Sign in to follow this  
interloper393

Seated rear delts, push or pull?

On 2/14/2020 at 2:36 PM, interloper393 said:

I thought if weight was going away from you then it's a push but km not sure lol

I feel like you're over complicating it. If you are doing a push pull legs split then it would make sense to train with pull as the muscle will be used in rowing exercises but if you trained it on a push day I doubt it would matter much. 

17 hours ago, interloper393 said:

Anna this isn't helping PMSl!!! We will go with it's a push :thumb

But then it doesn’t fit in your back day as back is pull , no ?

just do a bro split lol

17 hours ago, Jackoffblades said:

I don’t believe there is any difference between push and pull

Push refers to upper body compound exercises where you push weight away from the body. Pull refers to upper body compound exercises where you pull weights towards your body. It's just a way to set up a workout routine, it's not an anatomy class. 

5 hours ago, monkeybiker said:

Push refers to upper body compound exercises where you push weight away from the body. Pull refers to upper body compound exercises where you pull weights towards your body. It's just a way to set up a workout routine, it's not an anatomy class. 

What I mean is push and pull only makes sense to your mind but it’s all the same to your muscles they don’t know the difference. There are no separate push muscle fibers and pull muscle fibers only. It doesn’t make any difference which is this whole push day and pull day is stupid and makes no sense. But also it’s a bit complicated but let’s say you twisted your head right round and your still alive those pull exercises will now be push exercises 

25 minutes ago, Jackoffblades said:

What I mean is push and pull only makes sense to your mind but it’s all the same to your muscles they don’t know the difference. There are no separate push muscle fibers and pull muscle fibers only. It doesn’t make any difference which is this whole push day and pull day is stupid and makes no sense. But also it’s a bit complicated but let’s say you twisted your head right round and your still alive those pull exercises will now be push exercises 

If you twisted your head all the way round you would still push the bar away when doing bench press.

Push/pull is not referring to how the muscles contract. It is just push a weight away from body or pull a weight to the body. You use a different group of muscle in a push to a pull exercise. 

32 minutes ago, monkeybiker said:

If you twisted your head all the way round you would still push the bar away when doing bench press.

Push/pull is not referring to how the muscles contract. It is just push a weight away from body or pull a weight to the body. You use a different group of muscle in a push to a pull exercise. 

But that’s what I said. Push and pull is only what your mind thinks it is pushing away from you and pulling towards you and that your muscles don’t care about either which you do. You use a different muscle group Group depending on the exercise it’s got nothing to do with push or pull. You use tricep both bench (push) and tricep pull down (pull), rear delts bench (push) and rear delts rowing pull (pull) when people say push day it baffles me why don’t just say back day