Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Duff

Sourcing Tostran

Recommended Posts

Morning guys,

does anybody know a chemist chain that stocks Tostran? Not worried about location I’ll drive there, or even a European country that has it available? 
 

I’ve cleaned out my local pharmacies around Cambridge area and none can order it in- it’s no longer available in the uk. Same with online pharmacies.

Have tried testogel but doesn’t seem to work as well.

thanks!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

why not get your endo (or whoever diagnosed and prescribed for you) to change your script to testogel or switch or an injection? - theres no point if you are struggling to find it.

* tostran is still listed in the BNF (british national formulary , this is the book you see your GP reading when they are prescribing things ) - did you ask why these places could not get it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outbid- basically another country has bought up the supply. No pharmacies can order it in, only some branch’s have a few knocking about. It’s a different delivery system to testogel and seems to work better. I feel better anyway and my test was down using testogel but I don’t want to be using a bucket load daily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not your fault you can’t get any, your endo is there to help you so it’s down to them to offer an alternative or your gonna end up back at square one.

Ring their office and demand a quick solution today.

Danny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Duff said:

Outbid- basically another country has bought up the supply. No pharmacies can order it in, only some branch’s have a few knocking about. It’s a different delivery system to testogel and seems to work better. I feel better anyway and my test was down using testogel but I don’t want to be using a bucket load daily.

you may not have any choice if that is the case, test is test no matter the delivery method - it just needs to  be adjusted to put you in range .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, aqualung said:

you may not have any choice if that is the case, test is test no matter the delivery method - it just needs to  be adjusted to put you in range .

If I had to use more testogel I’d consider jabs- you have to smear loads on..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ve had this discussion before but I still find this really odd. I’ve just had more ordered for collection tomorrow, no issues at all. Granted, I’m in Manchester and not Cambridge, but if it was a national issue I’d be expecting to be facing issues too.

(I’ll add that I’m not doubting you or calling you a liar, it’s just a peculiar situation).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, faipdeooiad said:

We’ve had this discussion before but I still find this really odd. I’ve just had more ordered for collection tomorrow, no issues at all. Granted, I’m in Manchester and not Cambridge, but if it was a national issue I’d be expecting to be facing issues too.

(I’ll add that I’m not doubting you or calling you a liar, it’s just a peculiar situation).

Yeah I remember! I called a local village branch of  Lloyd’s pharmacy on the off chance and they had some, got x4 canisters. They said it was shelf stock but can’t get any more.  Pretty sure they’re only supposed to do one at a time anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×