Sign in to follow this  
Lovelyjubly

Astra 2016 plate 150k mileage

1.3 diesal...1 previous owner.

It's getting sold at a low price  ( due to the miles its driven most probably ) by a local car dealer. Drives all good .

I can only assume it's got such high mileage either it did alot of motor miles or it may have been used to hire it out ?

The price is good for the year . It drives well. 

Would you stay away from it ? Or buy it  if it's in good nick?

stay away

I had an astra for 8/9 months and did about 6 big repair jobs in that time! everything there was to go wrong, was going wrong on it at only 56k miles.

also very slow car. the 1.4 petrol only did 99bhp I can't imagine the 1.3 diesel being much better even with turbo!

2.5k. I'm actually selling a more powerful car cus I'm going to save the cash and use it for something more productive. My car rinses  for fuel. Hense buying a cheaper and smaller car and not a petrol this time. Speed isn't an issue. I'm a safe driver. 

I'm gonna get the guy to drop the Astra in price from 3300 to 3k

12 minutes ago, Lovelyjubly said:

2.5k. I'm actually selling a more powerful car cus I'm going to save the cash and use it for something more productive. My car rinses  for fuel. Hense buying a cheaper and smaller car and not a petrol this time. Speed isn't an issue. I'm a safe driver. 

I'm gonna get the guy to drop the Astra in price from 3300 to 3k

So is it £2,500 or £3,300?

Either way. Astras are s**t so save your money lol 

27 minutes ago, CarrotTop said:

So is it £2,500 or £3,300?

Either way. Astras are s**t so save your money lol 

Well I wanted to spend 2500 so I was looking to buy an older car. Until I saw this one and thought if I can haggle this. I'll buy it as it's a newer model.

2 minutes ago, Devil said:

Jeez, I wouldn’t touch anything above 75k mileage if you plan on actually getting use out of it. 1k or 10k in price, doesn’t matter.

I had my 330d from 82k to 100k until i crashed it and it was a great car :lol:

Petr

25 minutes ago, Devil said:

Jeez, I wouldn’t touch anything above 75k mileage if you plan on actually getting use out of it. 1k or 10k in price, doesn’t matter.

I think most people say don't touch a petrol car over 100k. But with diesels it's higher. But not sure if that theory  works for the newer cars.

3 hours ago, Lovelyjubly said:

Well I wanted to spend 2500 so I was looking to buy an older car. Until I saw this one and thought if I can haggle this. I'll buy it as it's a newer model.

When was it’s timing belt and clutch replaced? Likely going to need a third clutch, dual mass fly wheel and timing belt and water pump. About £1500 of work 

5 hours ago, Lovelyjubly said:

Would you stay away from it ? Or buy it  if it's in good nick?

Wouldn't bother... 150k is fairly high mileage any way, then add more over a few years use and it will be worth next to nothing resale.

As @Tricky said, will also require more maintenance, so personally would revert back to original plan and look at cars like above.

4 hours ago, drwae said:

There’s always exceptions obviously, but as a general safe rule of thumb, it’s how i play it 

if you want something cheap to tun /reliable and pretty quick just get a skoda vrs.

*i would not buy an astra with zero miles on the clock, nevermind one thats done more miles than the starship enterprise

10 hours ago, Devil said:

There’s always exceptions obviously, but as a general safe rule of thumb, it’s how i play it 

I wouldnt say exceptions .. 100k is barely ran in for a good diesel 

3 hours ago, JLawson90 said:

I wouldnt say exceptions .. 100k is barely ran in for a good diesel 

Aren’t they banned in 5-10 years anyhow. 

I'd opt for an older 220cdi Mercedes either C or E class depending on how big you want to go, not a biggest fan of the looks but one thing is for sure with a good service history the engines are good for 4-500k with parts cheap and easy to find, a friend of mine works for UPS and a lot of their trucks regularly see 500k plus. 

On 22/01/2020 at 6:18 PM, drwae said:

Then you had the Rover.

Bought with 97,641 on the clock, written off with 97,649 on the clock.

On 1/23/2020 at 8:01 AM, aqualung said:

just get a skoda

Ha ha. You wouldn’t have said that 35 years ago. The one my old man had was a nail. The Lada he had wasn’t too bad though