Sign in to follow this  
Iron Horse

Very weird loss of strength in chest

This is a strange one, been going to gym for 10 plus years and never had this happen before. Coming towards the end of Test E \ Deca cycle of 12 weeks, lifts progressing nicely, gains going well. Then suddenly did chest last week and all my lifts were down my 20kg... felt weak as f**k on everything! Ive had pins and needles quite regular in my left arm the last few weeks as well not sure if its related. All other body parts are fine ita just chest. Tried chest again today and still the same. WTF!

6 minutes ago, Iron Horse said:

This is a strange one, been going to gym for 10 plus years and never had this happen before. Coming towards the end of Test E \ Deca cycle of 12 weeks, lifts progressing nicely, gains going well. Then suddenly did chest last week and all my lifts were down my 20kg... felt weak as f**k on everything! Ive had pins and needles quite regular in my left arm the last few weeks as well not sure if its related. All other body parts are fine ita just chest. Tried chest again today and still the same. WTF!

I've had the same thing for last 2 weeks. Only I've put it down to dropping my e2 too low. Having this week off, going back monday and hoping I'm back to normal

53 minutes ago, Jake6 said:

I've had the same thing for last 2 weeks. Only I've put it down to dropping my e2 too low. Having this week off, going back monday and hoping I'm back to normal

Crazy mate. Is it just your chest too or everything?

1 hour ago, Iron Horse said:

Crazy mate. Is it just your chest too or everything?

Everything mate, I've reduced cals too so I'm going to start back up on low volume and build it back up 

1 hour ago, sean m said:

Have you been keeping track of your bloods / blood pressure  ? 

Pins and needles in your left arm could be something serious. 

I had bloods at start of cycle, i have booke in to have bloods on Monday. Blood pressure is ok that was the first thing i checked. Cheers bro

Could be a trapped nerve. Wouldn’t say it’s steroid use at all if it’s progressing week on week. 

Could have been a lack of sleep, food, both. Literally could have just been an off day. 

1 hour ago, Iron Horse said:

I had bloods at start of cycle, i have booke in to have bloods on Monday. Blood pressure is ok that was the first thing i checked. Cheers bro

Could be a trapped nerve, but pins and needles down left arm could be your heart, I'd at least get an ECG

Assuming you're still alive, the pins and needles thing (which presumably isn't a heart attack) sounds like a trapped nerve.

Could be any number of things too. Diet, sleep, bit run down with a virus (people are joking about Coronavirus, but there's hundreds around at the moment, some worse, as there is every winter), maybe just plateauing at the end of a cycle.

I'd definitely get a physio or similar to look at that arm if it keep happening. Could be a sign of injury and ignoring it and making it worse means all the hard work will be for nothing.

Thanks mate, im hoping its a trapped nerve but ive booked into the docs Monday to se what he thinks. So annoying as im lifting like a fanny when it comes to bench!