuna Pruriens (L-dopa)

-Ginseng

-Bruise

-Ashwagandha: 450mg 1-3 times / day

-Cinc: 50-100mg / day

-Ginkgo Biloba: 60-360mg / day