LethweiUK

My legs are in bits!!

I was training legs earlier this morning and during training I felt my legs hurting more than usual during squats.

I should have stop but instead I continued to crack out another two sets and hit leg press etc...

I can hardly bend my legs now!

I’m in bits:lol:

I’m walking around like I’ve got a stick up my arse...has anyone got any remedies?

I have Tiger Balm but I doubt that’ll work.

1 minute ago, Ekcabe said:

Bananas for potassium. Eat them tho. Don’t shove them up your ass. You’ll walk even funnier 

I’m not eating banana at the moment but I do have potassium pills.

I’ll neck some!

43 minutes ago, Ekcabe said:

Bananas for potassium. Eat them tho. Don’t shove them up your ass. You’ll walk even funnier 

People underestimate the importance of clarity.  I didn't even train legs but I was reaching for the bananas until mid way through your post.

1 hour ago, LethweiUK said:

I was training legs earlier this morning and during training I felt my legs hurting more than usual during squats.

I should have stop but instead I continued to crack out another two sets and hit leg press etc...

I’m walking around like I’ve got a stick up my arse...has anyone got any remedies?

Quickest DOMS ever. You’ll be in an even worse state come Tuesday :thumbup1:

Get a steam/sauna over the next couple of days. Daily stationary cycle (very light output). Eat clean. Plenty of rest. 

5 minutes ago, PSevens2017 said:

Get a steam/sauna over the next couple of days. Daily stationary cycle (very light output). Eat clean. Plenty of rest. 

Cheers bud! Had some Potassium and Magnesium so hopefully that’ll help! 

9 hours ago, PSevens2017 said:

Plenty of rest = sleep rest. I didn’t mean not moving. 

15 hours ago, LethweiUK said:

Do you not normally train legs ? Seems like it's virgin muscles which have been shocked by the intensity it's never faced before. 

If so don't worry,, it'll hopefully subside in a few days. Give them.plenty of rest mate.

1 hour ago, Lovelyjubly said:

Do you not normally train legs ? Seems like it's virgin muscles which have been shocked by the intensity it's never faced before. 

If so don't worry,, it'll hopefully subside in a few days. Give them.plenty of rest mate.

I had to lay off squats a while due to iliotibial band syndrome but I’ve sorted it now so it’s game on!

17 hours ago, LethweiUK said:

1. You train?

2. Sounds like you're boasting you squatted proppa 

OK jokes aside , this happened to me. Try electrolyte fizzy tabs during workout. And cardio not too much after - a fast walk is fine. Get some nutrient rich blood and oxygen in there.

After workout soak in a hot bath with Epsom salt (a quid for a whole kg).

Finally, you just get used to it anyway. One legs sesh max it it out. Next leg sesh vary the reps and kg.

4 hours ago, mrwright said:

Get back in the gym and squat even more until they stop hurting 

Yeah that’s what I used to do pal train them again and the next day they are brand new!

Off to the gym in a bit so it’s a lot better today but hardly slept last night!

1 hour ago, AncientOldBloke said:

1. You train?

2. Sounds like you're boasting you squatted proppa 

OK jokes aside , this happened to me. Try electrolyte fizzy tabs during workout. And cardio not too much after - a fast walk is fine. Get some nutrient rich blood and oxygen in there.

After workout soak in a hot bath with Epsom salt (a quid for a whole kg).

Finally, you just get used to it anyway. One legs sesh max it it out. Next leg sesh vary the reps and kg.

Squat monster checkin’ in. :redface:

Just been doing legs myself this morning and of course they never get easy - that's why we love doing them so much! I do sets of 15 ATF  reps and afterwards I'm so out of breath I can hardly talk for about 4-5 minutes. Got me wondering - I know weights are predominantly anaerobic but squats certainly 'feel' like they are aerobic too. What does anyone else think?

On 10/02/2020 at 1:19 PM, LethweiUK said:

I had to lay off squats a while due to iliotibial band syndrome but I’ve sorted it now so it’s game on!

Who Charlatan diagnosed you with that? Runner activities  cause that, not first time squatters/roiders who lift/roiders who don’t lift! 

How did you sort it; the ITB syndrome?  

1 hour ago, Kazza61 said:

Just been doing legs myself this morning and of course they never get easy - that's why we love doing them so much! I do sets of 15 ATF  reps and afterwards I'm so out of breath I can hardly talk for about 4-5 minutes. Got me wondering - I know weights are predominantly anaerobic but squats certainly 'feel' like they are aerobic too. What does anyone else think?

I agree, I do high rep sets on legs also. The trouble with it is along with the aerobic aspect of high rep leg training is also the high blood pressure that comes with lifting the weights. Not the best combination. 

1 hour ago, Kazza61 said:

What weight are we talking for 15, Kazza? 

1 hour ago, jake87 said:

I agree, I do high rep sets on legs also. The trouble with it is along with the aerobic aspect of high rep leg training is also the high blood pressure that comes with lifting the weights. Not the best combination. 

I've always believed a lifetime of lifting weights also builds a strong cardiovascular system and that includes veins and arteries.