Sign in to follow this  

Hi all.

I use the stronglifts 5x5 routine, its;

Workout a - Squats, Bench, Row.

Workout b - Squats, Overhead, Deads.

With a days rest between each. I add isolation exercises to each workout but do adhere to the days rest in between workouts.

I'm now about to start a Trenbolone cycle 

My question is this;

If I was to drop squats from one of the workouts and skip the rest day, would I get more out of my cycle or is the rest day still necessary?

I obviously want to maximise the value of the cycle but Iam sticking to stronglifts for this cycle because I have the required equipment at home and am getting on with it well. I have already bought the cycle too.

All opinions encouraged...

Do not affect the mental side effects of tren. You may find your are not in a place mentally where’s you want to train much at all!!!! Not to mention the other side effects. 

You need to be doing more than 3 workouts a week with the volume of the 5x5 program. 

You're using one of the most advanced compounds available and following a beginners training program. 

Very bizarre. 

It's my understanding (and experience) that Stronglifts is a beginner program because it's designed to teach you good form and get your main lifts up to reasonable levels, without fu**ing around on accessory lifts, hence it's just the basic heavy compounds.

Of course, combine it with Tren and obviously you'll still put on size, better than doing Tren with no training, but as Crackerman said, it makes far more sense to go for a routine with more volume.

I personally found on my test cycles that a decent PPL worked wonders. At the moment I'm trying out the Dorian Yates Blood & Guts routine, which is killer. Might keep it up while on Tren, but not even sure when I'm going to start that yet.

It certainly sounds like you need to learn a bit more about the "science" of lifting before jumping on a cycle. Like I say, if you're lifting weight regularly and doing gear, eating and sleeping right, then yeah, you'll grow of course. It's just about doing it efficiently. 

If you're training sub-optimally on a test cycle, no major harm done. I was guilty of that on my second cycle. But if you're on Tren then the sides and risks are higher, so might as well make the most of it.

12 hours ago, TheSecretLemonadeDrinker said:

Hi all.

I use the stronglifts 5x5 routine, its;

Workout a - Squats, Bench, Row.

Workout b - Squats, Overhead, Deads.

With a days rest between each. I add isolation exercises to each workout but do adhere to the days rest in between workouts.

I'm now about to start a Trenbolone cycle 

My question is this;

If I was to drop squats from one of the workouts and skip the rest day, would I get more out of my cycle or is the rest day still necessary?

I obviously want to maximise the value of the cycle but Iam sticking to stronglifts for this cycle because I have the required equipment at home and am getting on with it well. I have already bought the cycle too.

All opinions encouraged...

I went ages without training legs due to injuries and trained 2 on 1 off...push/pull/off/push/pull

24ish sets each workout

Eat enough and get enough rest and you'll grow like a weed