Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
swole troll

Joint support supps (namely supportmax joint)

Recommended Posts

To follow up from another thread does anyone have any suggestion for supplements that they've actually noticed a benefit from for their sore joints / tendinitis / overuse injuries 

I've had tricep tendinitis for years on and off (mainly on) 

I've tried glucosamine, chondroitin and msm at very high doses, I already supplement curcumin and piperine, fish oil and have used direct collagen supplements in the past all to no true avail.

I havn't tried support max joint but considering I've taken all the ingredients in isolation I can't see what it would do for me 
 

Support max joint serving contains:
1400mg glucosamine sulphate 

1000mg patented Hydrocurc

750mg Cissus Quadrangularis

250mg vitamin C

200mg hylaronic acid

10mg black pepper extract 


 

anyone have experience with support max joint or any supplement that they noticed a considerable improvement in their joints from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I studied this in small part when I hyperextended my elbow. 

A supplement called Instaflex kept popping up and showed improvements against placebo in a study (granted that doesn't mean too much) 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4176106/

Here is the panel 

For me personally, the problem went away after a prolonged period by itself (I like to think I consume plenty of foods that assist healing and inflammation) 

Turmeric Extract (root) 200 mg
   (standardized to min 82% curcuminoids)
 
Resveratrol 100 mg
   (from Polygonum cuspidatum root extract)
 
Apresflex-Boswellia serrata Extract (resin) 100 mg
 
UC-II (providing 10 mg undenatured type II
collagen)
40 mg
 
Hyaluronic Acid (min 89%) 5 mg
 
Bioperine-Black Pepper Extract (fruit) 5 mg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on the literature mostly found and reported by Examine,com...nothing in terms of direct supps to help joints.

In an indirect manner, i'd take those with strong evidence for reducing inflammation (fish oil, cirucmun, etc), and make sure your E2 is not too low, to assist. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Intresting topic!

@swole troll it might be a coincidence, but a month after having increased my hgh dose to what should equate to igf 1 levels of 600, stiffness in my achilles tendon (tendionosis) dramatically improved.

We also talked about it before, but I don't think you should throw the idea of PRP away, altho it's hit and miss, I heard some pretty incredible things about it for some people with very stubborn tendon injuries. Also relatively safe and affordable.

There's also a similar blood procedure called regenokine  (I think), which work by lowering inflammation (PRP stimulates it). Hence the importance in figuring out if one has tendinitis or tendionosis.

Shockwave therapy also did magic for my elbow tendionosis. Quite painful but very effective in stimulating healing and removing scar tissue. I also regained amazing flexibility 

I think stuff like cissus, curcumin etc is pretty subtle compared to the treatments mentioned above

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/01/2020 at 10:22 AM, swole troll said:

To follow up from another thread does anyone have any suggestion for supplements that they've actually noticed a benefit from for their sore joints / tendinitis / overuse injuries 

I've had tricep tendinitis for years on and off (mainly on) 

I've tried glucosamine, chondroitin and msm at very high doses, I already supplement curcumin and piperine, fish oil and have used direct collagen supplements in the past all to no true avail.

I havn't tried support max joint but considering I've taken all the ingredients in isolation I can't see what it would do for me 
 

Support max joint serving contains:
1400mg glucosamine sulphate 

1000mg patented Hydrocurc

750mg Cissus Quadrangularis

250mg vitamin C

200mg hylaronic acid

10mg black pepper extract 


 

anyone have experience with support max joint or any supplement that they noticed a considerable improvement in their joints from?

Strom Support Ma Joint are you using? If so im on the same for my knee issues.

Its good stuff, noticed a difference. I always bought the powder version until my latest tub which is the capsules. 

I also use Yamamoto Collagen tablets too, just 1x ED. .... got load of these when Yam have good 25/30% off official site offers. I use a lot of their range. Excellent quality.

https://www.yamamotonutrition.com/eng/effortex_pr31203

My coach has me on 20ml of Nordic Fish Oils taken pre-bed, take it with my Strom Joint Max

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00M772GFG?aaxitk=mwtDZE2x4HPtTne6j8KFPA&pd_rd_i=B00M772GFG&pf_rd_p=f5d6d4d9-368b-4922-ab40-a7c5424fea8f&hsa_cr_id=7320658220402&sb-ci-n=asinImage&sb-ci-v=https%3A%2F%2Fm.media-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F61Y6LzgvMoL.jpg&sb-ci-a=B00M772GFG

found this combo works great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Clubber Lang said:

Strom Support Ma Joint are you using? If so im on the same for my knee issues.

Its good stuff, noticed a difference. I always bought the powder version until my latest tub which is the capsules. 

I also use Yamamoto Collagen tablets too, just 1x ED. .... got load of these when Yam have good 25/30% off official site offers. I use a lot of their range. Excellent quality.

https://www.yamamotonutrition.com/eng/effortex_pr31203

My coach has me on 20ml of Nordic Fish Oils taken pre-bed, take it with my Strom Joint Max

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00M772GFG?aaxitk=mwtDZE2x4HPtTne6j8KFPA&pd_rd_i=B00M772GFG&pf_rd_p=f5d6d4d9-368b-4922-ab40-a7c5424fea8f&hsa_cr_id=7320658220402&sb-ci-n=asinImage&sb-ci-v=https%3A%2F%2Fm.media-amazon.com%2Fimages%2FI%2F61Y6LzgvMoL.jpg&sb-ci-a=B00M772GFG

found this combo works great.

No not using yet buddy but thanks for the write up.

Had a dicky elbow for years but it's become even more problematic lately 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, swole troll said:

No not using yet buddy but thanks for the write up.

Had a dicky elbow for years but it's become even more problematic lately 

ive had bad forearms on both sides for about 4 weeks, totally screwed my Pulling Movements and training. Near enough recovered now, thank God.

Ive bought 2x compression sleeves for tennis elbow off ebay, just £5 each. I wear these during the day at home and can sleep in them. I did notice a reduction in pain when wearing.

i got 1x sleeve to make sure the size was correct, then quickly bought another.

for £5 i think their worth it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elbow-Support-Brace-Tennis-Golfer-GYM-Arthritis-Arm-Sleeve-Wrap-Bandage-Straps/223697548240?_trkparms=aid%3D555018%26algo%3DPL.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D40733%26meid%3Dd4b872853e33401a8afb696c7aef0865%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D12%26mehot%3Dpf%26sd%3D362787299095%26itm%3D223697548240%26pmt%3D1%26noa%3D0%26pg%3D2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

will ice and compression while wearing these after training.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Clubber Lang said:

ive had bad forearms on both sides for about 4 weeks, totally screwed my Pulling Movements and training. Near enough recovered now, thank God.

Ive bought 2x compression sleeves for tennis elbow off ebay, just £5 each. I wear these during the day at home and can sleep in them. I did notice a reduction in pain when wearing.

Got various sleeves 

A good one is chilli rub then putting a sleeve over it and wear it through your whole workout 

Ben Pollack did a good vid on its MOA for reducing pain and actually accelerating healing 

 

 

I use this brand 

 

Nature Knows Best Chilli Muscle Rub (HOT Balm) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004L9VBV8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_yHFiEbRS1N791

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, swole troll said:

Got various sleeves 

A good one is chilli rub then putting a sleeve over it and wear it through your whole workout 

Ben Pollack did a good vid on its MOA for reducing pain and actually accelerating healing 

 

 

I use this brand 

 

Nature Knows Best Chilli Mukscle Rub (HOT Balm) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004L9VBV8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_yHFiEbRS1N791

Intresting. How long does the chili balsam last? It doesnt make the sleave all sticky?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, swole troll said:

Got various sleeves 

A good one is chilli rub then putting a sleeve over it and wear it through your whole workout 

Ben Pollack did a good vid on its MOA for reducing pain and actually accelerating healing 

 

 

I use this brand 

 

Nature Knows Best Chilli Muscle Rub (HOT Balm) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B004L9VBV8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_yHFiEbRS1N791

yeah i remember you linking me that video and chilli stuff a month or so ago when i asked about BPC-157 into my forearm.

luckily ive managed to recover my forearm strains with ice, compression, anti-inflam (tabs and creams), tiger balm when training and also on all pulling movements use lifting straps to take as much pressure off my forearm/grip. Got some Figure-8 straps, theyre good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×