Sign in to follow this  
Love_handles

Cheapest place for trt treatment uk

Hi Guys,

been on TRT for 8 months, currently with balance ky hormones (too expensive imo) 

I pay £180 a month for sustonan, Ai, HCG and levothyroxine. Is there any where cheaper in the uk? 

Thanks 

8 hours ago, Love_handles said:

Hi Guys,

been on TRT for 8 months, currently with balance ky hormones (too expensive imo) 

I pay £180 a month for sustonan, Ai, HCG and levothyroxine. Is there any where cheaper in the uk? 

Thanks 

You could look at the leger clinic, they have prices listed on their website.  

Or the NHS, which costs £9  a prescription. 

Alternatively the products you are getting can be sourced at a fraction of the price. £180 would buy you a years worth although you will only be able to get pharmaceutical grade hcg and Ai. The sustanon will be from an underground lab. Run twice yearly bloods through a provider like medichecks. The nhs is still your best route, however 

My advice if you don’t want to go NHS route would be to source your own, you won’t get hcg off the nhs, and the amount of time you’ll need off from work trying to get appointments and endocrinologist referrals will negate any cost savings you may get, if any at all. As UGL is probably cheaper than the NHS anyway 

Find a site that sells decent branded test, I use Pharmacom; the same source will sell hcg

You shouldn’t need an AI on TRT dose 

Regarding T4. Again can source your own, although, GPs can prescribe this without having to be referred so I’ll leave that one with you

But, if it’s BMH that’s diagnosed you with hypothyroidism (or even low test for that matter) I’d be wanting a second opinion as I don’t agree with the way they operate.

Making up their own reference ranges to suit themselves etc, it’s an abuse of the system imo. Also Having to draw your own bloods, and at your own cost... it’s a proper money maker 

*If any BMH reps reading this, and think anything I’ve said is wrong then feel free to come at me, bro 

On 15/02/2020 at 7:35 AM, MBR said:

Ive looked at The leger before, I might give them ago.  Thanks 

On 15/02/2020 at 11:53 PM, faipdeooiad said:

As above - NHS script is £9 and if you’re put on tostran that’s 2 bottles so just under 6 weeks 

On 16/02/2020 at 1:14 PM, CarrotTop said:

My advice if you don’t want to go NHS route would be to source your own, you won’t get hcg off the nhs, and the amount of time you’ll need off from work trying to get appointments and endocrinologist referrals will negate any cost savings you may get, if any at all. As UGL is probably cheaper than the NHS anyway 

Find a site that sells decent branded test, I use Pharmacom; the same source will sell hcg

You shouldn’t need an AI on TRT dose 

Regarding T4. Again can source your own, although, GPs can prescribe this without having to be referred so I’ll leave that one with you

But, if it’s BMH that’s diagnosed you with hypothyroidism (or even low test for that matter) I’d be wanting a second opinion as I don’t agree with the way they operate.

Making up their own reference ranges to suit themselves etc, it’s an abuse of the system imo. Also Having to draw your own bloods, and at your own cost... it’s a proper money maker 

*If any BMH reps reading this, and think anything I’ve said is wrong then feel free to come at me, bro 

Thanks mate appriciate the response. BMH are a joke they suck! 

On 16/02/2020 at 8:01 AM, aqualung said:

as above, if you actually need all the stuff you are taking the NHS is the cheapest you are going to get.

*looks like another BMH victim

How low do you have to be for the NHS to treat you for low T? thanks 

18 minutes ago, Love_handles said:

Depends on your area and how busy the endos are (hint - ‘very’). You’ll need bloods done by your GP before a referral then possibly more before starting treatment. I waited about 7-9 months in total

13 hours ago, Love_handles said:

Very low.  Under the low end of the ref. range, which when i had an nhs test in November was 7 - 27nmol/l.  So basically 6.9 and below. Get one over 7nmol and it'll be "bye bye, thanks for coming"

On 15/02/2020 at 7:35 AM, MBR said:

It says £19 a month which includes bloods and private prescriptions.. im guessing with what im on now surly it should work out cheaper? 

Thanks 

On 14/02/2020 at 10:41 PM, Love_handles said:

Hi Guys,

Thanks 

Gendergp

£20 per month, plus prescriptions @ £5 a vial.

Wouldn't touch BMH with a barge pole.