Sign in to follow this  
Mylittlepony

Coronavirus conspiracies

2 hours ago, JohhnyC said:

On a serious note though the media reporting in the west is pretty bad. It's a great opportunity to start bashing China .  I see both sides actually and the reasons why laws are put in place here. 

I don’t disagree about the media in general, but where do you see them going wrong in this case ?

footage of this market shown is maybe not real ? 
the virus did not start from there ? 

On 2/8/2020 at 11:21 PM, jake87 said:

In Chinese markets they sell all kinds of exotic animals - animals that would never normally be in the same ecosystem, and these animals are in small cages stacked on top of each other. One animal at the top of this stack has a wee, which then goes down to the next cage, and the one below that etc etc. Before you know it there is a hybrid bacteria that has bred that then becomes airborne 

Is that the plot from some Hollywood scifi?

On 2/9/2020 at 10:46 AM, Kazza61 said:

Ever visited a UK abattoir whilst it was processing? It's absolutely fvcking awful. Piss, shite and blood everywhere. The beauty for us in the West is that the public are protected from that part of the food chain and only see it in nice packaging in ASDA. 

On that sibject i took my then 9yr old to Alaska to hunt and fish. Woke at 4am and cane came back.at 4pm with nothing most days even with a pro guide.

2 days we tracked shot and butchered and cooked.

I don't want them.growing up thinking sanitised clingfilmed 1st world off the bone chicken breast doesn't have a history.

It worked. They appreciate every meal cos they now know what we've been doing these past 20,000 years. 

1 hour ago, anna1 said:

I don’t disagree about the media in general, but where do you see them going wrong in this case ?

footage of this market shown is maybe not real ? 
the virus did not start from there ? 

actually lots of it is plainly wrong or blatantly misleading. 
(1) The doctor was not arrested nor detained, he was  cautioned by the PSB, its bog standard practice here. The law is comprised of Administrative and Criminal law. It was under Administrative law that he signed this form (he cannot go to jail ). It is basically like a police caution at the side of the road.  The exact same form he signed,  I signed a similar one (difference charge) twice. I have it in my house. I had to sign it to say that I was a naughty boy and just went home (forgot to renew motorbike insurance). The other one was I forgot to register my address when I moved house. China love a form. It was even written on the top of the form shown on BBC Channel Four and America media. The chinese reads, acceptance of responsibility and not an arrest nor detention but media decided to ignore the chinese written on it

The specific law is (中华人民共和国治安管理处罚法 Law of the PRC on Public Security Administration) and it states that you cannot spread rumours unless there is scientific evidence. It applies to everyone, social media , like wechat (their version of whatsapp). The law is there for a very good reason and that's to stop 1.4bn going into panic mode and running overseas buying out supermarkets, flooding the hospitals etc. Its a country with limited resources and its old people who will suffer as when then supermarket shelves run dry, they won't be able to get any food . At the time the doctor told everyone it was proven, even the WHO took weeks to verify it later on and they wrongly said it couldn't be human to human transmitted . Turn out he was right but at the time the police has to act under the current law. Sure the law has issues but no one could know that then

(2) The bat picture was proven to be false yet no media (well apart BBC) decided to publish the new information

(3) the impression that everyone here eat bats, snakes , badgers etc is  out of proportion. Its only in very few region that some idiots do. North China and the modern cities never touch it. Your talking like 1 in 100,000 people that might eat something like in the supermarket. The rest of china think them lot are neatherathalds 

(4)  The alleged cover up. The CPC (central government does not manage the regions. China is huge  and no way they can micro manage regions. The local wuhan government cocked up sure and was admitted by the state government publicly,   but at a state level the central government couldn't possible be interested in the original 7 sick patients in a town in south city.  Its like parliament to manage a wee hospital in the Hebrides . On 21st January, central government took direct control of wuhan and place went into lock down.  The apologised to the people live on TV (I watched it) it for the failures of local government

(5)The WHO categorically commended china for its transparency and rapid action and clearly stated there was no falsification 

(6) The accusation of numbers much higher that published. Noting that they can't  test 1bn people in 2 days thus they can only published  verified cases. Also if the numbers are tens of times higher that what the Chinese are saying, then it would have a far greater fall out in countries outside side China or which they have no control. The chinese themselves are very the very first day said it will be big so get prepared

(7) They are "damned if the do, dammed in they don't " The building of hospitals , forcing people into quarantine camps, well what should they do? Let all these people wander around the streets knowing that the contagion rate is very high for this virus , especially in a country where every eats from the same dish and do everything in groups.

(8) The photos  at the very start were badly represented by the westerner media, people lying on floors , loads hanging around outside, military personal. That is everyday china. I have been several times. The military run a lot hospitals called 军队医院  just like an everyday service. They are crazy places, loads of beds to a room. When you need to go to an XRay, CTC you see people dragging  grannies around on blankets , you get your own ass down to xray, no nurse to bring you. Further, if someone gets sick in China, they whole family turn up so looks like there are more patients than they are really are.

(9) There is this view that the CPC (Communist party of China) are run by a handful of dictators . There are 91 million people in the CPC and they often have squabbles on policy etc. I teach a lot of people , we openly talk about democracy v autocracy. Anyone can join the CPC

(10) the emergency laws that came in it days is was nothing short of remarkable yet media doesn't care about it. For example,
- an immediate ban on entering old people's homes as they are the very ones that would die,
- criminal offense to raise the prices of masks nationwide, - sellers have been detained already for it,
- must wear a mask by law in public (protects others),
- every from of transport, flights, car hire, train must be refunded in full (not possible in Britain as its in civil law), I go my holiday paid back in full
- all employee must receive full pay whilst being at home.
- nationshide map of who and where they have been infect, the name of the building number, shops they went to , so you know what to avoid 
There is no way pf getting these things done in Britain. we fall apart with a dash of snow, people will shite on about human rights , data protection, 

(10) The main point is that the western media can't seen to understand that the world, its individual countries and political systems thereof cannot by benchmarked to USA in absolute terms. There are very good reasons why laws are in place here,  and why the place is set up they way it is. A purely democratic system would result in chaos.  People are not brainwashed they love american TV, hate chinese tv, know who all the stars are etc. They overwhelmingly support the government.

Personally I agree with it, tough times - tough measures but UK has gone to shite. If this virus hits the UK hard like it has here, you are screwed

well that's a lot more than I intended to write... :lol:

Red Johnny signing out

25 minutes ago, JohhnyC said:

(1) The doctor was not arrested nor detained, he was  cautioned by the PSB, its bog standard practice here. The law is comprised of Administrative and Criminal law. It was under Administrative law that he signed this form (he cannot go to jail ). It is basically like a police caution at the side of the road.  The exact same form he signed,  I signed a similar one (difference charge) twice. I have it in my house. I had to sign it to say that I was a naughty boy and just went home (forgot to renew motorbike insurance). The other one was I forgot to register my address when I moved house. China love a form. It was even written on the top of the form shown on BBC Channel Four and America media. The chinese reads, acceptance of responsibility and not an arrest nor detention but media decided to ignore the chinese written on it

The specific law is (中华人民共和国治安管理处罚法 Law of the PRC on Public Security Administration) and it states that you cannot spread rumours unless there is scientific evidence. It applies to everyone, social media , like wechat (their version of whatsapp). The law is there for a very good reason and that's to stop 1.4bn going into panic mode and running overseas buying out supermarkets, flooding the hospitals etc. Its a country with limited resources and its old people who will suffer as when then supermarket shelves run dry, they won't be able to get any food . At the time the doctor told everyone it was proven, even the WHO took weeks to verify it later on and they wrongly said it couldn't be human to human transmitted . Turn out he was right but at the time the police has to act under the current law. Sure the law has issues but no one could know that then

(2) The bat picture was proven to be false yet no media (well apart BBC) decided to publish the new information

(3) the impression that everyone here eat bats, snakes , badgers etc is  out of proportion. Its only in very few region that some idiots do. North China and the modern cities never touch it. Your talking like 1 in 100,000 people that might eat something like in the supermarket. The rest of china think them lot are neatherathalds 

(4)  The alleged cover up. The CPC (central government does not manage the regions. China is huge  and no way they can micro manage regions. The local wuhan government cocked up sure and was admitted by the state government publicly,   but at a state level the central government couldn't possible be interested in the original 7 sick patients in a town in south city.  Its like parliament to manage a wee hospital in the Hebrides . On 21st January, central government took direct control of wuhan and place went into lock down.  The apologised to the people live on TV (I watched it) it for the failures of local government

(5)The WHO categorically commended china for its transparency and rapid action and clearly stated there was no falsification 

(6) The accusation of numbers much higher that published. Noting that they can't  test 1bn people in 2 days thus they can only published  verified cases. Also if the numbers are tens of times higher that what the Chinese are saying, then it would have a far greater fall out in countries outside side China or which they have no control. The chinese themselves are very the very first day said it will be big so get prepared

(7) They are "damned if the do, dammed in they don't " The building of hospitals , forcing people into quarantine camps, well what should they do? Let all these people wander around the streets knowing that the contagion rate is very high for this virus , especially in a country where every eats from the same dish and do everything in groups.

(8) The photos  at the very start were badly represented by the westerner media, people lying on floors , loads hanging around outside, military personal. That is everyday china. I have been several times. The military run a lot hospitals called 军队医院  just like an everyday service. They are crazy places, loads of beds to a room. When you need to go to an XRay, CTC you see people dragging  grannies around on blankets , you get your own ass down to xray, no nurse to bring you. Further, if someone gets sick in China, they whole family turn up so looks like there are more patients than they are really are.

(9) There is this view that the CPC (Communist party of China) are run by a handful of dictators . There are 91 million people in the CPC and they often have squabbles on policy etc. I teach a lot of people , we openly talk about democracy v autocracy. Anyone can join the CPC

(10) the emergency laws that came in it days is was nothing short of remarkable yet media doesn't care about it. For example,
- an immediate ban on entering old people's homes as they are the very ones that would die,
- criminal offense to raise the prices of masks nationwide, - sellers have been detained already for it,
- every from of transport, flights, car hire, train must be refunded in full (not possible in Britain as its in civil law), I go my holiday paid back in full
- nationshide map of who and where they have been infect, the name of the building number, shops they went to , so you know what to avoid 
There is no way pf getting these things done in Britain. we fall apart with a dash of snow, people will shite on about human rights , data protection, 

(10) The main point is that the western media can't seen to understand that the world, its individual countries and political systems thereof cannot by benchmarked to USA in absolute terms. There are very good reasons why laws are in place here,  and why the place is set up they way it is. A purely democratic system would result in chaos.  People are not brainwashed they love american TV, hate chinese tv, know who all the stars are etc. They overwhelmingly support the government.

Personally I agree with it, tough times - tough measures but UK has gone to shite. If this virus hits the UK hard like it has here, you are screwed

Red Johnny signing out

Yes , remarkable measures indeed , such as sealing shut entire buildings abandoning people to their fates , or locking up people in metal boxes 

China is still in the  Middle Ages 

2 hours ago, unclezillion said:

if you want to know what is going on in china check out a youtube channel called serpantza he speaks fluent Chinese, his Chinese wife is a doctor and he has lots of medical contacts out there.

What's funny is on building sites now, its pretty much compulsory to be clean shaven when wearing a dust mask for obvious reasons. This guy may as well be holding his hand over his mouth instead.

3 hours ago, JohhnyC said:

Red Johnny signing out

Ta.

11 hours ago, unclezillion said:

if you want to know what is going on in china check out a youtube channel called serpantza he speaks fluent Chinese, his Chinese wife is a doctor and he has lots of medical contacts out there.

Sorry mate hes widely known as s notorious bullshitter here . He doesn't speak fluent Chinese , only basic level, he's not even living in China and his wife is not a  practicing doctor. She has no medical licence to practice now, given she lives in USA. Every video he makes is just backup ed by "I heard it from a mate". He never offers a shred of evidence not verified his videos sources (could have been taken years ago). He never respond to people who challenge him with hard facts and published documents

Nathan rich is far better and offers .

Nathan rich is far better and offers .

There are sheep and there are leaders! ill put you firmly in the class of sheep!

what a load of bollocks! believe NR if you think the only source of news should be the communist party of China.

Ex-Scientologist Nathan Rich is a convicted felon and should not be allowed to work in China

renderTimingPixel.png

For those who don't know, there is a new YouTuber named Nathan Rich who is making YouTube videos directed at a Chinese audience. He keeps getting subscribers deleted(mostly because YouTube's algorithm detecting they're bot accounts). You can read his Wikipedia page here to see some basic information about him. Essentially he has made waves in China by making a video about the D&G controversy by mocking it; that video received over 20 million views in 24 hours, but more recently is gaining traction due to the pro-CCP/pro-Chinese stance videos he is pumping out. He claims to own a company in China and is currently working in China right now.

If you are wondering why anyone should care, it's because he is quiet clearly being used as a puppet by a company to spout anti-West/pro-CCP propaganda. Videos of foreigners supporting China usually do pretty well there, since people seem to eat it up on the regular. His videos feature perfect Chinese in the subtitles along with Chinese video titles, meaning that he is almost certainly having these videos produced by someone else/and or a group of people. I can guarantee that based on his pronunciation of the few Chinese words he says in the video, his Chinese ability should not be anywhere close to fluent.

However, if his claims were true, this wouldn't make any sense. In order to work in China you need to pass a criminal background check, but he has a number of drug related felonies to his name. This means that there are two options here: either he has some leeway in the government process of approving work permits and was allowed to have this overlooked, or he is working in China on the wrong visa. If you don't want to watch this 5 minute video detailing what his charges are, Nathan Rich was a convicted felon due to selling drugs... You know, the thing they're about to execute a Canadian citizen for?

So yeah, there are so few foreigners making pro-CCP videos, but the best guy they can find to do it is a convicted drug dealer/ex-Scientologist? Give me a break.

EDIT: NATHAN RICH, IF YOU ARE READING THIS, I OFFER YOU AN OPPORTUNITY TO COME CLEAN AND HAVE ME RECANT WHAT I HAVE WROTE HERE. IF YOU CAN REACH OUT TO ME ON REDDIT AND SHOW ME PROOF THAT YOU HAVE A VALID Z VISA IN YOUR PASSPORT, I'LL DELETE THE CONTENTS OF THE THREAD AND INSTEAD USE IT AS A METHOD TO TELL OTHERS YOU ARE IN FACT NOT ILLEGALLY WORKING WITHIN CHINA. This thread is the third result on google images. I have decided to add more context and evidence of Nathan Rich being what I believe to be a CONVICTED felon. We can start off by pointing out that Nathan Rich admits to selling drugs in this video. Selling drugs is taken very seriously in Asia and often leads to death penalties, especially in China. Nathan Rich regularly points to the opium wars as a reason for China's century of humiliation and, while accurate, is a little hypocritical of him to blame the West so harshly for when he himself is guilty of the exact same thing. A little introspection regarding himself and what he did would go along way before blaming others.

But on to the conviction. First off, the New Mexico court documents are publicly available. In his video responding to criticism, Nathan Rich simply states "he has no criminal convictions" and that "scientology were the ones that uploaded the court documents". I have found no evidence that they are the ones that have done that originally as these are publicly available documents. These are not very strong defences. The first one we have to take his word for it, and the second one falls victim to the genetic fallacy. While it is true Scientology would want to smear his name, it is a stretch to assume they have somehow faked court documents and made them available on the public domain. The content of the court documents is what is important, not who uploaded them.

so a qualified Chinese doctor  becomes less relevant because she has been in the US for a year to have her child?

Seeing i have lived in SE Asia for 15 years  and half of my family are Chinese I  suspect I have a pretty good idea of who to believe and who not to believe!

2 hours ago, unclezillion said:

so a qualified Chinese doctor  becomes less relevant because she has been in the US for a year to have her child?

Seeing i have lived in SE Asia for 15 years  and half of my family are Chinese I  suspect I have a pretty good idea of who to believe and who not to believe

Come-one mate, thats suggesting its all a cover up by the WHO as well?  I think they know more that an English teacher and doctor. Just because your a low level GP in say brighton do you know what's going in all hospitals  across a country with a population 30% bigger than USA, Canada,  the whole of the EU, Australia , NZ, Japan all put together ? Lets be fair about it . 

3 hours ago, unclezillion said:

what a load of bollocks! believe NR if you think the only source of news should be the communist party of China.

Perfect example, where did I say this? you read what you wanted to read and ignore everything i said in my post above. Sure I don't agree on everything NRich says  but he gives a fair view points that can be be taken into consideration and is providing evidence, which the other guys are not doing. So for example the bullshit about the 100,000 banquet seprenza says, You just says he can speak fluent chinese . Well no he can't because its says in the headline of the very same paper he shows to the camera 四万人. That means 40,000 people, that immediately jumps out at anyone who can read chinese. His chinese is bollox, 

I am in no way defining the government as a whole and happy to discuss the negative aspects but if people want a debate they need to back it up with hard factual evidence and take cultural aspects into account, and not that the WHO covered everything up. You can leave all those conspiracies to the flat earthers. 

12 hours ago, Sasnak said:

The anaconda looks nice 

Its a good example。 This gets published a lot about chinese eating wild animals and loads of people are spreading to around, yes it happens and sure its a total dick move but the scale of it needs to be considered and media don't think through their arguments . The population is 1.4 billion, if the majority of chinese were are eating this stuff say once a week , do people really think there billions and billions of wild animals like monkeys, badgers, alligators etc in china. David attenborough will be happy :lol: Its not to justify it of course, 100% needs to stop,  but its often like saying  all arabs are theorists, all black blokes have aids, all pakistanis are childmolsters, Just causes resentment and racism.

15 hours ago, anna1 said:

Yes , remarkable measures indeed , such as sealing shut entire buildings abandoning people to their fates , or locking up people in metal boxes 

China is still in the  Middle Ages 

Anna , again that's simply not true, they are not sealed shut and left to die. There are 5 near me alone that are quarantined , I can post a photo if you like next time I past one.  People are not locked  in with no food and water, the delivery guys come to the main gate to hand in food everyday, no one is allowed inside and noone is allowed outside the main gate . People are allowed to come to the main gate and pick it up. Its how I got my dinner every day here. 

The locking people in mental boxes to be brought to the hospital. Sure its grim to watch but what do people suggest?   it happened very quickly in an area poor as s**t (average wage 100 to 200quid perhaps a month, Beijing is 600quid a month ) and severely limited resources so they had to make do. It's not the standard practice at all. 5000,000 nurse and doctors have gone to wuhan this week including my gf antie, she volunteered. I volunteered. I would too as I have nothing to do now. Ambulances are rapidly  being knocked by the tens of thousands in factors at the moment and many are working overtime to help out. No one wants to mention that . 

4 hours ago, JohhnyC said:

Anna , again that's simply not true, they are not sealed shut and left to die. There are 5 near me alone that are quarantined , I can post a photo if you like next time I past one.  People are not locked  in with no food and water, the delivery guys come to the main gate to hand in food everyday, no one is allowed inside and noone is allowed outside the main gate . People are allowed to come to the main gate and pick it up. Its how I got my dinner every day here. 

The locking people in mental boxes to be brought to the hospital. Sure its grim to watch but what do people suggest?   it happened very quickly in an area poor as s**t (average wage 100 to 200quid perhaps a month, Beijing is 600quid a month ) and severely limited resources so they had to make do. It's not the standard practice at all. 5000,000 nurse and doctors have gone to wuhan this week including my gf antie, she volunteered. I volunteered. I would too as I have nothing to do now. Ambulances are rapidly  being knocked by the tens of thousands in factors at the moment and many are working overtime to help out. No one wants to mention that . 

Starting to feel like you may think you’re being personally attacked 

this is just a conversation. Noone is attacking the Chinese people as a whole 

Yes , those wet markets are disgusting. Same thing could have happened and has happened to other countries with similar practices 

You have to understand though, why people would be sceptical and frustrated with a country that intimidated the doctors who first warned about it . 

my best wishes to your people there that volunteered and hopefully this will be controlled soon for everyone’s sake 

Come-one mate, thats suggesting its all a cover up by the WHO as well?  I think they know more that an English teacher and doctor. Just because your a low level GP in say brighton do you know what's going in all hospitals  across a country with a population 30% bigger than USA, Canada,  the whole of the EU, Australia , NZ, Japan all put together ? Lets be fair about it . 

nope but it does suggest the CP are being less than truthful. in fact you would be hard pushed to see much, if anything, that the CP have been truthful about!

Perfect example, where did I say this? you read what you wanted to read and ignore everything i said in my post above. Sure I don't agree on everything NRich says  but he gives a fair view points that can be be taken into consideration and is providing evidence, which the other guys are not doing. So for example the bullshit about the 100,000 banquet seprenza says, You just says he can speak fluent chinese . Well no he can't because its says in the headline of the very same paper he shows to the camera 四万人. That means 40,000 people, that immediately jumps out at anyone who can read chinese. His chinese is bollox, 

Nrich is an idiot period.  even the Chinese staff at the wall street journal say 100,000. the  guardian 40 but there you go. if i or he named mainland china sources they would disappear and you know it! stop being an apologist for an evil regime!