Hardcore Spinksy

Tendonitis PEASE HELP

alrite everyone,

I am a long term sufferer of tendonitis in my elbows both tennis on the front and golfers on the back. It has come and gone for years and it gets really severe. It has been caused by working heavy manual repetitive jobs and training.

I have tried all the deep heat rubs, painkillers, elbow wraps and all the usual stuff and have also had a cortisone steroid injection in the left elbow which has now worn off.

It has a negative effect on my everyday life and holds me back in the gym and the pain is sometimes so severe I can't lift.

Any tips or advice on the subject from fellow sufferers would help so much, I am so sick of being in pain. Any little secrets or miracle cures would be amazing.

Spinksy

27 minutes ago, Hardcore Spinksy said:

Any tips or advice on the subject

Re post this in the in correct section  ;)

Do you still work manually? If so then you might struggle tbh. It’s an overuse injury. I get tennis elbow from sport/lifting and I do a desk job. Only rest and switching to movements that don’t put too much pressure on it help.

@PSevens might be able to give you a few pointers if he has time, thanks

had it on and off (mainly on) for many years 

avoid heavy tricep isolation work, limit overall tricep volume (this is individual), get soft tissue work done on your triceps or do it yourself (this really sucks if done properly), incorporate ultra high rep sets of band tricep extensions 2-5 sets of 50-100 reps post wo, wear a 5mm sleeve with some chilli rub on the tricep tendon  and basically just endlessly work around it 

I've done tons of reading into it and never been able to 'cure' mine, only work around it with better and worse phases.

One other thing, I've not found a single voila product, cream, pill, PED or technique for my tendinitis, that is nothing where I was like holy s**t this is amazing so be dubious of any supplement marketed as such. 

6 minutes ago, Hardcore Spinksy said:

thanks everyone for the input,

It's a nightmare when your constantly in pain. 

Have any of you lads tried tb500 for injuries?? iv heard this peptide can help!!

Spinksy

Emphasis on 'help'

You still need to be in an environment conducive to healing ie doing not doing anything that even slightly aggravates it 

12 hours ago, Hardcore Spinksy said:

thanks everyone for the input,

It's a nightmare when your constantly in pain. 

Have any of you lads tried tb500 for injuries?? iv heard this peptide can help!!

Spinksy

Yes tb500 did have a great deal of benefit for following shoulder surgery. Months later my RC tendons  were all inflamed , 3 weeks on and off of tb500 got rid of it,along with things like rehab exercises band work etc

On 01/02/2020 at 9:43 PM, Hardcore Spinksy said:

alrite everyone,

I am a long term sufferer of tendonitis in my elbows both tennis on the front and golfers on the back. It has come and gone for years and it gets really severe. It has been caused by working heavy manual repetitive jobs and training.

I have tried all the deep heat rubs, painkillers, elbow wraps and all the usual stuff and have also had a cortisone steroid injection in the left elbow which has now worn off.

It has a negative effect on my everyday life and holds me back in the gym and the pain is sometimes so severe I can't lift.

Any tips or advice on the subject from fellow sufferers would help so much, I am so sick of being in pain. Any little secrets or miracle cures would be amazing.

Spinksy

the_portland_clinic_-_tennis_elbow_hando,Mate I’m about to leave  for work. I’ll include  something else later (try to). Got a long day today. Quickly though, rest from lifting is priority so would agree with @Sasnak @swole troll & @Mingster

On 01/02/2020 at 9:43 PM, Hardcore Spinksy said:

alrite everyone,

Spinksy

Hello mate,

I replied to your post of TE yesterday. I’m a sports therapist. 

My previous job, I ended up doing a lot more computer (using a mouse) work. This caused me tennis elbow. Had it for 18 months. Didn’t stop the mouse use as I thought it was gym related. In the end, I had a cortisone injection. The immediate relief was blissful. Honestly, such a wonderful feeling. Was told it’d last 3 months. It lasted exactly 3 months.

I stopped training upper body for 3 months. Many continue training as the pain goes. This just stresses the tendon further.It didn’t relieve itself until I left the job; less mouse use. 

If you want to try BPC157/T500 like other guys post as advice, that is up to you. I tried it, had absolutely no effect on me. I, honestly think youd be wasting your money.

I’ve just realised you have golfers as well.  Unsure of your training pattern but I see you also do/have done manual jobs. That’s a lot of load being placed on the elbow joint/surrounding structures. Something needs to be modified. I have said, as others, stop training. Easier said than done but it would be a good idea to have a break to see if you notice any improvements. 

Maybe focus on cardio/heart/overall health/lower body for a couple of months? We want to reduce/get rid of pain levels but also assist in providing longevity in something you love; training. 

I wouldn’t  advise cortisone because it does create scar tissue and it temporarily masks the issue. 

I’ve personally suffered with both conditions and feel your pain. I stopped doing flyes as that seemed to aggravate it, after some weeks I recovered and never do that exercise anymore..

I've suffered with golfers elbow in my right arm last year, I worked around it and it eventually went after about 6 months, I only have the dam thing in my left arm now so this time I'm doing some stretching exercises and dumbell wrist curls, will keep you informed..